hit and run I experienced last year

Joey20462046

Jan 18, 2014
My birthday happened to be the same withChinese New Year this year. My wife, daughter and I drove to the States fromVancouver for celebration. We parked our car on the parking lot of a shoppingmall in Bellingham. A couple of hours later, we went out and planed to drive toa restaurant for dinner. When we were near our car, we saw a piece of paper onthe windshield, which said someone backed up and hit my car. There was alicense plate number written down in the piece of paper. Also, an email addressof the witness was left. I called police and police found the information ofthe hit and run driver according to the license plate number.

Around five years ago, Iexperienced another hit and run. When I parked my car outside my office,someone hit my car and run. After work I found the back bumper and tail lightcover of my car were damaged. I drove my car to RCMP to report the incident. Onthe way back home from the police station, a police officer stopped me and gaveme a ticket because of the car damage, although the taillights were stillworking. It was a bad experience and bad day. My car was hit and I got a ticketthat was only one ticket I ever got since I started driving. My deductible was$700. I should pay that amount of money for car repair, and I also had to pay afine of over $100.

But this time I was lucky.After I came back to Vancouver, I wrote an email to the witness to express mysincere appreciation. The witness told me in her email that she was a schoolteacher in Vancouver. In that day when the hit and run happened, she wasshopping. She saw whathappened and she was so shocked. There were about fifteen people standingaround watching a guy backed up and hit my car, but all just left and didnothing. She realized that she should do something. She ran into her car anddrove after the man to get his license plate number. She then drove back andwrote the note.

ICBC contacted the driver’s insurance and had my carfixed. It made me feel that this world is still warm and people are stillfriendly and helpful. I didn’t have a chance to meet the witness and say thankyou in front of her, but I really appreciate what she did. I wish the best toher and I hope more and more people will do the right things.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
takes all kinds, glad you finally "ran into" a nice one

welcome to the forum

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Best(worst?) one i heard was a guy that did a fender bender and left a note
"I hit your car. Hard. Everyone thinks I am leaving my name and phone #. but I'm not."

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
"I hit your car. Hard. Everyone thinks I am leaving my name and phone #. but I'm not."
yeah after I heard that we watched a car slam another car in a parking lot...we sat and waited, guy who hit him sat and watched us, finally he got out and left his license number and phone number and drove away, after he drove away I got out to make sure he put the right license number on the car...then we waited until the car owner came out from the mall, then we drove away.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

But then gets busted because he left his fingerprints on the paper. *sigh* If only it would work like that...