OMG!!! I just signed up for ObamaCare

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Success!

Your account has been created.
With this account, you can use the Health Insurance Marketplace to find health coverage that fits your budget and meets your needs.

-------------------------------------------

Needless to say, I'm grinding my teeth throughout the whole process.. LOL

Sorta painless.. $344/mo for Insurance

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Good for you shows anyone can do it. In Canada we pay a lot less than that
though. As soon as they can get those private healthcare companies out of
business it could be even cheaper Congrats you did a good thing today.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
What level? Is yer deductible higher or lower than before? Is yer coverage for things you don't need? Is yer premium higher or lower than before? Are you getting a subsidy? Did you have ins before this? If you did, did you want that coverage to end? Do you have access to the same doctors and hospitals as before? Is yer info protected? How do you pay yer premium? Does the ins company know that you're a client of theirs?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What level? Is yer deductible higher or lower than before? Is yer coverage for things you don't need? Is yer premium higher or lower than before? Are you getting a subsidy? Did you have ins before this? If you did, did you want that coverage to end? Do you have access to the same doctors and hospitals as before? Is yer info protected? How do you pay yer premium? Does the ins company know that you're a client of theirs?

I've been out of the country for 3 years.. so I decided I needed Insurance now that I'm back..

Seems to be about the same plan I had before.. no real difference.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
How do you know what you'll need?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How do you know what you'll need?
Some of these I'll never need.

"ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care."[

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Ha Ha! All the belly aching about Obamacare for nothing. Are you voting Democrat next time?

No Republican..

It's pretty much the same BS I had before.. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas..

All ObamaCare is, is forcing people to buy Insurance..

It's like Canada, they were to force you to buy Canada Bonds.. 20% of your pay has to go to government bonds.. buy or be fined

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
What would have made this funnier Boom (and a little sad) is if you were still living and working in Canada. BTW, you are now a card carrying democrat whether you like it or not. You and Gopher can hang out with Hillary at the next convention. :)

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Good for you shows anyone can do it. In Canada we pay a lot less than that
though. As soon as they can get those private healthcare companies out of
business it could be even cheaper Congrats you did a good thing today.
Look at your tax bill grumpy the $100 per month only covers your care card , the real cost is in your 50 % plus tax you pay .
When is tax freedom day ? Something like June 26 before you begin working for yourself .

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What would have made this funnier Boom (and a little sad) is if you were still living and working in Canada.

Living in Canada and buy US Health Insurance... that would make sense.. duh

BTW, you are now a card carrying democrat whether you like it or not. You and Gopher can hang out with Hillary at the next convention. :)

No... I would have had to buy Insurance anyhow.. you would be a bloody idiot not to have Health Protection in the USA. Regardless of ObamaCare or not..

A visit to emergency could cost you upwards of $12,000 and ruin you for a few years..

Just look at all that sunshine...

I'm sitting in Ranger, Texas at the Loves Truck Stop right now and it's 23F right now.. the roads are still icy.. disgusting..

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Some of these I'll never need.

"ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care."[
You know there is an outside that you'll need hospitalization, no matter how lucky you think you are.