Oxford university union debates on Islam

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Well, I have of late, started to side with the Islamophobes until today when i had the privilege to watch this debate.

For almost 200 years, the Oxford Union has been hosting some of the most stimulating and controversial debates in the world. Watch as journalist Mehdi Hasan enters this hallowed hall and delivers a rollicking defense of the proposition "Islam Is a Peaceful Religion." It's a bit long, but I guarantee that you'll be glued to your seat as soon as you press "play."

Surferjoe's Oasis In The Desert: A Totally Mesmerizing, Insanely Eloquent Defense Of Islam That Your Brain Will Thank You For : Mehdi Hasan | Islam Is A Peaceful Religion

Enjoy!

SPOILER ALERT: Hasan's side won the debate 286-168.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Well, I have of late, started to side with the Islamophobes until today when i had the privilege to watch this debate.

For almost 200 years, the Oxford Union has been hosting some of the most stimulating and controversial debates in the world. Watch as journalist Mehdi Hasan enters this hallowed hall and delivers a rollicking defense of the proposition "Islam Is a Peaceful Religion." It's a bit long, but I guarantee that you'll be glued to your seat as soon as you press "play."

Surferjoe's Oasis In The Desert: A Totally Mesmerizing, Insanely Eloquent Defense Of Islam That Your Brain Will Thank You For : Mehdi Hasan | Islam Is A Peaceful Religion

Enjoy!

SPOILER ALERT: Hasan's side won the debate 286-168.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/hot-topics/117080-oxford-debate-islam-religion-peace.html

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Islam is a peaceful religion - until you make a joke about it.