Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Memories of those imperialist days ;-) :lol:

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I can't blame Blackie. England is depressing these days. I know quite a few ex-pats. They don;t even like goign back to visit.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
It's not Britain nor the "glories of the British Empire" that everyone has a problem with. It's the unparalleled arrogance and unending negativity and criticism towards everyone and anyone else that people object to when it comes to Blackleaf.

If you have to put someone down everytime you need to talk yourself up, that speaks to glaring self-esteem issues. In all honesty he should be pitied then ignored. In that order.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It's not Britain nor the "glories of the British Empire" that everyone has a problem with. It's the unparalleled arrogance and unending negativity and criticism towards everyone and anyone else that people object to when it comes to Blackleaf.

If you have to put someone down everytime you need to talk yourself up, that speaks to glaring self-esteem issues. In all honesty he should be pitied then ignored. In that order.

The crappy weather, crappy food and crappy economy have a lot to do with it as well.

... Oh, and the pretend navy is another thing

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

He needs a shrink, he's delusional.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The map of Canada should show an increase of the European scallywags along the water accesses and centering on Ottawa in general but not exclusively.
WTF did they ever do in Baffin Island other than stay there long enough to actually follow there instincts to be someplace else entirely?

Give us the details of the drunken night they came up with the dividing line for India and Pakistan?

Were the 'pirates of the 7 seas the first OBL and 'the gang by any other name'?
If it works once why not 1,000 times eh? Even you know a good liar can change the lie when needed. To think up a flawless plan on the spot from start to finish is not something the best could do so that it fooled everybody.
Take a loaf of bread and win a trip to Australia, whether you want to or not. The shanghaied ones were the lucky ones as they could work for their passage and have a choice of what port they got off on if not offered a full time job with the boat.

I almost hate to ask what improvements you would be willing to put on the table if you had to do it all again for the good of the world?

Lets say the swamps in Canada were the open air prison. dry areas could be dropped food and in summer the water and the bugs would prevent escape and in the winter it is 1,000,s of sq miles where you can not see further than 500meters at any one time before the maze looks down another 500m stretch. What would the false flyer say for that 'trip'? (just want to make sure you haven't changed the style that you write treaties in)

In closing do you know why Franki Howard and Monty Python were so popular, not that it was poking fun at the Brits it was that were so many things that there were to poke fun at. I doubt you have clued into that aspect even yet.

Last I heard, Britain includes Scotland! -:)
Let me guess it was coming from a Brit and not a Scott. It isn't like anybody in any of those places that wasn't raised on 'milk' that you could set fire to and it didn't freeze, ... ever.

The real bond would have taken a tank to a gun-fight, he is so good you don't even know he's Iranian.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I like it!.. Shows that Britian is kinda like the pasty, feeble kid brother that Canada and the US has protected all these years

It's actually the US and Canada which are the kid daughters of Britain. The British Empire created you, remember.

As for "feeble" and having to be "protected" by Canada - You have to remember that it is Canda which is feeble. It has a small, inadequately equipped armed forces with second-hand equipment bought on the cheap from other countries. It is under the US military umbrella just as Ireland is under Britain's, and should it ever get threatened by a foreign power - say, the Russians - Britain would be one of the first countries that Canada goes crying to for help. And Canada WOULD have to rely on foreign help should ot ever get threatened by a foreign power, because its military is too small, and its soldiers too soft, to be able to hold steadfast and defeat the enemy.

As for Britain having to be "protected" from the US - You have to remember that Britain has fought hundreds of wars over the centuries without having to rely on US "protection". In fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find a war in which Britain and the US fought together before the 20th Century. Unlike Canada, Britain is perfectly capable of fighting and winning wars without having to rely on the US, as the Falklands just 32 years ago showed.

The Americo-Canadians have to cut out this silly idea that they and their armed forces are some sort of world supermen who go around the world winning wars and saving countries blinfolded and with your arms tied around your backs. It's silly and it's not views shared with billions of people in the real world - the land outside America and Canada. Canada's non-existent military is the butt of worldwide jokes, and the US military is renowened for relying on brawn rather than brains.

The reality is that, unlike Britain, Canada and the US have poor records in fighting wars on their own (I'm not sure Canada has ever fought a war on its own) and when the US doesn't have intelligent British troops backing it up in wars, and just has to rely on its braindead, trigger-happy troops who have never even heard of the countries they are sent to, it tends to lose wars. Vietnam is a good example. The US would have won that war had it had British troops fighting alongside it.

It is amazing the reach and influence they once had though...

It's good to see that the great British Empire still causes envy and inferiority complexes around the world. I see from this thread that, even today, the Canadians and Americans still haven't shaken off the fact that they are an inferior race to the British.