Christmas - What does it mean for you.

Goober
Christmas - What does it mean for you. Please try to keep it polite.
The Spirit of Christmas does have meaning, unfortunately many ignore, forget or cannot think of what it really means.

petros
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Family

Goober
+2
Family, friends, the gatherings where we connect again with those we have not seen as often as we should.
1 reason why I respect Ramadan.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Family

Ditto.

gerryh
+3
A time to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and Family, and friends

Kreskin
A pain in the ***, having to catch ferries.

Sal
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

The Spirit of Christmas does have meaning, unfortunately many ignore, forget or cannot think of what it really means.

a time of giving, and sharing

gopher
Fun for everyone & lots of football on tv.

spaminator
assholified relatives.

Cliffy
+3
Winter Solstice , a huge bonfire at Mickey and Brendalee's place complete with pagan rituals, and feasting with my extended family of friends.

MHz
A chance to do 2 things, see how desperate the Merchants are in their greed and how clueless most people are about what the Bible says and what it doesn't say. (doesn't apply to members of this board) The truth isn't always as polite as a lie.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

A chance to do 2 things, see how desperate the Merchants are in their greed and how clueless most people are about what the Bible says and what it doesn't say. (doesn't apply to members of this board) The truth isn't always as polite as a lie.

What the bible says according to your interpretation that is.

tay
I'm thinking this family just wants to watch the world burn..........

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Winter Solstice , a huge bonfire at Mickey and Brendalee's place complete with pagan rituals, and feasting with my extended family of friends.

Early Christmas gifts!

Walter
What Gerry said, the celebration of the birth of Christ.

#juan
+1
Around our house Christmas is mainly about family and kids. Those we don't see for whatever reason, we phone. We always have a tree but I don't go near as crazy with the outdoor lights as I used to.

Merry Christmas all.

damngrumpy
+1
I would say the birth of Christ but no one knows what that date was. The church
used the time of year to destroy the culture of the Celts so celebrating that is like
celebrating cultural genocide. I have lots of family around and the down side with
twenty three grand kids and four great grand kids I now have a job working for Santa.
I also like to do something fun. Five years ago I went out in the orchard and gathered
up apple prunings and gave each a stick and a lump of coal for Christmas.
Believe it or not it was a hit and they still have their sticks.
I also long for the days when I could eat candy and drink lots of rum. Type 2 diabetes
doesn't allow for much of that anymore. Merry Christmas to all

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

I would say the birth of Christ but no one knows what that date was. The church
used the time of year to destroy the culture of the Celts so celebrating that is like
celebrating cultural genocide. I have lots of family around and the down side with
twenty three grand kids and four great grand kids I now have a job working for Santa.
I also like to do something fun. Five years ago I went out in the orchard and gathered
up apple prunings and gave each a stick and a lump of coal for Christmas.
Believe it or not it was a hit and they still have their sticks.
I also long for the days when I could eat candy and drink lots of rum. Type 2 diabetes
doesn't allow for much of that anymore. Merry Christmas to all

It was September.

MHz
September birth means December conception which is when life starts as far as God is concerned. I'm good with that concept just like I'm good with the most holy place in Jerusalem being the location the cross was.

karrie
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Gathering people together to bring light into our lives.

It doesn't matter who you're with, where you are, why you celebrate, or how you want to nitpick the history behind it, the reason is universal.

Sal
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

September birth means December conception which is when life starts as far as God is concerned. I'm good with that concept just like I'm good with the most holy place in Jerusalem being the location the cross was.

you sure do seem to know a lot about what God thinks

Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Gathering people together to bring light into our lives.

It doesn't matter who you're with, where you are, why you celebrate, or how you want to nitpick the history behind it, the reason is universal.

dead on

no new posts