Canadian Content is an Eco-Friendly forum

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Not so~ One google search uses the same energy as a 60 watt lightbulb burning for 17 seconds. (New York Times)

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I've tried to release as much natural gas as possible to help keep our winters as mild as possible. ;)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Not so~ One google search uses the same energy as a 60 watt lightbulb burning for 17 seconds. (New York Times)

There's a reason I don't let anyone, anywhere, ever, lecture me about the environment while on the internet, or clutching a tablet/laptop/smart phone. Having a hubby in the oil patch was irritating as hell when visiting artsy fartsy enviro types while we lived in Edmonton.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
There's a reason I don't let anyone, anywhere, ever, lecture me about the environment while on the internet, or clutching a tablet/laptop/smart phone. Having a hubby in the oil patch was irritating as hell when visiting artsy fartsy enviro types while we lived in Edmonton.
Ah, don't worry. Pretty soon it will all be gone and so will the artsy fartsy enviro types. Then you won't have to hear about it any more.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ah, don't worry. Pretty soon it will all be gone and so will the artsy fartsy enviro types. Then you won't have to hear about it any more.

Psh, If we'd be so lucky. I think that particular brand of hypocritical 'holier than thous' will be like cockroaches.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
A poll shows most Britons are in favour of fracking.

It shows once again how out-of-touch the enviroMentals are and that they don't live in the real world.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
CC is not responsible for all the methane produced on the other side of this connection :p
And it's not counting the bovine feces that we run across while reading......

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Psh, If we'd be so lucky. I think that particular brand of hypocritical 'holier than thous' will be like cockroaches.

Agreed.

I live among them. Massachusetts is full of eco types that demand alternative energy... just not in their backyard.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Nothing wrong with having your sweetie in the oil patch doing honest work. Associating with the greenie citiots is what is embarrassing.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When one thinks of the environment it makes sense not to pollute the area around you.
Be careful and pay attention. As for the broad environmental net it is rubbish at best.
The issue is not longer about the health of the planet. What it is about is money from
the business world. If we convince the people of a problem we can sell them a new
fridge, light bulbs, vehicles, and insulate their homes and charge more for water and
power. From the environmental religious nuts they are selling you on a problem so they
can raise more money to tell you more about why you should be afraid.
An endless cycle of regurgitated crap and I for one have had enough. Makes me want
to go out and let my Chevy Silverado run in the cold.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When one thinks of the environment it makes sense not to pollute the area around you.
Be careful and pay attention. As for the broad environmental net it is rubbish at best.
The issue is not longer about the health of the planet. What it is about is money from
the business world. If we convince the people of a problem we can sell them a new
fridge, light bulbs, vehicles, and insulate their homes and charge more for water and
power. From the environmental religious nuts they are selling you on a problem so they
An endless cycle of regurgitated crap and I for one have had enough. Makes me want

Dr. Jekyll has returned.

Sounds EXACTLY like a Republican and Conservative.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver

You tell yourself whatever lies you have to to justify your Silverado.

We have an economic system that reaps trillions upon trillions from the exploitation of natural resources--wood, food, mining, energy, water. And yet you fail to see a monetary motive there.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You tell yourself whatever lies you have to to justify your Silverado.

We have an economic system that reaps trillions upon trillions from the exploitation of natural resources--wood, food, mining, energy, water. And yet you fail to see a monetary motive there.

Well you don't think we do it just for $hits & giggles do you?