OMG!!! I just signed up for ObamaCare

B00Mer

Success!

Your account has been created.
With this account, you can use the Health Insurance Marketplace to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs.

-------------------------------------------

Needless to say, I'm grinding my teeth throughout the whole process.. LOL

Sorta painless.. $344/mo for Insurance

damngrumpy
Good for you shows anyone can do it. In Canada we pay a lot less than that
though. As soon as they can get those private healthcare companies out of
business it could be even cheaper Congrats you did a good thing today.

Walter
What level? Is yer deductible higher or lower than before? Is yer coverage for things you don't need? Is yer premium higher or lower than before? Are you getting a subsidy? Did you have ins before this? If you did, did you want that coverage to end? Do you have access to the same doctors and hospitals as before? Is yer info protected? How do you pay yer premium? Does the ins company know that you're a client of theirs?

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

What level? Is yer deductible higher or lower than before? Is yer coverage for things you don't need? Is yer premium higher or lower than before? Are you getting a subsidy? Did you have ins before this? If you did, did you want that coverage to end? Do you have access to the same doctors and hospitals as before? Is yer info protected? How do you pay yer premium? Does the ins company know that you're a client of theirs?

I've been out of the country for 3 years.. so I decided I needed Insurance now that I'm back..

Seems to be about the same plan I had before.. no real difference.

Kreskin

How do you know what you'll need?

Cliffy
Ha Ha! All the belly aching about Obamacare for nothing. Are you voting Democrat next time?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

How do you know what you'll need?

Some of these I'll never need.

"ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care."[

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Ha Ha! All the belly aching about Obamacare for nothing. Are you voting Democrat next time?

No Republican..

It's pretty much the same BS I had before.. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas..

All ObamaCare is, is forcing people to buy Insurance..

It's like Canada, they were to force you to buy Canada Bonds.. 20% of your pay has to go to government bonds.. buy or be fined

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

It's like Canada, they were to force you to buy Canada Bonds.. 20% of your pay has to go to government bonds.. buy or be fined

What!? Ain't no such thing happening.

Cliffy
+1

Typical republican, just making sh!t up to be contrary.

B00Mer

It an example.. ObamaCare is just a law that forces people to buy a product..

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3
What would have made this funnier Boom (and a little sad) is if you were still living and working in Canada. BTW, you are now a card carrying democrat whether you like it or not. You and Gopher can hang out with Hillary at the next convention.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Good for you shows anyone can do it. In Canada we pay a lot less than that
though. As soon as they can get those private healthcare companies out of
business it could be even cheaper Congrats you did a good thing today.

Look at your tax bill grumpy the $100 per month only covers your care card , the real cost is in your 50 % plus tax you pay .
When is tax freedom day ? Something like June 26 before you begin working for yourself .

B00Mer
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

What would have made this funnier Boom (and a little sad) is if you were still living and working in Canada.

Living in Canada and buy US Health Insurance... that would make sense.. duh

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

BTW, you are now a card carrying democrat whether you like it or not. You and Gopher can hang out with Hillary at the next convention.

No... I would have had to buy Insurance anyhow.. you would be a bloody idiot not to have Health Protection in the USA. Regardless of ObamaCare or not..

A visit to emergency could cost you upwards of $12,000 and ruin you for a few years..

Just look at all that sunshine...

I'm sitting in Ranger, Texas at the Loves Truck Stop right now and it's 23F right now.. the roads are still icy.. disgusting..

Last edited by B00Mer; Dec 11th, 2013 at 08:48 AM..

Walter
+2

I'm sitting in Ranger, Texas right now and it's 23F right now.. the roads are still icy.. disgusting..

Don't worry it's only weather; has nothing to do with climate.

B00Mer

Don't worry it's only weather; has nothing to do with climate.

yeah, keep telling yourself that...

Walter

yeah, keep telling yourself that...

Actually, posters on this forum keep reminding me that weather isn't climate.

B00Mer
+4
#18  Top Rated Post
Saturday, driving from Flagstaff to Phoenix to do my 34 hr reset.. Scenic View reset stop on I17

Used Pano with iPhone

Kreskin
+3

"ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care."[

You know there is an outside that you'll need hospitalization, no matter how lucky you think you are.

lone wolf
+3

It an example.. ObamaCare is just a law that forces people to buy a product..

