Last Moments of Persons’ Life Caught on Camera?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Last Moments of Persons’ Life Caught on Camera?

After a families day out capturing pictures of buildings and sights the photographer noticed something strange in one of the photos, it seems he’s captured the last moments of a persons’ life as it looks like someone has jumped or fallen off of the bridge in China.

The photo has been handed into the appropriate people and is currently being looked into. See Below

source: Last Moments of Persons’ Life Caught on Camera? (PHOTO) | Bolted Media

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Would that person land on water or pavement? With water one might have a chance but I don't think pavement is very forgiving...

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
if I had taken that picture it would have done me in

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
if I had taken that picture it would have done me in

It would have caused a lot of problems for me too I imagine. I did watch one of those Iraqi beheading videos about ten years ago and just seeing a blurry heavily pixelated video of it had a major effect on me. Watching a person actually die is totally different from seeing it in the movies or on tv. I saw the video of Saddam Hussein's execution as well. That bothered me a bit but not much compared to the beheading. Between those incidents and the many hours of video from 9/11 Ive become pretty jaded with violence in movies. Before I saw all of that I was easily bothered by movie violence or gore. Now no matter how bad it is in a movie it does nothing to me because I always think "fake" during. The real thing is usually a lot different.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It was a couple, a suicide pact.

There are many sites with images and videos such as this.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It was a couple, a suicide pact.

There are many sites with images and videos such as this.

My former room mate did a few papers on them. He told me about the type of things on there and what people say in the comments sections. Truly sickening stuff.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It would have caused a lot of problems for me too I imagine. I did watch one of those Iraqi beheading videos about ten years ago and just seeing a blurry heavily pixelated video of it had a major effect on me. Watching a person actually die is totally different from seeing it in the movies or on tv. I saw the video of Saddam Hussein's execution as well. That bothered me a bit but not much compared to the beheading. Between those incidents and the many hours of video from 9/11 Ive become pretty jaded with violence in movies. Before I saw all of that I was easily bothered by movie violence or gore. Now no matter how bad it is in a movie it does nothing to me because I always think "fake" during. The real thing is usually a lot different.
wow, you brought back a memory from so many years ago...your analysis is right on for me too...I would have been mid twenties and news was very tame compared to today. It was the evening news and it showed reporters in a van approach a border. They hauled the one reporter out of the van while the others filmed the interaction. They made him kneel on the ground with his hands stretched out to either side and it went on for what seemed like forever but was likely half a minute and then they blew his head off. I remember turning to my girlfriend and asking: was the real, is that guy dead? I think he is she said.
It was the first time I had seen a person die and it haunted me for years and years.

Now I am accustomed to it and it bothers me, but it doesn't decimate me like it did that first time.

To accidentally catch someone on camera falling to their death while doing a day of sight seeing...yeah, it would bother me...a lot.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Would that person land on water or pavement? With water one might have a chance but I don't think pavement is very forgiving...

Seems awfully high, so even if over water I don't think there's that much of a chance.

To accidentally catch someone on camera falling to their death while doing a day of sight seeing...yeah, it would bother me...a lot.

I can recall being in Niagra Falls a few years back and driving down the Parkway downriver from the falls with my sister in law. We saw there was a small group of people lined up on the river side peering over the side, then drove further down...more people, a little further down we saw police officers...and we kind of mused out loud "huh wonder what's going on?" seconds before it dawned on us that we really didn't want to know! That alone was enough to give me shivers. I think because it 'interferes' with what was otherwise a relatively normal day. Didn't even need to see anything, just the realization of what had probably gone on was enough.

If it were me catching someone falling to their death on camera, I would probably loose it completely.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I remember turning to my girlfriend and asking: was the real, is that guy dead? I think he is she said.
It was the first time I had seen a person die and it haunted me for years and years.

Now I am accustomed to it and it bothers me, but it doesn't decimate me like it did that first time.

It is really surprising. Ive seen something similar to that before as well. Even the gun shot sounds totally different. Its a little pop you barely hear, not the loud bang thats in movies. The way the blood flows and the amount of it is totally different as well. Things like this in pictures or video news stories is having less and less of an effect on me. That bothers me in a way. I dont like the idea of eventually getting to the point where I feel nothing when someone dies. It may be different in person, I hope never to find out.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Seems awfully high, so even if over water I don't think there's that much of a chance.

I can recall being in Niagra Falls a few years back and driving down the Parkway downriver from the falls with my sister in law. We saw there was a small group of people lined up on the river side peering over the side, then drove further down...more people, a little further down we saw police officers...and we kind of mused out loud "huh wonder what's going on?" seconds before it dawned on us that we really didn't want to know! That alone was enough to give me shivers. I think because it 'interferes' with what was otherwise a relatively normal day. Didn't even need to see anything, just the realization of what had probably gone on was enough.

If it were me catching someone falling to their death on camera, I would probably loose it completely.
For me it would keep spinning through my head. that reporter spun through my head over and over and over... was he terrified? what were the other reporters feeling, why would someone do that, how could that be on tv...I have never forgotten it was the first time I knew I was witnessing death

and I have to say, it should affect a human being that way...it should, or there is something wrong with them

It is really surprising. Ive seen something similar to that before as well. Even the gun shot sounds totally different. Its a little pop you barely hear, not the loud bang thats in movies. The way the blood flows and the amount of it is totally different as well. Things like this in pictures or video news stories is having less and less of an effect on me. That bothers me in a way. I dont like the idea of eventually getting to the point where I feel nothing when someone dies. It may be different in person, I hope never to find out.
oh my gawd reading that was weird because inside I was going, yeah a soft little pop...and then I read it...just a tiny pop, and they are dead....and it is hard for the brain to process...one moment alive...then... a little pop, and it's over from just such a little pop... and your brain, goes over and over and over it...because it was just a soft little pop.

