'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Fox News host Megyn Kelly caused controversy last night as she confidently declared that not only is Santa Claus white but Jesus Christ is too.

Despite logic dictating that a man born in the Middle East more than 2,000 years ago would at the very least have been olive-skinned - Kelly announced her asertion that Jesus was white to be fact and 'verifiable'.

While no physical descriptions of Jesus definitively exist, Kelly made her absurd statement during Wednesday's edition of The Kelly File as she discussed a Slate article that suggested a more inclusive Santa for the tens of millions of Americans who are not white.

more

Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly declares 'Jesus and Santa are 'verifiably white' | Mail Online

Can't speak for that jewish hippie but I've seen Santa, and he's white alright. :lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
And in the article painting of Jesus from around the world, in one he is is blue.
Not gonna be hard to recognize when he comes back now is it. JLM you were asking?
Anyone here know any blue people- no not that blue - skin color.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Jesus is white it's just a fact. Santa is white, just because you are uncomfortable with it, doesn't mean it should change.

ignorance flourishes...now I've heard it all

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What she's said is ridiculous as it pertains to Jesus, but not so much as it pertains to Santa Claus.

But I have to say, I find it a bit odd that making either one of them a minority, would make them more 'inclusive'. I'm sorry, but if you don't like white people, and can't accept a white figure, then why would making it a figure representative of even fewer people, cause more acceptance of it? It's a very backwards bit of logic to try to make everything 'not white'.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
If Santa is transparent in a red suit does that mean he is an empty suit?
Jesus is white just look at the coca cola commercials and print ads how
could he be anything else?
As for Jesus that is a leap of faith of course the entire story is a leap of faith.
What if he was black would it make a lot of difference?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And in the article painting of Jesus from around the world, in one he is is blue.
Not gonna be hard to recognize when he comes back now is it. JLM you were asking?
Anyone here know any blue people- no not that blue - skin color.
Jesus don't look Bluish.

BornRuff

Time Out
Nov 17, 2013
What she's said is ridiculous as it pertains to Jesus, but not so much as it pertains to Santa Claus.

But I have to say, I find it a bit odd that making either one of them a minority, would make them more 'inclusive'. I'm sorry, but if you don't like white people, and can't accept a white figure, then why would making it a figure representative of even fewer people, cause more acceptance of it? It's a very backwards bit of logic to try to make everything 'not white'.

I don't think the idea is to make Santa one race, but suggesting that we become more comfortable with having Santa portrayed as any number of different races.

The whole point of him is to make kids happy, so if it would make some kids happier to see their race represented every once in a while, why not?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If Santa is transparent in a red suit does that mean he is an empty suit?
Jesus is white just look at the coca cola commercials and print ads how
could he be anything else?

Does it really matter?

As for Jesus that is a leap of faith of course the entire story is a leap of faith.
What if he was black would it make a lot of difference?

That's the beauty of faith... No one is asking you to believe. In fact, no one is asking your opinion at all.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't think the idea is to make Santa one race, but suggesting that we become more comfortable with having Santa portrayed as any number of different races.

The whole point of him is to make kids happy, so if it would make some kids happier to see their race represented every once in a while, why not?

don't different cultures already do that? Does there need to be 'permission'?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well, it does sound like there are a lot of people who are not comfortable with the idea.

In order for something to make the news, you can count on a 1/4 as many people as they say are upset, actually being so. Outrage sells, even when creating outrage in your own direction (ie, getting your newscasters/op-ed people to say stupid crap).

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
The issue is not whether Jesus was black, brown, or off pink. The issue is that there are those who feel so strongly about racial superiority that they would declare Jesus to be white to the exclusion of other possibilities.
You see, if Jesus were god, then these crying "white" would feel that God is their god, a tribal god, a god who favours them, and that they are more godlike to the exclusion of other lesser humans. And, god would certainly prefer a white president, and that the uppity should learn to not aspire to heights reserved for the more divine.
Yep, God is Aryan; Gott mit uns!