Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I've never taught my kids to avoid strangers. It's not 'my biggest fear', it doesn't weigh on my mind every day. It's statistically rare.

My kids talk often with strangers, and if I was at a park with them, would rightly assume that I see any dangers, and see where they're going.

But, that doesn't make good tv.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I've never taught my kids to avoid strangers. It's not 'my biggest fear', it doesn't weigh on my mind every day. It's statistically rare.

My kids talk often with strangers, and if I was at a park with them, would rightly assume that I see any dangers, and see where they're going.

You sound like a great Mom, but there are plenty of sick people... that look and fit into society.

I don't have kids.. just a Nephew and Niece and if anyone hurt them.. it would be lights out for that person.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

There is definitely a paranoia epidemic on this matter. Last winter while taking my walk, I came across a couple of kids (bro. and sister about 5 & 6) trying to erect their basket ball hoop assy. which had fallen over in the snow and they were struggling with it. As we got it up the old man came out on the porch and gave the kids sh*t for talking to a stranger and tied into me inferring I was a child molester, even though I walked past his place twice a week for years. I just shook my head and walked away. Can't fight ignorance like that!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You sound like a great Mom, but there are plenty of sick people... that look and fit into society.

I don't have kids.. just a Nephew and Niece and if anyone hurt them.. it would be lights out for that person.

You don't have to tell me that Boomer. Statistically speaking, strangers aren't the problem, friends of the family, teachers, coaches, family members.... they're the ones you have to watch out for.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You don't have to tell me that Boomer. Statistically speaking, strangers aren't the problem, friends of the family, teachers, coaches, family members.... they're the ones you have to watch out for.

Not to mention church members! -:)