Free Spirit Quits Job

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
This video recently made huge waves across the internet. Applauded and celebrated, her free spirit style and 'stick it to the boss' attitude struck a chord with many who'd love to do the same.

It annoyed the _____ out of me. Especially when she references how she wanted to make one final video, that focused on the content, rather than business metrics. Well, that says a lot hey, given that the 'content' of this video, is her. I can't help viewing this video as a screaming banner for the 'me' mentality that some people really need to shake.

An Interpretive Dance For My Boss Set To Kanye West's Gone - YouTube

Given my opinion of her video career suicide (who wants to risk hiring her and being the brunt of a public shaming down the road, honestly?) you can imagine my smile when I saw this over coffee this morning.

Kudos on a classy reply!

An Interpretive Dance From Next Media Animation Set To Kanye West's Gone - YouTube

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I can certainly give her style point for an original way to quit your job. Other than that yeah, it is quite self-absorbed.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I did a simlar thing when I was younger. Made up a song called "I quit my job" complete with instruments and back-up vox by my buddies and phoned it in. It was a little different because I was working two full-time jobs and only sleeping a few hours a night, so I think I was actually suffering from some kind of lack-of-sleep psychoses.

I don't think it's a generational thing. When you're young, you just don't care as much.