Outsourcing I hate you I hate you I hate you!

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So, here's the deal. I paid a bill using modern technology and made a mistake. Instead of making a payment to my Bell Mobility Account I made a payment to my inactive Bell One Account. I wasn't aware I made this mistake until I got a call from Accounts receivable to ask why I didn't pay the bill.

Me: "Hey no problem, here's the account number let's just do a transfer."
Bell: "We can't do that, but if you get a hold of Bell One they can do it. They'll put up a fuss, but they can do it."
20 minutes elapses
The individual comes on and of course they can barely understand me, but they do exactly as the Bell Mobility Customer Service person says.
Bell:"I'm sorry we can't do that."
Me:"I say why not your the same complany."
Bell: "Because we are on a different platform."
Me:"Platform? Or is it that you don't want to do it? Let me speak to a supervisor."
Bell:"Please hold."
Another 20 minutes.
Bell:"Hello can I please have your account number."
Me:"Why yes it's ######### and this is my issue as explained to the other person."
Bell: "We will need to send you a check. It takes six to eight weeks."
Me:"Why can't you just transfer it? Bell Mobility said you would raise a fuss, but that you can do it."
Bell:"Please hold!"
Another 10 minutes goes by.
Bell: "Hello Sir. Yes I have a solution. Call your bank and they can reverse it."
Me:"They can do that? You're sure."
Bell: "Yes absolutely."
Me:"Thank you."
Call Bank.
Automated voice: Welcome to the bank of blah blah please hold all our customer service agents are busy
20 minutes elapses
Me: "Hi this is what happened these are the account numbers I need it reversed."
Bank: "Sorry, but Bell already has the money. We can only do a reversal within 24 hours. You will need to contact them."

Go to Bell Online customer service.
Me:"Hi this is my problem, account ##### tried this tried that tried bank now I'm trying chat."
Bell Chat :"One second please we are experiencing computer issues. Could you please log on again?"
Me: Sigh.
10 minutes elapse
Logged in again. New Customer service agent.
Me: "Hi this is my problem, account ##### tried this tried that tried bank now I'm trying chat again."
Bell Chat :"No problem Sir here is a supervisor number they will fix this."
Me:"It tried that."
Bell Chat :"You need to speak to a supervisor."
Me: "I'm getting ready to cancel my account altogether. Are you sure."
Bell Chat :"O yes Sir. Supervisors have full ability to transfer from account to another."
Log off.
Recorded announcement: Please hold your call is important to us.
17 minutes elapse.
Bell:"Welcome top Bell Mobility how can I assist you?"
Me: "Blah blah account wrong god almighty chat did bank called Bell need help very frustrated."
Bell:"No problem sir we can fix you right up. I'll hook you up with a Bell One supervisor and you are in."
"Okay."
Bell:"BRB"
5 minutes elapse.
Bell:"Hello sir I have a Bell One Supervisor on the line."
Me: "Hello."
Bell:"Hello may I have your account number?"
Me: "My account number is ###### and the other one is ########"
Bell:"2 secs Inaudible."
Me: "Pardon me?"
Bell:"What?"
Me: "I didn't understand."
Bell:"Give me 2 secs."
Me:"Okay"
5 Minutes elapse.
Bell:"Hello Sir."
Me: "Yes."
Bell:"You need to contact your bank so they can reverse the payment."
Me:"I already tried that."
Bell:"We can't do a transfer the account is closed."
Me: "So you're telling me Bell doesn't have my money."
Bell:"2 secs."
3 minutes elapse.
Bell:"Hello Sir, you need to contact your bank."
Me:"I tried that, the bank said they cannot reverse it after 24 hours. I paid the Bill on the 15th."
Bell:"Sir, the person you dealt with was probably a simpleton."
Me:"Pardon me?"
Bell:"That person was simple. They can do this."
Me:"Did you just say the person at the bank was a simpleton?"
Bell:"Yes."
Me: "Look I have been jumping through hoops for over two hours. Why can Bell not simply transfer from one of its accounts to another."
Bell: "2 Secs"
30 secs elapse.
Recorded announcement. Welcome to Bell One. Please 1 for English or 2 for French.
Me: Presses 1
Recorded announcement Welcome to our automated service please press 1 to make a payment or 2 to review transactions..

Me: Hang up

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Bell has taken a nose dive in the last few years... I'm very close to leaving them. Not sure for who yet though....

