Obama Administration dropped the ball & and can the people sue the government?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Boston bombing could have U.S.-Russia implications

2 years ago Russia asked the Obama Administration to check out the older brother, who is now dead, for possible terrorism ties.

The USA said if you're interested, check them out yourself.

WHAT IF?

What if the USA took that important information and followed up on the information provided by Russia on these two terrorist?

Would these 3 individuals still be alive?

Would MIT Patrol Officer Sean A. Collier still be alive with his family tonight?

The Obama Administration dropped the ball "again" - that's nothing new.. but can the victims families sue the federal government for negligence?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Re: Obama Administration dropped the ball & and can the people sue the government?

Oh here it starts again. Tell the Russkies to f themselves.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Re: Obama Administration dropped the ball & and can the people sue the government?

Oh here it starts again. Tell the Russkies to f themselves.

Obviously they did that.. and the Boston Bombing was the result..

My question was: "do the victims families have the right to sue the federal government for negligence, not following up on vital information from Russia about a naturalized US Citizen who had radical Islamic ties??

...oh and made regular trips to a region of the world that has Al Qaeda training camps.

The brother spent 6 months outside the country in a part of the world, Chechnya, that should have raised eyebrows, and he was surfing the net for radical Islamic web sites, should this not have been monitored after he was red flagged?"

Just sayin?

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Obviously they did that.. and the Boston Bombing was the result..

My question was: "do the victims families have the right to sue the federal government for negligence, not following up on vital information from Russia about a naturalized US Citizen who had radical Islamic ties??

...oh and made regular trips to a region of the world that has Al Qaeda training camps.

The brother spent 6 months outside the country in a part of the world, Chechnya, that should have raised eyebrows, and he was surfing the net for radical Islamic web sites, should this not have been monitored after he was red flagged?"

Just sayin?
Was the US government sued over 911. Seems to me there was warning then and nothing was done to stop it. Seems to me you are just spouting sour grapes.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

That's just nonsense Boomer. They probably tens of thousands of so-called warnings a day. You can't deal with everything and everyone based on hearsay.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc

Single out one incident and blame the administration, ya right. Yes Russia asked them
to look into one of them. America asks governments to look into people as well. They
interviewed him. The FBI. People scream about government spending money can you
imagine if they had an FBI Agent for every suspect?
The British were trailing one of the people behind the subway bombing as well. No I
think he was watched but in an open society and America is not a Police State at least
not yet. Don't agree this time Boomer

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Was the US government sued over 911. Seems to me there was warning then and nothing was done to stop it. Seems to me you are just spouting sour grapes.

The USA gave millions to the families of the victims. The 9/11 Fund.

Yes, some families did sue the US Government.. Bush Administration failed.

'Blood Money': Families Sue U.S., Reject 9/11 'Bribe'

They're probably tens of thousands of so-called warnings a day.

But how many are handed to the government on a silver platter.

It turns out the government DID talk to the older brother but failed to monitor his travels or internet after the interview.

Christianna

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2012

I heard that when the Russians asked the FBI did check, there was nothing to indicate that he would become a terrorist. So the matter was dropped, that's Obama's fault How?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I heard that when the Russians asked the FBI did check, there was nothing to indicate that he would become a terrorist. So the matter was dropped, that's Obama's fault How?

Did I say Obama or did I say The Obama Administration.. dam Sheeples, the minute you say "Obama" you lefties circle the wagons.

The Obama Administration is inclusive of the FBI and any Federal Police force, just as I mentioned above the Bush Administration for 9/11.

FBI director is Robert Mueller, he was appointed by Obama in 2001, thus part of the Obama Administration. ;-)

Back to my original question... try not to be partisan and think of the victims families.. do they have the right to sue the government???

If you agree, they should sue.. why?

If you don't agree, again.. why?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

FBI director is Robert Mueller, he was appointed by Obama in 2001, thus part of the Obama Administration. ;-)
Nit picky, I know, but Obama was not in office in 2001.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

tworivers

Electoral Member
Sep 11, 2012
Lillooet,BC

Taking anything Putin says is hard to take serious being that they have thrown so many journalists out of windows over the years. The Russians are known for being corrupt or at the very least very very biased . Maybe they were right on this but with the current dictatorship there how can you honestly listen to them especially when this is not the only time they have suspected someone over here.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

You're right that is being nit picky.. he was reappointed as director by Obama.. Robert Mueller has been office since 2001.

Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so came in under Bush...oh the sweet, sweet irony of it all...

None the less, no ball got dropped regardless. They were being monitored and it still happened. What are we to do, search every backpack of every suspected terrorist every time they leave the house.

We have to get over this "we could have prevented it crap." It is mind-numbing that no only do we have terrorists, we have industrial buildings blowing up like in Texas. That should have been monitored better too.

We cannot prevent terrorism, we can only do our best to minimize it.

They hate our way of life...we will be targets regardless of who was in power.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

The answer is "no."

And to be less nitpicky, what is the source for your assertion that Russia asked the U.S. to investigate these two, two years ago? The article in your OP says nothing of the sort.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

The answer is "no."

And to be less nitpicky, what is the source for your assertion that Russia asked the U.S. to investigate these two, two years ago? The article in your OP says nothing of the sort.
it's been all over the news, and they did investigate them, but there was nothing evident at the time.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

it's been all over the news, and they did investigate them, but there was nothing evident at the time.

Ah, thanks. I haven't been doing news for the last couple of days.

The good news for Boomer is that if the Obama administration "drops the ball" another 700 times, it will begin to approach the death toll from the Bush administration's little bobble.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Tens of thousands are interviewed for a reason by Police agencies / employes- officers during a year.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

The Obama Administration dropped the ball "again" - that's nothing new.. but can the victims families sue the federal government for negligence?

If Putin warned President Obama that Tsarnaev and was ever so wise, why didn't he issue an international warrant for his arrest?

Oh no wait, I get your point, once again it's a matter of BLAME OBAMA!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State

Yes, Eagle - that's exactly what I was thinking. Too bad nobody even tried to answer my question so I'll ask again: if Russia had evidence that these two suspects engaged in terrorist training in Chechnya, why didn't Moscow issue a warrant for their arrest when they were there?

Chechnya's leader Ramzan Kadyrov (Putin's lap dog who was appointed "president") said that even he does not believe the Tsarnaev brothers were trained as terrorists in his homeland. With that in mind, my follow up question is, why didn't Putin order him to arrest them when they visited Chechnya a while ago if he had evidence to prove they were terrorists? Very interesting that Putin claimed they were while the Chechen does not. By the way, Kadyrov is fanatically opposed to Jihadists and showed sympathy towards the Boston victims.