Another fake hate-tip arsehole

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
This time some attention-seeking broad. Enjoy your attention now bitch.

After a gay server at a New Jersey restaurant said a customer denied her a tip and wrote her a hateful note on the receipt, a local family contacted NBC 4 New York and said their receipt shows they paid a tip and didn't write any such note.

Dayna Morales, a former Marine and a server at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, posted a photo on Facebook earlier this month, showing the bill with a line through the space for a tip. The photo of the receipt showed someone had written, "I'm sorry but I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle."

Morales indicated in her Facebook post, and in subsequent media interviews -- including with NBC 4 New York -- that the customer wrote that line.

But a family contacted NBC 4 New York claiming their receipt from the restaurant shows they did leave a tip, and provided what they said was a credit card statement as proof.

The husband and wife, who asked to remain anonymous, showed NBC 4 New York a receipt that appeared to be printed at the same minute, on the same date, for the same $93.55 total, except with an $18 tip.

They also provided a document they said was a Visa bill, which appears to indicate their card was charged for the meal plus the tip, for a total of $111.55.

The couple told NBC 4 New York that they believed their receipt was used for a hoax. The wife says she is left-handed and could not have made the slash in the tip line, which she said looks to be drawn from the right.

"We've never not left a tip when someone gave good service, and we would never leave a note like that," the wife said.

The husband said he and his wife have both worked in restaurants and believe in the value of tipping, and noted that he didn't vote for Gov. Chris Christie because the governor doesn't support gay marriage.

"Never would a message like that come from us," he said.

more

Family Says They Did Tip Gay Server, Didn't Leave Note | NBC New York

Enough with these 'every fibre of my being' drama whore losers.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Enough with these 'every fibre of my being' drama whore losers.

Yes, their time has come and passed. There can't be anyone out there that still believes it when one of these "incidents" occurs, I know I don't, I'm far too skeptical now.

And if some jerk does do something really hateful to someone in the future, that poor individual is going to be s.o.l. because no one will believe them either.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
that too. ;)

For real. These things are too lucrative, someone posts something online and the pity money comes pouring in. A lawsuit with a substantial judgement might be the only thing that will make someone think twice about pulling something like this.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I don't know but I don't see any other way to give these folks the slap upside the head that they need that will also dissuade the next idiot from trying it.
I'm pretty sure suing wouldn't work. When the complaint gets tossed on a demurrer, the liar (if she is, indeed, a liar) will just feel vindicated.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Fark

Seems the waitress that lied about the anti-gay slur on customer's credit card receipt has a long history of lying, including seeing combat duty in Iraq or Afghanistan

The New Jersey waitress accused of lying about receiving an anti-gay note instead of a tip has a long history of lying and is always in need of “sympathy and empathy,” according to people who know her.

In addition to likely lying about getting anti-gay insults on a recent receipt, Dayna Morales, 22, is also accused of lying about her military service and falsely telling friends that she had brain cancer and that her home was severely damaged by Superstorm Sandy.

“Every story she comes up with has a lie,” coworker Julie Howat told the Journal News.

“Any tragedy that happened, she had to be a part of it. She needed sympathy and empathy,” she added.

A former classmate of Morales’ told the newspaper that you “can’t believe much of what she says.”

In what would certainly be the most egregious lie, Morales allegedly told friends that she somehow managed to survive an explosion that killed her entire platoon in Afghanistan.

A U.S. Marines spokesman confirmed that the waitress served in the Marine Corps Reserve until May 2013, but there was “no indication of combat service in Iraq or Afghanistan.”

Morales failed to “fulfill her reserve obligation,” the spokesman said.

more

Waitress Who Likely Lied About Anti-Gay Note in Lieu of a Tip Is Accused of a Bigger Lie – This One Will Really Tick Off Military Vets | TheBlaze.com

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Does this server broad tell all of her customers, "Hi, I'm Dayna. I'll be your server today and I love playing with girl parts."?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I don't care much about her bedroom activities but these 'war hero' military posers...out and out liars, make me sick.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
American waiters are obsessed with tipping. I've heard rumours that they even chase customers down the street for refusing to tip them.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I figured after the first couple incidents that someone somewhere would fake it and try to cash in on it.

I don't know but I don't see any other way to give these folks the slap upside the head that they need that will also dissuade the next idiot from trying it.

Given where she works I doubt much would be accomplished. It'd cost far more to sue her than what anyone could get out of her.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Thisk if restaurant owners charged the real price for a meal and in good conscience the
customer was prepared to pay the real price for the meal tips would no longer be needed.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Yes I personally would be ready to pay
more for meals and other services. If we all paid the real price for things we would then
understand the real cost of everything and we would not be sucked in by government
programs that don't work, or business deals too good to be true or a whole lot of other
games that are played.
As for this individual. For now she should lose her job, the reason she is not in any mental
state to work and should through the military undergo some serious counseling. I would
rather her lie about this than take some more serious action through violence. Those with
serious unstable feelings should be treated early. Anyone gay or otherwise would not
behave like this unless there were serious issues going on in their head.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I figured after the first couple incidents that someone somewhere would fake it and try to cash in on it.

There have a couple now outed as fakes I think.

Given where she works I doubt much would be accomplished. It'd cost far more to sue her than what anyone could get out of her.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Call it wishful thinking for some justice then. It's not only the specific individuals that she does harm to but also she does harm to the credibility of anyone who comes after who may be an actual victim of discrimination.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's not only the specific individuals that she does harm to but also she does harm to the credibility of anyone who comes after who may be an actual victim of discrimination.

Only to those who over generalize everything - which unfortunately is quite a few people. I'd judge it on a case by case basis. There are good and bad people in every profession.

A priceless tip: "Swim with a buddy".

I got one that said "Look both ways before crossing the street." I got a laugh out of it. That one $0.00 didnt really make much difference to me.