cheeseapocalypse

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Velveeta isn't cheese. It is an edible petroleum byproduct.

And a war monger slams Obama for not escalating war... big surprise there.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Wow Cliffy, what on earth gave you that bizarre idea?

Milk, water, milk fat, whey, milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate; contains less than 2% of: salt, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid as a preservative, sodium alginate, sodium citrate, enzymes, apocarotenal (color), annatto (color), and cheese culture.[4]

For those who've ever been confused by the term 'edible oil', and mistakenly think there is any such thing as 'edible petroleum'.

http://biotech.about.com/b/2009/03/19/what-are-edible-oils.htm

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Wow Cliffy, what on earth gave you that bizarre idea?

Milk, water, milk fat, whey, milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate, sodium phosphate; contains less than 2% of: salt, calcium phosphate, lactic acid, sorbic acid as a preservative, sodium alginate, sodium citrate, enzymes, apocarotenal (color), annatto (color), and cheese culture.[4]
Yummy, chemical soup. Makes me want to run out and over indulge in some right away.

Ya, I know it is a bizarre idea. I say the same thing about coffee whitener. To me, it is like saying McDonald's serves food.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yummy, chemical soup. Makes me want to run out and over indulge in some right away.

Ya, I know it is a bizarre idea. I say the same thing about coffee whitener. To me, it is like saying McDonald's serves food.

Avoid processed food all you like, but, something being processed food and being a petroleum product are not the same thing.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Avoid processed food all you like, but, something being processed food and being a petroleum product are not the same thing.
Yes, I know, but sometimes saying outrageous stuff like that gets people thinking about what they are actually ingesting.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Yes, I know, but sometimes saying outrageous stuff like that gets people thinking about what they are actually ingesting.

Or it makes them discount anything you say in the future, because you have no clue what you're talking about.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

BINGO!

Keep keeping it on the left side Cliff! Make it all up and keep pressing. Enough of the dopes will believe it.

Or it makes them discount anything you say in the future, because you have no clue what you're talking about.

Atta girl Karrie.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Processed food or chemicals on toast, whatever. Velveeta is simply gross and the world will be a better place with a shortage, you just wait and see. ;)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

And a war monger slams Obama for not escalating war... big surprise there.

I have box of it in hand. ingredients are: milk, water, cheese, sodium phosphates, salt, sodium alginate, cellulose gum, lactic acid, sorbic acid, colour, ground mustard, spice and corn starch.

Nope, no oil . How the hell did that happen?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I don't think I have ever expected anybody to take me seriously. Secondly, eating Velveeta is about as nourishing as drinking 10 - 30 oil. The only difference is that it tastes better.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't think I have ever expected anybody to take me seriously. Secondly, eating Velveeta is about as nourishing as drinking 10 - 30 oil. The only difference is that it tastes better.

The bulk of the ingredients are.... Milk, water, milk fat, whey, milk protein concentrate, whey protein concentrate. About as nourishing as 10W30. hmmm. That's a pretty bold statement. You're apparently pretty jaded about dairy.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
A cheese shortage does that mean America will at last no longer be all bunged up?
just asking. Obama causes cheese shortage, I haven't seen anyone blame him for
the blizzard and ice storm yet.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
One thing Americans and Canadians can't do is proper cheese. It's all processed gunk over there.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
One thing Americans and Canadians can't do is proper cheese. It's all processed gunk over there.
So, you have been here, have you? Canadian Cheddar is second to none. We actually have a lot of very good cheeses here. Velveeta is a Yanky invention and is a cheese like substance that does not resemble real cheese at all.