I don't EVer want to witness a shooting in person... ever... never... I sure hope not.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
For me it would keep spinning through my head. that reporter spun through my head over and over and over... was he terrified? what were the other reporters feeling, why would someone do that, how could that be on tv...I have never forgotten it was the first time I knew I was witnessing death

and I have to say, it should affect a human being that way...it should, or there is something wrong with them

Its a part of life. People should see it at some point. Hiding and pretending it never happens just doesnt seem right. Even with natural deaths people do everything they can to distance themselves from it. Putting the elderly in nursing homes, or isolate the dying in hospitals.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

I think it's surreal when we see violence in real life, even when comparing it with seeing real violence on television. Maybe because we compartmentalize? We know violence occurs but we (most of us anyway) don't see much of it in our day to day lives, so it's out of place when we do see it.

I recall being at the Rideau Centre a long, long time ago walking towards the food court and came across this crowd outside of Michel's Baguette. There was a woman in the middle lying on her stomach on the floor with this black thing sticking out of her back. I don't know how long I looked at it before I actually wrapped my head around the fact that it was a knife. My eyes knew what I was seeing but my brain just wasn't accepting it. (She'd apparently been stabbed by a homeless man and I do recall hearing on the news that she was okay.) It was absolutely surreal.

Absolutely we should, I can't imagine how dark a person's world would have to be to not be affected by that.

Its a part of life. People should see it at some point. Hiding and pretending it never happens just doesnt seem right. Even with natural deaths people do everything they can to distance themselves from it. Putting the elderly in nursing homes, or isolate the dying in hospitals.

Natural death is very different from violent death though, although even natural death can be horrific.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

This is maybe a little different but....

I was with my grandfather when he took his last breathe and I am so happy I was there for him. I was able to say goodbye to him and felt comforted by that. I wasn't there for my grandmother (who died suddenly) and the grieving for her was much harder and longer; not so for grandpa.

I don't know that I could take a death under any other circumstances; specifically the TV reporter. I'm glad I didn't see it as I'm sure it would haunt me forever. It's barbaric and truly evil. I'm thinking that's why so many of our military members suffer from PTSD - how can anyone with a conscience see stuff like that and not have it affect them?

JMO

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Jumping from a great height onto water is not much different to jumping from a great height onto concrete.

I've looked at lots of internet pictures of some of those people who jumped and fell from the World Trade Center on 9/11. They didn't look very pretty after they'd hit the tarmac.

That reminds me.

When Britain was the world's economic and manufacturing powerhouse producing more than half of the world's coal, iron, cotton cloth and other products, my town of Bolton was, like many other towns in the North of England, a cotton town. It had, like the other cotton towns of the North of England, huge cotton mills dotted around it which spun cotton into cotton cloth. These mills would have operated 24/7 and would have been extremely noisy both inside and outside. Some of these mills survive to this day.

Literally just a few hundred yards from my home is Swan Lane Mill. Built between 1903 and 1906 it was the world's largest cotton mill, and is approximately a million square feet in size. It is in fact two humongous buildings, each five storeys high, a symbol of Britain's then mighty manufacturing prowess. In fact, it was the last mill in Bolton to spin cotton, and did so until as recently as 2001.

Swan Lane Mill in 1994

In June 2007 a steeplejack from Blackburn named John Alty, aged 40, fell to his death from the top of Swan Lane mill's 300ft chimney (which has a big white swan painted on its size). He and a colleague had been repairing brickwork at the top of the chimney when the scaffolding they were on collapsed. The dead man's colleague narrowly escaped death himself by clinging to a ladder on the outside of the chimney.

You can see this factory and the chimney from the living room window and one of the bedroom windows of my parents' home and I remember seeing the two men walking around near the top of the chimney just before one of them fell to his death.

Last edited:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I recall being at the Rideau Centre a long, long time ago walking towards the food court and came across this crowd outside of Michel's Baguette. There was a woman in the middle lying on her stomach on the floor with this black thing sticking out of her back. I don't know how long I looked at it before I actually wrapped my head around the fact that it was a knife. My eyes knew what I was seeing but my brain just wasn't accepting it. (She'd apparently been stabbed by a homeless man and I do recall hearing on the news that she was okay.) It was absolutely surreal.

There was a murder on Rideau about two years ago. Across the street from the Bytowne. I walked by not that long after it happened. It was cordoned off and the body was gone but there was a big pool of blood on the sidewalk. It was a bit surreal looking there and knowing that someone died there only a few hours earlier. So far as I know they never caught the killer.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There was a murder on Rideau about two years ago. Across the street from the Bytowne. I walked by not that long after it happened. It was cordoned off and the body was gone but there was a big pool of blood on the sidewalk. It was a bit surreal looking there and knowing that someone died there only a few hours earlier. So far as I know they never caught the killer.

I think I remember my son telling me about that, he used to work in the downtown area (little north of Byward Market I think).