Welcome to The USA // Canada now Speak English!!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's not just the USA.. my ex-wife is from Mexico and working at Costco in Langley, BC and ignorant B!TCH of a customer starts complaining about her accent .. saying she wants to speak to someone who is Canadian..

I forget what she replied, but the lady understood that clearly and made a complaint.. nothing happen.. it's just a typical Costco client, whiny cry babies. Soccer Moms.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012
It's not just the USA.. my ex-wife is from Mexico and working at Costco in Langley, BC and ignorant B!TCH of a customer starts complaining about her accent .. saying she wants to speak to someone who is Canadian..

I forget what she replied, but the lady understood that clearly and made a complaint.. nothing happen.. it's just a typical Costco client, whiny cry babies. Soccer Moms.
I think it depends on how thick the accent. In Walmart in PG there is a man working in the optometry dept who thinks he is speaking English but no one can understand him. Then to top it off he is stupid as a post, so we refuse to deal with that dept if he is the only one there. Walmart doesn't know how much money they have lost because we are not the only ones who go elsewhere when he is the only person working there on the days we happen to be there. On the very rare occasions I have had to call there , if he answers the phone I ask for an English speaker. I make no apology for that because I normally can understand most accents I hear.

Then one day we were in Costco getting our tires changed to winters, another customer there said something top me and I didn't understand her very thick Indian accent, after she repeated it 3 times and I still didn't understand, I just smiled and nodded my head. It is very frustrating when they don't even try.

When we first came to Canada people said they had no problem with my accent or the girls, they said they wanted to pull the words from my husbands mouth and I had to translate for our son. No one says that any more, somehow we all speak Canadian now.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I think it depends on how thick the accent. In Walmart in PG there is a man working in the optometry dept who thinks he is speaking English but no one can understand him. Then to top it off he is stupid as a post, so we refuse to deal with that dept if he is the only one there. Walmart doesn't know how much money they have lost because we are not the only ones who go elsewhere when he is the only person working there on the days we happen to be there. On the very rare occasions I have had to call there , if he answers the phone I ask for an English speaker. I make no apology for that because I normally can understand most accents I hear.

Then one day we were in Costco getting our tires changed to winters, another customer there said something top me and I didn't understand her very thick Indian accent, after she repeated it 3 times and I still didn't understand, I just smiled and nodded my head. It is very frustrating when they don't even try.

When we first came to Canada people said they had no problem with my accent or the girls, they said they wanted to pull the words from my husbands mouth and I had to translate for our son. No one says that any more, somehow we all speak Canadian now.
its also frustrating when you need tech support and don't understand what they are saying. :(