United States Park Emergency plans and temporary openings

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Contingency Plans for Operations in the Absence of Appropriations

I
Public opinion[edit]

Federal employees protest the government shutdown at a rally outside of the Capitol

A Gallup poll released on October 9, found that 28% of Americans had a favorable opinion of the Republican Party, down 10 points from September, and the lowest rating for either party since Gallup started measuring party favorability in 1992. The Democratic Party had a 43% favorable rating, compared with 47% the previous month. President Obama’s job approval was at 44%, about the same as when the shutdown began.[124]
A Gallup poll on the public's job approval of Congress released on October 7 (conducted on Oct. 3–6), showed a near all-time low approval rate on that branch of government at only 11%, a drop from the 19% in September. The poll also revealed the average person's approval rate of their own representative at 44%.[125]
An ABC News/Washington Post poll released on October 7, one week after the shutdown, found that 24% approved of Congressional Republicans' handling of the shutdown while 70% disapprove. For Congressional Democrats, 35% approved and 61% disapproved, while President Obama had a 45% approval and 51% disapproval rating.[126]
A Fox News poll on October 3, blamed Republicans at 42% (25% for 'Republican leaders' and 17% for 'Tea Party'). 32% blamed Democrats (24% for 'President Obama' and 8% for 'Democratic leaders'). The rest, 20%, said all sides are to blame.[127][128]
On the eve of the shutdown, a CNN/ORC poll found that 46% of the country would primarily fault congressional Republicans, 36% of the country would fault Obama, and 13% would fault both equally in the event of a shutdown.[129] General sentiment was against the shutdown, with approximately 6 out of 10 respondents desiring a budget agreement and only 1 out of 3 respondents believing it to be more important to block the implementation of the Affordable Care Act by cutting government funding.[130] Likewise, the predominant attitude towards Congress as a whole was one of strong dissatisfaction as surveyed in the Washington Post-ABC poll released on September 30. While congressional Republicans fared worst in the public eye as compared to Obama or their Democratic colleagues, both parties suffered higher disapproval than approval ratings for their handling of budget negotiations: Democrats by a margin of 34% in approval to 56% in disapproval and Republicans by a margin of 26% approving to 63% disapprovingf you are travelling, the following have been re- opened

Last edited:

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
Most Americans would like to replace all of Congress. Their buffonery is too much to bear. Circus clowns gone wild.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That all looks great on paper doesn't it HB? A flush of the GOP from the House of Representatives in 2014?

Don't be so sure. These GOP members answer to THEIR constituents... not a Gallup poll or the nation at large. They know who is voting for them next November.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
How hard would it be to find volunteers to mow, empty garbage cans and pick up dog sh*t?

It would be easy. There are volunteers all over the Gettysburg Battlefield. I was there this September. But letting volunteers run the place does not allow the Administrations temper tantrum have any effect.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
How hard would it be to find volunteers to mow, empty garbage cans and pick up dog sh*t?

Depends on whether the Rio Grande is in flood stage or not...

Hey, are there border guards keeping La Raza out, or has that been curtailed?
If so, Petros, just hitch up your flatbed and cruise the Arizona border..

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
It would be easy. There are volunteers all over the Gettysburg Battlefield. I was there this September. But letting volunteers run the place does not allow the Administrations temper tantrum have any effect.

Mr. Basil Fawlty of Britain will now run the Artillery demonstrations...
Basil is known to have served in the British Army during the Korean War, possibly as part of his National Service. He claims: "I fought in the Korean War, you know, I killed four men" to which his wife jokingly replies, "He was in the Catering Corps; he used to poison them". He is often seen wearing a military tie, and a military-type moustache. He also claims to have sustained a shrapnel injury to his leg in the Korean War, which has a tendency to flare up at convenient moments - usually when Sybil asks him an awkward question

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Depends on whether the Rio Grande is in flood stage or not...

Hey, are there border guards keeping La Raza out, or has that been curtailed?
If so, Petros, just hitch up your flatbed and cruise the Arizona border..
Viva la reconquistas.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
That all looks great on paper doesn't it HB? A flush of the GOP from the House of Representatives in 2014?

Don't be so sure. These GOP members answer to THEIR constituents... not a Gallup poll or the nation at large. They know who is voting for them next November.

The white Knight riders?