So is mandatory auto insurance....

taxslave
+4

Except for the maternity part you already need most of the rest.

karrie
Like you say Boomer, anyone with a brain already applied for insurance, so, my big question is, does Obamacare change the way insurance companies deal with people they used to turn down for pre-existing conditions? Would I be able to get medical insurance in the US now if I were a citizen?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Like you say Boomer, anyone with a brain already applied for insurance, so, my big question is, does Obamacare change the way insurance companies deal with people they used to turn down for pre-existing conditions? Would I be able to get medical insurance in the US now if I were a citizen?

Yes you would. The more you pay the better you will be treated!

Success!

Your account has been created.
With this account, you can use the Health Insurance Marketplace to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs.

-------------------------------------------

Needless to say, I'm grinding my teeth throughout the whole process.. LOL

Sorta painless.. $344/mo for Insurance

Did you get your bill and papers saying you actually have insurance?

And I am sure you don't live in Oregon.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/oregon...rticle/2540529

Oregon signs up just 44 people for Obamacare despite spending $300 million
Last edited by EagleSmack; Dec 11th, 2013 at 01:23 PM..

karrie
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Yes you would. The more you pay the better you will be treated!

Okay, so, I have to pay more for better treatment, do I have to pay more because I'm already sick?

EagleSmack

Okay, so, I have to pay more for better treatment, do I have to pay more because I'm already sick?

That is a good question Karrie.

So now you can get a form of health insurance but what form will they allow you to have with a preexisting condition?

I am not sure you would be allowed to purchase the cheap plans with a significant preexisting condition.

Let me see if I can find out because that again is a good question.

karrie
+1

That is a good question Karrie.

So now you can get a form of health insurance but what form will they allow you to have with a preexisting condition?

I am not sure you would be allowed to purchase the cheap plans with a significant preexisting condition.

Let me see if I can find out because that again is a good question.

That would be wonderful Eagle. Thanks.

To me, that is the facet of the US system that was the most unfair, and seemed to destroy the most families. Any health care reform that doesn't close that gap, is quite pointless.

EagleSmack
+1

That would be wonderful Eagle. Thanks.

To me, that is the facet of the US system that was the most unfair, and seemed to destroy the most families. Any health care reform that doesn't close that gap, is quite pointless.

I checked and well... it is a mess.

Healthcaredotgov says you cannot be denied health care with a preexisting condition nor pay more. But they were the ones that also said if you like your plan you can keep it. They say the exception is a grandfathered individual plan can be exempt from accepting you. They also say look into Medicare.

State exchanges are all different.

I have a hunch... if you have a preexisting condition you would have to find a plan that treats that condition in the individual market. I doubt you'd be able to buy a bronze plan if the condition is not covered OR the premiums and deductibles will be quite substantial.

The more you pay... the better you will be treated.

I agree with that and that should have been dealt with because now we have Obamacare.

In addition... we are finding out that certain medications may not be covered under plans and you may be channeled to see certain doctors. So... if you like your doctor you can keep him/her... but you may have to pay more. If you like the medication you are getting for your illness you can keep getting them... but you may have to pay more.

Great plan!
Last edited by EagleSmack; Dec 11th, 2013 at 02:12 PM..

karrie

I agree with that and that should have been dealt with because now we have Obamacare.

In addition... we are finding out that certain medications may not be covered under plans and you may be channeled to see certain doctors. So... if you like your doctor you can keep him/her... but you may have to pay more. If you like the medication you are getting for your illness you can keep getting them... but you may have to pay more.

Great plan!

This sounds pretty on par with most two-tier medical systems. In Canada your meds aren't covered at all, you need separate insurance, usually through your employer, for that.

EagleSmack

This sounds pretty on par with most two-tier medical systems. In Canada your meds aren't covered at all, you need separate insurance, usually through your employer, for that.

This doesn't even scratch the surface for employer insurance. That shoe drops next year.

This is only the individual plans and market.

Walter
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

So is mandatory auto insurance....

You don't have to drive or own a car.