UK Children get police warning letters for ‘intimidating’ and ‘antisocial’ behaviour

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
because they played outside

Children as young as three have been sent warning letters from police for playing outside their homes – raising fears of antisocial behaviour penalties.

One girl’s parents were shocked to hear their neighbours had complained about ‘intimidating behaviour’.

Caidence Leadbetter, three, appeared to have been accused of antisocial behaviour while playing outside her house in an official letter sent to her startled parents.

Children get police warning for 'intimidating' and 'antisocial' behaviour because they played outside | Metro News

Excuse me a moment...BLACKLEAF!...a word if you please.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
They all look like little hellions to me. They need a damn good finger wagging. Tut, tut, and all that rot!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The world has gone mad, and we like the frog in water feel it getting hotter yet
we sit in the pot and watch them stir. It is time someone told they to go * well
you know the rest of the sentence

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
He described ‘minor damage to trees and trampling of plants underfoot’ by ‘large groups of children’ as ‘slightly intimidating to elderly neighbours’ and said the council would be informed about any subsequent damage.
West Midlands Police has moved to reassure parents their young children would not face Asbos.

It's the press AGAIN making a mountain out of a mole hill due to a misleading headline: it's not for playing outside, it's for damaging property and this kind of action I believe is a direct result of isolation, being less connected and taking less personal responsibility for problem solving.

Oft times now, people do not know their neighbours nor do they interact with them.

In my day someone would either have yelled out the widow to get the fuk out of the garden or they would have raced outside and hauled your a ss out. Then my mum would have freaked out on me and been all disappointed that I had not shown the common sense of an idiot. Then I would have felt humiliated and embarrassed and aware that it was stupid or mean or unnecessary or whatEVER and that I had not shown the common sense of an idiot.

It would not have been a big deal (like when we almost burned the garage down playing with matches...that was a bit of a deal but the neighbour saw the two foot flames and threw a bucket of water on it) Like that see...involvement.

Consequences of not being able to work issues out on a rational basis with another human being.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Another lead/tag/story

Parents of girls aged three, four and seven given 'intimidating' police letter for playing outside

• Parents of Isabel Cox, seven, and her sister Ellie-Louise Cox, four, were sent letters from police
  • Mother of three-year-old Caidence Leadbetter also issued with a warning
  • Letters were sent from PCSO from Solihull Police in West Midlands
  • Parents thought elderly neighbours enjoyed listening to the children play

Parents of girls aged three, four and seven given 'intimidating' police letter for playing outside | Mail Online

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Bring back the cane.
I don't remember my parents hitting me, maybe a slap on the leg as I passed but they were far ahead of their time...if one is aware of the psychological stages of each age then one can reason at that level...kids get it, they don't need to be belted they need to be humanized.

Another lead/tag/story

Parents of girls aged three, four and seven given 'intimidating' police letter for playing outside

• Parents of Isabel Cox, seven, and her sister Ellie-Louise Cox, four, were sent letters from police
  • Mother of three-year-old Caidence Leadbetter also issued with a warning
  • Letters were sent from PCSO from Solihull Police in West Midlands
  • Parents thought elderly neighbours enjoyed listening to the children play

Parents of girls aged three, four and seven given 'intimidating' police letter for playing outside | Mail Online
um, what am I missing here Loc, the quote I took and placed above was from this specific article?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I don't remember my parents hitting me, maybe a slap on the leg as I passed but they were far ahead of their time...if one is aware of the psychological stages of each age then one can reason at that level...kids get it, they don't need to be belted they need to be humanized.

um, what am I missing here Loc, the quote I took and placed above was from this specific article?

Nothing Sal. Just a little longer story on the letters passed around the neighborhood by police. I think it's stupid.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
kids get it, they don't need to be belted they need to be humanized.

They obviously don't get it, do they? That's why many of them are troublesome little tykes nowadays, and continue to be troublesome little tykes because they know that in these days of liberal left-wing do-gooders like you telling us that we shouldn't discipline children but we should instead "humanise" and "empathise" with them, or some other claptrap which doesn't work, the children just carry on causing trouble because they know nothing will happen to them.

It wasn't like this in the old days. In the old days, in Britain at least, cops used to give children a smack around the ear if they got caught misbehaving in the street, and then they marched them home to their parents where their father would them bend them over his knee and whack them hard across the buttocks with his slipper. They also daren't mess in school, because they were soon frogmarched to the headmaster's office and given several painful whacks across their bare buttocks with a cane ensuring they weren't able to sit down for the next week. In both instances the children thought twice about being troublesome again.

Now, as a result of Western countries being run by soppy liberal do-gooders since the Sixties, any teacher or parents who whacks their grotty little tyke immediately ends up in court, whilst the kid gets away with it, and the kids carry on being disobedient to authority - to their parents, their teachers and the police - because they know they'll get away with it.

And you look at a lot of our kids nowadays and you see what tramps they are. In British schools kids wear uniform. In the old days they always looked smart because teachers made sure they looked smart. Now you see schoolkids with their ties not fastened properly and their shirts hanging out. Schoolgirls now look like tarts. They go into school plastered with makeup, mascara and lipstick and wearing school skirts up to their nostrils. A new documentary series showing life in a Yorkshire school shows this. The schoolgirls in there look like prostitutes, and one girl didn't concentrate in class because she kept complaining that her mascara was running. It defeats the whole idea of wearing school uniform. When I was at school nobody was allowed to wear makeup.

