Iranian scientist claims to have invented 'time machine

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
s
Iranian scientist claims to have invented 'time machine' - Telegraph Ali Razeghi, a Tehran scientist has registered "The Aryayek Time Traveling Machine" with the state-run Centre for Strategic Inventions.

The device can predict the future in a print out after taking readings from the touch of a user, he told the Fars state newsagency.

Razaeghi, 27, said the device worked by a set of complex algorithims to "predict five to eight years of the future life of any individual, with 98 percent accuracy".

As the managing director of Iran's Centre for Strategic Inventions, Razeghi is a serial inventor with 179 other inventions listed under his own name. "I have been working on this project for the last 10 years," he said.

"My invention easily fits into the size of a personal computer case and can predict details of the next 5-8 years of the life of its users. It will not take you into the future, it will bring the future to you

Razeghi says Iran's government can predict the possibility of a military confrontation with a foreign country, and forecast the fluctuation in the value of foreign currencies and oil prices by using his new invention.
"Naturally a government that can see five years into the future would be able to prepare itself for challenges that might destabilise it," he said. "As such we expect to market this invention among states as well as individuals once we reach a mass production stage."
Razeghi said his latest project has been criticised by friends and relatives for "trying to play God" with ordinary lives and history. "This project is not against our religious values at all. The Americans are trying to make this invention by spending millions of dollars on it where I have already achieved it by a fraction of the cost," he said. "The reason that we are not launching our prototype at this stage is that the Chinese will steal the idea and produce it in millions overnight."

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Can I use it to predict tomorrow night's Lotto result? There's £3.8 million up for grabs.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I once wrote a very, very short science fiction story called "The Time Machine." It goes like this:

Shortly after we perfected the time machine, we discovered that the past can't be changed and the future is indeterminate. So we went out for beers.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I once wrote a very, very short science fiction story called "The Time Machine." It goes like this:

Shortly after we perfected the time machine, we discovered that the past can't be changed and the future is indeterminate. So we went out for beers.

Then there's Sheldon's rommate agreement...

Sheldon: Both of us agree that, should we ever invent a time machine the first thing we will do is bring it to this location exactly five seconds from now.
Leonard: [signs agreement]
Sheldon: [waits five seconds]....Disappointing.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am a true believer in the Iranian Time Machine. After all I have seen for myself
what space cadets these people are. We need to get one and stick them in it to
demonstrate their future is very short if they don't get with the international program.
God what next?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I am a true believer in the Iranian Time Machine. After all I have seen for myself
what space cadets these people are. We need to get one and stick them in it to
demonstrate their future is very short if they don't get with the international program.
God what next?

They're not stupid they know the international program is shorthand for raped and crushed to dust. Your beloved international program is nothing less than global organized crime.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Judging by the thread title, I thought he'd proposed establishing a foreign book import business in Iran, which woudl have brought the regime into the present.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If they can't make out the difference between time travel and predictions, I highly doubt they can do either.

hunboldt

Time Out
May 5, 2013
at my keyboard
The main purpose is to allow the current Iranian authorities to predict which Ba'hai will committ future crimes, then imprision them for life now..