Matthew Shepard Actually Killed By Gay Lover Over Meth

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via zip

Matthew Shepard has become a symbol of a killing from homophobia. A new book shows his killing had nothing to do with his being gay, since he was killed by a gay lover. Yet some would still peddle the fiction as it serves their political purpose.

Via Breitbart:
Almost everything you think you know about the Matthew Shepard narrative is false.

Matthew Shepard was the winsome young homosexual in Laramie, Wyoming who in October 1998 was tortured, killed, and left hanging grotesquely from a fence. He was discovered almost a day later and later died in the hospital from his horrific wounds.

On the night of October 6, Shepard met “two strangers” in the Fireside Lounge in Laramie. The two men offered Shepard a ride home but instead drove him to a remote area, robbed him, beat him with pistols, and left him splayed on a fence.
Cops found the bloody gun along with Shepard’s shoes and wallet in the truck of the two men — Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson.

McKinney and Henderson claimed the “gay panic” defense, that they freaked out when Shepard came onto them sexually and killed him in a rage. They made other claims, too, but were convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Keep reading…

No H8? -- Bombshell Book: Matthew Shepard Tortured, Murdered by <em>Gay</em> Lover

Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong? | Advocate.com

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
via zip

Matthew Shepard has become a symbol of a killing from homophobia. A new book shows his killing had nothing to do with his being gay, since he was killed by a gay lover. Yet some would still peddle the fiction as it serves their political purpose.

Via Breitbart:
Almost everything you think you know about the Matthew Shepard narrative is false.

Matthew Shepard was the winsome young homosexual in Laramie, Wyoming who in October 1998 was tortured, killed, and left hanging grotesquely from a fence. He was discovered almost a day later and later died in the hospital from his horrific wounds.

On the night of October 6, Shepard met “two strangers” in the Fireside Lounge in Laramie. The two men offered Shepard a ride home but instead drove him to a remote area, robbed him, beat him with pistols, and left him splayed on a fence.
Cops found the bloody gun along with Shepard’s shoes and wallet in the truck of the two men — Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson.

McKinney and Henderson claimed the “gay panic” defense, that they freaked out when Shepard came onto them sexually and killed him in a rage. They made other claims, too, but were convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Keep reading…

No H8? -- Bombshell Book: Matthew Shepard Tortured, Murdered by <em>Gay</em> Lover

Have We Got Matthew Shepard All Wrong? | Advocate.com

As commented by "Archie Bunker" in the first link:

The Forces of Evil never let FACTS get in the way
And from the article:

According to The Advocate, one of the premier gay publications in the country, Jiminez “amassed enough anecdotal evidence to build a persuasive case that Shepard’s sexuality was, if not incidental, certain less central than popular consensus had lead us to believe."
Anecdotal evidence now equates to fact. Hmmm, good to know.

Do I think that (some in the) LGBT community have glorified Matthew Shepard, the man, to more than what he actually was in life? Sure, I can buy that. We have a tendency to glorify the dead no matter what the circumstances of their death.

I'll still take a court of law over anecdotal evidence any day of the week.

And though I've said this before, it bears repeating, I am not a fan of hate crime laws. They can be too easily abused, in my opinion. Matthew Shepard was murdered, that was the crime.

Was it fueled by hate, according to what I understand from the trial, yes it was.

If anyone can present other evidence and subject it to the same kinds of tests and procedures that evidence must be subjected to at trial, then it will be something to consider. Until then, it remains conjecture.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
As commented by "Archie Bunker" in the first link:

And from the article:

Anecdotal evidence now equates to fact. Hmmm, good to know.

Do I think that (some in the) LGBT community have glorified Matthew Shepard, the man, to more than what he actually was in life? Sure, I can buy that. We have a tendency to glorify the dead no matter what the circumstances of their death.

I'll still take a court of law over anecdotal evidence any day of the week.

And though I've said this before, it bears repeating, I am not a fan of hate crime laws. They can be too easily abused, in my opinion. Matthew Shepard was murdered, that was the crime.

