Argentina, Brazil agree on cyber-defense alliance against US espionage

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Published in FP mag about how they were going to reroute traffic- and it will not prevent the US from gathering info.
Neither will this.

tober

Time Out
Aug 6, 2013
Published in FP mag about how they were going to reroute traffic- and it will not prevent the US from gathering info.
Neither will this.

More alliances against America. Sure sucks to be a yank these days.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Yeah, I have a feeling there's going to be some global blowback on this US espionage business. Although I'm sure that the Canadian, Russian, Chinese and every other government are all up to the same thing. The Americans are just operating ona grander scale.

Not that I'm paranoid, but on a realted note, but can't help but notice the recent swell in articles quoting "experts" who say that charging tolls for road use through the use of vehicle GPS units is a great idea. Of course, the information would only be used by the road authorities for charging appropriate tolls. And it's for our own good--authorities would be able to direct us to less congested routes. The fact that the government would know where you are all the time would not be exploited at all, I'm sure.

On the other hand, with all the cameras these days, and the hacking abaility that these agencies have been shown to have, they probably know where we are all the time anyways.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Yeah, I have a feeling there's going to be some global blowback on this US espionage business. Although I'm sure that the Canadian, Russian, Chinese and every other government are all up to the same thing. The Americans are just operating ona grander scale.

... like country's not supporting Obama's attack on Syria..

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I know that during a recent bilateral between David Cameron and Obama, when David returned from a "quick piddle," Obama got caught rifling Cameron's text messages.