Why don't the Yankies sell Detroit back to the Canadians?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
It's not doing anything productive, the place is a trashy wasteland and no-one in the US wants it.

Help cut the US debt load, and the Canadians could afford to buy it too.

Besides, the Canadians founded in the first place and it was a nice, pleasant village until Canada handed it back over after the War of 1812.

Palindrome

Nominee Member
May 14, 2013
Besides, Ontario doesn't have enough problems.
What say, we put the Fords in charge of the new acquisition?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
We will buy Detroit if the Yanks throw in Alaska. Our offer is $7.2 million, the same price the US paid the Russians for Alaska in 1867.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
See amended offer. As you are our King, could your people conclude these negotiations; "I am far too busy!"
I say trade Edmonchuck for Detroit. It is only a speed bump on the way from Calgary to the oil patch anyway.

Yes. Mustn't cut into your golf time, now, mustn't we?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
PS
What happened to the BUMMer as this is his thread?

I'm just sitting here laughing my *** off at the replies..

When I heard some people on CNN suggesting this.. I was laughing all the way to Shoppers Drug Mart..

Use to live in Windsor, Ontario.. the river is a blessing.

Seriously, they should consider leasing Detroit to China like what China did to Britain some 120 years ago. Bring the manufacturing to Detroit..

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's not doing anything productive, the place is a trashy wasteland and no-one in the US wants it.

Help cut the US debt load, and the Canadians could afford to buy it too.

Besides, the Canadians founded in the first place and it was a nice, pleasant village until Canada handed it back over after the War of 1812.

Methinks the Canadians knew something then it took the Yanks 200 years to find out!-:)

We will buy Detroit if the Yanks throw in Alaska. Our offer is $7.2 million, the same price the US paid the Russians for Alaska in 1867.

Ahhhhh, Seward's "folly"!