Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Western gay couples excluded from Russian adoption policy

China National News Saturday 27th April, 2013

• Western gays told to forget Russian adoptions
• Putin gets set to pass new laws
• Says it is an ethical matter
Russian president Vladimir Putin has warned that Russia will change its agreements for the adoption of Russian children with Western countries that are legalising gay marriage.
President Putin, speaking on the recent law passed in France allowing legal adoptions for gay couples, said France and other countries may be excluded from taking Russian orphans.
Speaking at a meeting of Russian legislators he said changes may have to be made to existing agreements in order to maintain Russia's "cultural traditions and ethical norms."
Putin said that he had he had spoken to the speaker of Russia's Federation Council, the upper house of parliament, to immediately consider amendments to the adoption agreement with France.
Russia has already banned US adoptions of Russian children.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Smart move by the Russians .

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
yes because it is much better for a child to experience a Russian orphanage than to be placed with one of "those" types

I should add here: in actuality, the Russians have made huge, huge improvements in their orphanages and are attempting to keep Russian babies/children within Russia so this isn't really just about "gay" adoption at all

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Good for Russia. It's critical that solid family units which deter promiscuity, be denied to a sizeable portion of the population. Exclusion, disillusionment, lack of family... these things help keep society just broken enough that we have people we can look down our noses at. If you let them get married, have kids, be like you, why then there may be no one whose lifestyle you can look down on. The mental impact on those who are currently 'better', could be tragic.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Good for Russia. It's critical that solid family units which deter promiscuity, be denied to a sizeable portion of the population. Exclusion, disillusionment, lack of family... these things help keep society just broken enough that we have people we can look down our noses at. If you let them get married, have kids, be like you, why then there may be no one whose lifestyle you can look down on. The mental impact on those who are currently 'better', could be tragic.

OOOooooooooooooo..... I sure as hell hope hubby is outa town right now, cause I don't think I'd wanna be at your house with you in this mood.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
OOOooooooooooooo..... I sure as hell hope hubby is outa town right now, cause I don't think I'd wanna be at your house with you in this mood.

He'll be arriving back home tonight, bearing wine and chocolate if he's smart ;)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Hell, I'm holding tight just for Spring (late Spring) like weather!!!
isn't this the WORST ever spring? I looked out the window on Wednesday evening and it was snowing like wild...in the morning I wear gloves it's so cold in my car, on a good day the air is on for the drive home...then heater again in the morning... *falls on the floor crying* I want to whine about heat...I want to see sun and feel warmth on my face. I want to have to avoid sun due to UV rays... *sniff*