Getting rid of corporal punishment in our schools in 1987 was a big mistake. It's time to bring it back and start instilling some discipline into kids again, because our ruling liberals are ensuring that they aren't disciplined and that's why kids are so unruly nowadays.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
They obviously don't get it, do they? That's why many of them are troublesome little tykes nowadays, and continue to be troublesome little tykes because they know that in these days of liberal left-wing do-gooders like you telling us that we shouldn't discipline children but we should instead "humanise" and "empathise" with them, or some other claptrap which doesn't work, the children just carry on causing trouble because they know nothing will happen to them.
Yes kids do get it. They like to cooperate and please when they are raised correctly. My mum never raised her hand to me. If you know what you are doing with kids, and that means understanding the individual nature of each of your children, then you discipline accordingly.

It wasn't like this in the old days. In the old days, in Britain at least, cops used to give children a smack around the ear if they got caught misbehaving in the street, and then they marched them home to their parents where their father would them bend them over his knee and whack them hard across the buttocks with his slipper. They also daren't mess in school, because they were soon frogmarched to the headmaster's office and given several painful whacks across their bare buttocks with a cane ensuring they weren't able to sit down for the next week. In both instances the children thought twice about being troublesome again.
No they didn't they figured out how to be more sneaky and not get caught.

Now, as a result of Western countries being run by soppy liberal do-gooders since the Sixties, any teacher or parents who whacks their grotty little tyke immediately ends up in court, whilst the kid gets away with it, and the kids carry on being disobedient to authority - to their parents, their teachers and the police - because they know they'll get away with it.

And you look at a lot of our kids nowadays and you see what tramps they are. In British schools kids wear uniform. In the old days they always looked smart because teachers made sure they looked smart. Now you see schoolkids with their ties not fastened properly and their shirts hanging out. Schoolgirls now look like tarts. They go into school plastered with makeup, mascara and lipstick and wearing school skirts up to their nostrils. A new documentary series showing life in a Yorkshire school shows this. The schoolgirls in there look like prostitutes, and one girl didn't concentrate in class because she kept complaining that her mascara was running. It defeats the whole idea of wearing school uniform. When I was at school nobody was allowed to wear makeup.

Getting rid of corporal punishment in our schools in 1987 was a big mistake. It's time to bring it back and start instilling some discipline into kids again, because our ruling liberals are ensuring that they aren't disciplined and that's why kids are so unruly nowadays.
It has nothing to do with political parties or leanings. It is human nature. And that means old people whining about young people. Because we are a different species and we were so awsome growing up and having to undergo such a rough upbringing and we did such a wonderful job of making the world a loving and peace filled place that we are sure the next generation will destroy all of our hard work. :lol:

"The children now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority, they show disrespect to their elders.... They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and are tyrants over their teachers."

"The young people of today think of nothing but themselves. They have no reverence for parents or old age. They are impatient of all restraint. They talk as if they alone knew everything and what passes for wisdom with us is foolishness with them. As for girls, they are forward, immodest and unwomanly in speech, behaviour and dress."
(Socrates)

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint" (Hesiod, 8th century BC).

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Here's a letter to my local newspaper, The Bolton News:

Feral children in school have no fear

Friday 16th August 2013 in Letters

IN response to a recent letter commenting on the appalling behaviour of many pupils in schools today, including assaults on teachers, abusive behaviour and numerous other examples of bad behaviour. I can perhaps shed some light on this.

Apart from the destruction of the grammar schools and the introduction of comprehensives, another major step backwards in education occurred when the House of Commons voted, by the narrowest of margins, to abolish corporal punishment in schools.

Under no circumstances could they be caned or rapped on the knuckles, even if they were terrorising their classmates or even assaulting their teachers. Those who favoured the ban assured us that caning produced more violent children.

Since the ban, violence in schools has multiplied, and youth delinquency increased sharply, as most sensible people predicted it would. The streets are now roamed by feral youths who have never hesitated from misconduct for fear of being caned.

They have never feared an adult, or been shamed into better conduct.

But it is too late now, the left wing culture has been too ingrained in the teaching profession.

Nowadays teachers dare not even lay a finger on a child, even for the best of reasons, and it is the children who suffer from this misguided law.

David James, Bolton

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/comm...618244.Feral_children_in_school_have_no_fear/

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
... neighbours had complained about ‘intimidating behaviour’.

In the article, it says the neighbors were old folk, which is odd, because normally old folk are the best at dealing with kids.

Caidence Leadbetter, three, appeared to have been accused of antisocial behaviour while playing outside her house in an official letter sent to her startled parents.
Gosh golly gee... history was made when a three year-old stomped on a flower bed. :roll:

*Sigh*... All it's saying to me is the neighborhood doesn't have a play-ground.

Since the ban (on caneing), violence in schools has multiplied, and youth delinquency increased sharply, as most sensible people predicted it would. The streets are now roamed by feral youths who have never hesitated from misconduct for fear of being caned.

Why not bring back stockades?

Technically, you're not "hurting" them like with a strap, and they might learn some respect for adults, because grownups would be the only thing between them and the tyrany of their fellow classmates.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Nothing like beating the crap out of a kid on a regular basis to keep him on the straight and narrow.
Yessiree - bring back the Pillory for the Adults as well.
Why veggie sales would skyrocket.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Why not bring back stockades?

Bring back the cane. And for girls, too.

Nothing like beating the crap out of a kid on a regular basis to keep him on the straight and narrow.
Yessiree - bring back the Pillory for the Adults as well.
Why veggie sales would skyrocket.

It's people like you that are the reason why kids today are unruly little brats who have no respect for those in authority, like their parents, their teachers and the police.

It's you lot who have caused this problem in society.