Was it fueled by hate, according to what I understand from the trial, yes it was.

If anyone can present other evidence and subject it to the same kinds of tests and procedures that evidence must be subjected to at trial, then it will be something to consider. Until then, it remains conjecture.

Think of it from the perspective of the accused/convicted.

Being jailed for the murder of the guy based on being homophobic.... OR, being jailed for the murder of the guy based on a narcotics related event.

I'm willing to bet the the lawyer for the accused suggested that they omit the narcotics thingy as it would establish some kind of pre-meditation and stick to the "I'm a redneck homophobe"

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Being jailed for the murder of the guy based on being homophobic.... OR, being jailed for the murder of the guy based on a narcotics related event.

I'm willing to bet the the lawyer for the accused suggested that they omit the narcotics thingy as it would establish some kind of pre-meditation and stick to the "I'm a redneck homophobe"

It is also just as plausible that this author is omitting things from all his anecdotal evidence because it makes for a more provocative, controversial book too. And provocative, controversial books are more likely to equate with more book sales.

I wasn't there, none of us were, but there are two things I know without speculation of any kind.

1. The evidence as presented at trial was sufficient to convict on the basis of the charges brought.

2. Every single one of us filters 'information' and places value on the validity of it based on our own personal system of values and morals.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard

THAT makes a lot of sense. Green flag CM's post, folks. Nice dodge to have when they eventually come up for parole. ...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It is also just as plausible that this author is omitting things from all his anecdotal evidence because it makes for a more provocative, controversial book too. And provocative, controversial books are more likely to equate with more book sales.

I wasn't there, none of us were, but there are two things I know without speculation of any kind.

1. The evidence as presented at trial was sufficient to convict on the basis of the charges brought.

2. Every single one of us filters 'information' and places value on the validity of it based on our own personal system of values and morals.

Not a legal expert, you understand, but it would seem to me that the author and the publisher would be taking a heinous risk in making such damning statements about the deceased. I wonder if the estate and/or Sheppard's family wouldn't be justified in filing a lawsuit if the allegations were nothing more than mere speculation.

I can't see either entity putting themselves in the line of fire unless they had something tangible to back it up

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
THAT makes a lot of sense. Green flag CM's post, folks. Nice dodge to have when they eventually come up for parole. ...

Actually he makes a valid enough point on the plausibility aspect of it.

Please do not turn this into yet another thread filled with nothing but member bashing....this happens to be something I personally find to be a very serious subject matter and it deserves better quite frankly.

Not a legal expert, you understand, but it would seem to me that the author and the publisher would be taking a heinous risk in making such damning statements about the deceased. I wonder if the estate and/or Sheppard's family wouldn't be justified in filing a lawsuit if the allegations were nothing more than mere speculation.

I can't see either entity putting themselves in the line of fire unless they had something tangible to back it up

I don't know about the legal aspects in that regard either. Hell it is America, the land of lawsuits after all, I don't think justification is actually necessary to file a lawsuit, lol.

From my understanding he's basically interviewed people and essentially he's compiling their narratives to support his theories. What I'm trying to do is compare how that would equate to a court of law. From my point of view that would equate to 'circumstantial evidence' but, as I pointed out earlier, there still are evidentiary tests that need to be performed before any evidence can be presented in open court. I'm not speaking to the soundness of these tests nor to whether all evidence, circumstantial or otherwise, that is presented in a court room is 'absolute unequivocal' truth. But there are still parameters, rules etc. What is being presented in a book by an author has none. That's not saying that he's completely or even partially wrong with anything he's putting forth but how I would assess the validity of his argument needs to be based more than just upon my speculation as to why he may be right or even why he may be wrong.

And I'm trying to be as objective as I can be when contemplating what he's putting forward too. To be honest, even the notion that someone may be looking to profit/make a name for himself, whatever, off of this crime turns my stomach.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Actually he makes a valid enough point on the plausibility aspect of it.

