Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Wow... she does have problems.

Yeah she does. I think it's kind of sad to be truthful. I only know who she is because when she was a child star my daughter was of the age to watch her, she had some kind of Variety/Comedy Show on Family Channel (variety along the line of the old Carol Burnett Show but for kids). To be honest, she was actually pretty entertaining.

She's basically on lock down being force fed her meds, I don't think it gets much more serious than that.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yeah she does. I think it's kind of sad to be truthful. I only know who she is because when she was a child star my daughter was of the age to watch her, she had some kind of Variety/Comedy Show on Family Channel (variety along the line of the old Carol Burnett Show but for kids). To be honest, she was actually pretty entertaining.

She's basically on lock down being force fed her meds, I don't think it gets much more serious than that.

I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. My kids watched her too and they (because they were boys) hated girls. They watched her show all the time and I found myself watching as well. She was hilarious.

I thought she was the next Jenny McCarthy who used to make me p*** my pants laughing at her skits when she had a show.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I don't think this is just a typical weird child star meltdown, I think she has a serious mental illness.

Amanda Bynes hides under blanket as she transfers to UCLA Medical Center to continue psychiatric treatment* - NY Daily News

Apparently she's been in and out of psychiatric institutions and was recently placed under conservatorship due to mental illness, which is more than likely schizophrenia.
wow, they responded this quickly with help, that is unusual, don't they ususally wait until they almost kill themselves or someone else or end up in jail a bizillion times

schizophrenia is very hard to treat and a terrible terrible disease to have to cope with

I hope things work out for her

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. My kids watched her too and they (because they were boys) hated girls. They watched her show all the time and I found myself watching as well. She was hilarious.

I thought she was the next Jenny McCarthy who used to make me p*** my pants laughing at her skits when she had a show.

Yep, one of those rare programs that the kids liked that we didn't completely cringe at the thought of having to sit through and possibly even liked occasionally, (shh don't tell anyone).

Lol.

I do remember being really quite impressed with her, she seemed so mature and together. I remember she used to take audience questions that you could tell weren't 'plants'. She was really smooth off the cuff in answering them, funny and smart. I was really shocked when my daughter first told me about the problems she was having.