Climate change disasters will now be named after Denier politicians!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Using their methods the unprecedented economic disaster caused by giving trillions of $$$$$ to third world countries and closing our resource industries should be called the Suzuki effect.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Using their methods the unprecedented economic disaster caused by giving trillions of $$$$$ to third world countries and closing our resource industries should be called the Suzuki effect.

I'd agree to that.

Only fair we should be able to go both ways.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I've always stated my position on AGW is that it is scientifically valid but there is disagreement on the scope and efficacy of policy measures that have been put forth.

That's why Suzuki and Gore get flack.

They tend to fear monger and exaggerate.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
What's missing from the AGW debate is that it really has NOTHING to do with climate. It is a utopian philosophy searching for a material framework.. and anything will do. When the Warming part of the thesis collapsed then ANYTHING else would do to validate the proposition.. storms, cold weather.. anything selectively chosen no matter how contextualized and localized the event.

It has two major characteristics.

1. It is founded on the deeply anti-human bias of radical environmentalism.. that sees population as the primary evil and impediment of creating an eco-utopia.. with perhaps 1/10 of the current world population, strictly contained into communities with a minimum of effect on the planet.

It is no accident that the element of 'carbon' was chosen (as fractional as it is in the atmosphere) as the chief culprit of environmental damage, as this is the one element that is at centre of human industrial development, generation of energy, production of food, and sustenance of the current population

2. Has to do with Carbon Credits. Which saw the malicious plague of Global Free Market capitalism cynically take advantage of the disproven AGW hypothesis, one driven by fear and and confusion.. to implement global control of the the world's productive capacity. It is through imposed scarcity.. in famine and de-industrialization.. that huge profits and extortion of sovereign national privilege can be imposed.

It's all a pretty disgusting and contrived construct.. promoted by sickos like Suzuki.. but supported by even more malignant forces looking for profit.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It is no accident that the element of 'carbon' was chosen (as fractional as it is) as the chief culprit of environmental damage, as this is the one element that is at centre of human industrial development, production of energy, production of food, and sustenance of the current population

Carbon is also among the most common of elements on the planet and the basis for life on the planet.

It defies logic as to how this element can be considered a pollutant in any way, shape or form

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Carbon is also among the most common of elements on the planet and the basis for life on the planet.

It defies logic as to how this element can be considered a pollutant in any way, shape or form
Hell has frozen over! I agree with you... don't stop breathing.

Carbon is not the culprit. Industrial pollution, car exhaust, deforestation, industrial agriculture, etc, millions of tons of toxins being dumped into the environment and all they can come with is carbon. We are carbon based units after all.