Please do not turn this into yet another thread filled with nothing but member bashing....this happens to be something I personally find to be a very serious subject matter and it deserves better quite frankly.

Actually, I was praising his insight. CM and I don't always agree on things.
I have always found homophobia rather - strange. In my younger years I got the occasional of pick up offers. I just laughed them off.

It is rather a week end for member bashing - but its also a full moon out there, SLM

Don't seem to get those pickup offers any more...hmmmmm

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I have always found homophobia rather - strange. In my younger years I got the occasional of pick up offers. I just laughed them off.

It is rather a week end for member bashing - but its also a full moon out there, SLM

Nobody on either side of the fence seems to want to pick up fat middle aged bald guys. LOL

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Uh huh. Look, I am the Queen of Sarcasm in the black font, I know it when I see it. ;)

Full moon or not, I honestly do not give a damn when members take pot shots at one another. Hell I've taken more than a few myself.

But this topic by it's very nature is surely controversial enough to beget some very heated posts without the need to resort to cheap shots of any kind. So while I in no way represent the admin or mods on this site, I am respectfully requesting that the members with more sense exercise a little self control on that front.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

[/I]

Wasnt the death penalty on the table for this case? If so adding drugs and premeditation to it almost certainly would have guaranteed a death sentence for at least one of the two. Either way, an act of homophobia or a drug related murder doesn't change much. The kid still died a very slow and painful death needlessly.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
However, if the two who have been convicted actually are either bi or homosexual, it would turn the case for them from a situational response into something much, much, different especially when probation comes up.

IF this is a possible/probable truth, even those foundations set up in his name could benefit from knowing if the truth has been skewed for defense purposes.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
"The purpose of the book is not to say hate wasn’t involved; it’s to examine the complex human factors that resulted in such a grotesque murder, and how that murder was reported and perceived. Once they read the book, some readers might still conclude the crime was motivated by hate – but not of the “gay panic” variety that we have come to associate with Matthew’s murder."

Stephen Jimenez

more/video interview

The Role Of Meth In Matthew Shepard’s Murder « The Dish

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
No wonder “More than half of Democrats, according to a neutral survey, said they believed Bush was complicit in the 9/11 terror attacks,” according to JournoList member Ben Smith. From the cause of the Kennedy assassination to their fever swamp fantasies regarding presidents Nixon and Reagan to their multiple conspiracy theories of the 1990s, the left had been taking national news stories and overlaying on them their most lurid thoughts about the right.

The template the left uses to take already horrific incidents such as the Giffords shooting (in which a judge appointed by Republican George H.W. Bush was killed), Travyon Martin’s attempt to bash in George Zimmerman’s skull (which might also involve homophobia, according to Martin’s associate Rachel Jeantel on CNN), and the killing of Matthew Shepard and turn the amps up to 11 to politicize them is fairly predictable. Also predictable is that it won’t be too long before another crime is politicized by the left to score cheap points. And while the right has talk radio, Fox, and the Blogosphere, the left still has a much, much louder megaphone, including both the “news” media and pop culture.

The next sucker punch is surely coming. How does the right fight back?

more

Ed Driscoll » ‘Almost Everything You Think You Know About the Matthew Shepard Narrative is False’

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
Adoph Hitler: Drug use:
Medicating a Madman: A Sober Look at Hitler's Health - SPIEGEL ONLINE

This fragmentary list of representative ingredients would have seemed somewhat less shocking during the 1940s: amphetamines, Atropa belladonna, Atropine, caffeine, chamolile, cocaine via eyedrops, E. Coli, enzymes, Eukodol (a trade name for Oxycodone), Glyconorm, Mutaflor, methamphetamine, morphine, strychnine, Oxedrine Tartrate, potassium bromide, Prophenazone, proteins, and lipids derived from animal tissues and fats, sodium barbitone, sulfonamide, testosterone, and vitamins.

Pills after 1935, mainlined by 1941...

Last edited: