Canadian Content is an Eco-Friendly forum

Kreskin
It is important to know that this is not just any forum. It's entirely eco-friendly and 100% carbon neutral. CC bans anyone from posting and fracking at the same time.

So live it up. And if you need a great cup of coffee try the eco-friendly CC latte.

Two magic words make regular coffee taste better, study finds - latimes.com

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Spade
+1
Not so~ One google search uses the same energy as a 60 watt lightbulb burning for 17 seconds. (New York Times)

Dexter Sinister
+7
#3  Top Rated Post
All my posts are done with 100% recycled electrons.

MHz
Can we start sprinkling some of that 'soot' on the snow if it isn't melted by May-long.

spaminator
+2
I've tried to release as much natural gas as possible to help keep our winters as mild as possible.

Spade
+1
Ahhh, you young farts are all alike.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

All my posts are done with 100% recycled electrons.

Yah, but you've got to push them.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Not so~ One google search uses the same energy as a 60 watt lightbulb burning for 17 seconds. (New York Times)

There's a reason I don't let anyone, anywhere, ever, lecture me about the environment while on the internet, or clutching a tablet/laptop/smart phone. Having a hubby in the oil patch was irritating as hell when visiting artsy fartsy enviro types while we lived in Edmonton.

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

There's a reason I don't let anyone, anywhere, ever, lecture me about the environment while on the internet, or clutching a tablet/laptop/smart phone. Having a hubby in the oil patch was irritating as hell when visiting artsy fartsy enviro types while we lived in Edmonton.

Ah, don't worry. Pretty soon it will all be gone and so will the artsy fartsy enviro types. Then you won't have to hear about it any more.

karrie
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Ah, don't worry. Pretty soon it will all be gone and so will the artsy fartsy enviro types. Then you won't have to hear about it any more.

Psh, If we'd be so lucky. I think that particular brand of hypocritical 'holier than thous' will be like cockroaches.

El Barto
+3
CC is not responsible for all the methane produced on the other side of this connection

Blackleaf
A poll shows most Britons are in favour of fracking.

It shows once again how out-of-touch the enviroMentals are and that they don't live in the real world.

DaSleeper
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

CC is not responsible for all the methane produced on the other side of this connection

And it's not counting the bovine feces that we run across while reading......

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

And it's not counting the bovine feces that we run across while reading......

Is that what that smell is?

EagleSmack
+1

Psh, If we'd be so lucky. I think that particular brand of hypocritical 'holier than thous' will be like cockroaches.

Agreed.

I live among them. Massachusetts is full of eco types that demand alternative energy... just not in their backyard.

taxslave

Nothing wrong with having your sweetie in the oil patch doing honest work. Associating with the greenie citiots is what is embarrassing.

damngrumpy
+2
When one thinks of the environment it makes sense not to pollute the area around you.
Be careful and pay attention. As for the broad environmental net it is rubbish at best.
The issue is not longer about the health of the planet. What it is about is money from
the business world. If we convince the people of a problem we can sell them a new
fridge, light bulbs, vehicles, and insulate their homes and charge more for water and
power. From the environmental religious nuts they are selling you on a problem so they
can raise more money to tell you more about why you should be afraid.
An endless cycle of regurgitated crap and I for one have had enough. Makes me want
to go out and let my Chevy Silverado run in the cold.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

When one thinks of the environment it makes sense not to pollute the area around you.
Be careful and pay attention. As for the broad environmental net it is rubbish at best.
The issue is not longer about the health of the planet. What it is about is money from
the business world. If we convince the people of a problem we can sell them a new
fridge, light bulbs, vehicles, and insulate their homes and charge more for water and
power. From the environmental religious nuts they are selling you on a problem so they
An endless cycle of regurgitated crap and I for one have had enough. Makes me want

Dr. Jekyll has returned.

Sounds EXACTLY like a Republican and Conservative.

Zipperfish
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

You tell yourself whatever lies you have to to justify your Silverado.

We have an economic system that reaps trillions upon trillions from the exploitation of natural resources--wood, food, mining, energy, water. And yet you fail to see a monetary motive there.

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperfishView Post

You tell yourself whatever lies you have to to justify your Silverado.

We have an economic system that reaps trillions upon trillions from the exploitation of natural resources--wood, food, mining, energy, water. And yet you fail to see a monetary motive there.

Well you don't think we do it just for $hits & giggles do you?

Goober
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

It shows once again how out-of-touch the enviroMentals are and that they don't live in the real world.

No wonder the women prefer hand cream.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Previous polls and numerous studies enlightening us to the overall average condition of the British citizens mind and body renders their opinions problematic and certainly speaks not at all to the cost benefit analysis of fracking. Now if the poll wanted input about football shorts or the texture of the latest idiot monarchs diaper deliveries then we could certainly consult Britians confidently. The real world is beyond their scope sadly.

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

No wonder the women prefer hand cream.

Nice one!

Sal
+3
I was warned at work the other day about a co-worker returning from mat leave that I had not yet met: "just so you know, she is really green"...great I replied, just so you know I'm not but my footprint is likely smaller than most including hers so I can't wait for her to lecture me". That shut everyone up.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

I was warned at work the other day about a co-worker returning from mat leave that I had not yet met: "just so you know, she is really green"...great I replied, just so you know I'm not but my footprint is likely smaller than most including hers so I can't wait for her to lecture me". That shut everyone up.

Tell her to cut down on her breathing thus lowering CO2 levels. Afterall if the nearly 7 billion people all did this it would make a difference.

Sal
+1

Tell her to cut down on her breathing thus lowering CO2 levels. Afterall if the nearly 7 billion people all did this it would make a difference.

lol... k, I will pass that on...

Goober
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by SalView Post

lol... k, I will pass that on...

Probably dressed to the nines child- slave labor in India - cell phone- rare earths mined by Chinese in conditions that would sicken a person- and all the other bells and whistles- luv them.
The have no idea of reality and what they would have to give up.

taxslave
+3

Probably dressed to the nines child- slave labor in India - cell phone- rare earths mined by Chinese in conditions that would sicken a person- and all the other bells and whistles- luv them.

You mean like take away their jets and suv's

Sal
+1

and therein lies the truth

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

yeah that won't happen but you'd best put that paper in the recycle bin or there will be no end to it...we'll see how that goes

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Like Gore and Suzuki- How many homes does he own. More than 5???

taxslave
+1
We never recycle paper. Recycling does no good for the pulp market. But paper does burn well.