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I had a very similar interaction with Rogers lately. It is beyond frustrating. I want to call Rogers and ask for a credit for the five days that my living room cable was down, but frankly I don't have the heart to fight for it. By the time I was done, I wanted to poke my eyes with a fork.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well that will learn ya' not to **** up when you're paying your bills now, won't it? ;)

Did you try calling and trying to cancel everything? They'll pass you to retention, if they can't fix it I don't know who can.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm not done. I'm just getting started. I attack at dawn.

Make sure to say.... Okay, so just so we're clear, your name is __________, and it is now __AM. I'm making sure I keep all this written down for my file. Do you have an employee number I can reference as well?

With each and every last fast talking person you get transferred to, write down their name, pertinent id's and file codes, and the time. And make sure they KNOW you're writing it down.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I'm not done. I'm just getting started. I attack at dawn.
They freaking wore me down because when I phoned them I was using my cell phone which has limited free air time, and I used my whole month of extra credit up, trying to sort through how they were going to access three other units to fix a cut cable. Of course the cable had been cut by one of their own workmen installing cable to a new owner below me.

A regular guy couldn't fix it (visit one).

It had to be sent to an "escalated team". The escalated team arrive on EASTER SUNDAY with no warning. He couldn't fix it. (visit two)

The only entertaining part was my cat fell in love with him. He gave her lots of attention but then we were problem solving and she couldn't regain his attention. Therefore she launched herself through the air and landed on his chest.

*sigh* thank gawd he didn't sue me.

apparently when they came back for visit three they let her out of the bedroom since they had to access that cable hook up....he apparently carried her around while he worked.

Wore me out. yup

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Take your cheque in 6-8 weeks and inform them once you receive your cheque, and it clears given the 6 business day hold put on by the bank, you will gladly pay the Bell Mobility bill.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
too bad that most telephone companies don't allow payment by credit card, because if this was a paid by credit card, you could use the credit card dispute resolution system to yank the money back.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Live by the Ganges
Die by the Ganges.
Eventually float out to sea in the Ganges.

They should try that with the Don.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, if he's true to his word the attack should be commencing right about now.

I hope he updates us.

Perhaps I'll scan the news feeds for word on the destruction of Bell.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I must lead a charmed life...."So Far", I've been pretty lucky with customer service.
Last month, I notice an unexplainable $5 charge on my cell phone bill, so I give Telus a call to find out what it is. It turns out to be a charge for smart phones taxi service from telus and the guy says he notices that the call didn't go through, that I must have pressed a button on my phone by mistake and since it's a flat rate for such a call, as soon as you press the call button you get charged......but he continued....No problem sir. I see that you have on line billing and payment, just wait 24 hrs, and check your account on line and you should see the adjustment, then he gave me a case # in case I had to call back.............but I didn't have to.

Last year, I make a similar mistake that RCS made......I made a payment to Master Card, instead of ExpressVu.......and I noticed as soon as I had finished confirming the transaction....too late.
I probably could have called my bank to reverse it, but I didn't want the people I know there, to know I had made such a dumb mistake....so I call MasterCard instead since I don't give a shyte what they think of me:smile:
The guy at the other end was real nice, said that happens often, and he could do one of two things......He said if I was short on funds, in 24 hrs when they received the transfer they could kick it back to my bank.....or.....He said he notice that I had a $60 purchase on my card, and he said that since you clear your balance every month.....If you leave the money there, you will see a $5 credit on your next invoice........which is what I did.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
hahaha busy day chasing your tail :D
Marc sent me here , you have to read this he said hahahahah
sorry
sympathy is in the mail hahahahaha

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I have a Visa cash rebate card- A few years ago in Jan of the year I received my rebate on my Visa card. I transferred it to my bank account. Next day i note a charge for a cash withdrawal. 2 buck if I recall.

Called Visa went thru the ID process and then the guy asks me what he can help me with.

I asked him when did Visa start charging me fees for my own money. He was dumbfounded - No answer. I like asking those questions- makes them wonder if they have a yahoo on the line.

I told him what happened and I wanted my money back and yes I was polite.
Next thing I know a it was fixed.
2 bucks is 2 bucks ya know.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I have a Visa cash rebate card- A few years ago in Jan of the year I received my rebate on my Visa card. I transferred it to my bank account. Next day i note a charge for a cash withdrawal. 2 buck if I recall.

Called Visa went thru the ID process and then the guy asks me what he can help me with.

I asked him when did Visa start charging me fees for my own money. He was dumbfounded - No answer. I like asking those questions- makes them wonder if they have a yahoo on the line.

I have the same one

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

I have a MC rebate card and I never get anything worthwhile back... :( $2.00 wow, I'm lucky to see .15 cents.