Overused terms......

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
"Going Viral" is the first one that comes to mind since I keep hearing it in the news ....just now .....again re: youtube videos...

An old one that I remember from morning production meetings was "Going forward", which one morning, was used 15 times, I know because the only interesting thing about those meetings, was the log I kept of those "Buzz words" and frequency of use,,:smile:

Are there any terms that bug you with their overuse?????

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I think the term 'Troll' gets over used. Apparently now it means more than just a troll, it's also used to describe pretty much anyone you don't like. And, speaking of Like, that's another one that grates on my nerves. I blame Facebook for that one, the term should have died out with the last of the Valley Girls in the 80's.

In our meetings the phrase that drives me nuts is "at the end of the day" because my boss uses that term constantly.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Sometimes people can use it like six times in like one f u k ing sentence...like, I know I use it too, but like, I try really hard to at least like limit it so that there is a complete thought in there somewhere. Like that eh?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Amazing, Awesome, Critical, Huge

I keep a tally chart of the number of times these words are used in meetings.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Right? You know? Ya know? Am I right?

After every sentence, as if they need my approval, or need to know if I understand before their next thought.

These words are meant to be used sporadically and they have a purpose and their purpose is not to be used to question the listener as to whether or not they are clear about what you have just said. You do not have an IQ of 140 so I am reasonably certain you do not have to ask me each and every time.

It makes me want to hang myself because it lengthens the conversation to an unbearable time.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Right? You know? Ya know? Am I right?

After every sentence, as if they need my approval, or need to know if I understand before their next thought.

These words are meant to be used sporadically and they have a purpose and their purpose is not to be used to question the listener as to whether or not they are clear about what you have just said. You do not have an IQ of 140 so I am reasonably certain you do not have to ask me each and every time.

It makes me want to hang myself because it lengthens the conversation to an unbearable time.
I would ask why they have this neurotic need to always be right. "If I disagree, will you commit suicide or something?" If they said yes, then I would say I disagree.

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I would ask why they have this neurotic need to always be right. "If I disagree, will you commit suicide or something?" If they sid yes, then I would say I disagree.
lmao...I'd never actually considered that it was a neurotic need to always be right...daaaaaaaaaaaaamn but I think you are right....lol

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
lmao...I'd never actually considered that it was a neurotic need to always be right...daaaaaaaaaaaaamn but I think you are right....lol
I am a people watcher. When I lived in Montreal (eons ago) my best friend was a voyeur. He loved to just ride the subway to watch people. He gave me an appreciation for the art. Sometimes we would just ride all day watching people. I finally came to realize that Montreal was the biggest insane asylum in Canada, which is one of the reasons I moved to the bush in BC. Then I found out the Toronto has taken the place of Montreal for that title. I have also observed that most people have neurotic tendencies, which has assisted me in identifying my own. Now I have come to the conclusion that Earth is the insane asylum of the universe. When I tell that to people, many will say, "No! I'm normal." I always say it is the ones who think they are normal that are the most messed up, the most dangerous. To me, it is neurotic not to embrace your insanity.

"And they think I'm mad! Balderdash and Falderah! Remember them?!!!

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
When I look at other people, (I'm a people watcher too) and find something odd about them and then I spot someone doing the same thing I'm doing.....we're not alone with that hobby:lol:......
I figure that he thinks I'm odd too......;-)

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
When I look at other people, (I'm a people watcher too) and find something odd about them and then I spot someone doing the same thing I'm doing.....we're not alone with that hobby:lol:......
I figure that he thinks I'm odd too......;-)

That said, it's more than likely.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I had one video that went "viral" for a small group of people lol..
A year ago just before my first festival of the year...since I hadn't used my video camera in a while,....just to make sure that everything worked for the stage show...I decided to film a small group of people a few trailers away from mine, that like to jam together...
So I set up the camera on a tripod and recorded them for an hour and gave a copy of the DVD to the guy who seemed in charge to make copies for the rest....about a dozen people that were there that day.
About a month later I meet one of them on the road and he tells me that the guy still hadn't made them a copy...so I get his email addy and a little later I upload the whole thing to youtube...unlisted...so that you need a link to watch it...then hemail the link to this guy.
Well, he must have passed it around because the last time I checked, the video had 157 hits....(Not bad for an unlisted video:lol:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I am a people watcher. When I lived in Montreal (eons ago) my best friend was a voyeur. He loved to just ride the subway to watch people. He gave me an appreciation for the art. Sometimes we would just ride all day watching people. I finally came to realize that Montreal was the biggest insane asylum in Canada, which is one of the reasons I moved to the bush in BC. Then I found out the Toronto has taken the place of Montreal for that title. I have also observed that most people have neurotic tendencies, which has assisted me in identifying my own.
Self examination, another lost art!!!
Now I have come to the conclusion that Earth is the insane asylum of the universe. When I tell that to people, many will say, "No! I'm normal." I always say it is the ones who think they are normal that are the most messed up, the most dangerous.
the quest for normalcy is over rated, but probably the norm. A quite mediocre place to be. How could I have my issues :)

To me, it is neurotic not to embrace your insanity.
or perhaps just insane not to embrace your neurosis

"And they think I'm mad!
There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter.
[ picks up his hat ]
Which luckily I am. The Mad Hatter:

Wait staff in restaurants saying "excellent " after every item you request.

OR

"no problem"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
*mainly due to media/advertising douchebags of all varieties:

Happy Monday (and all other days of the week)

Hello 'my friend'. Look, I have a couple of friends, the rest of you arseholes are acquaintances. Quit giving people that much credit.

I/we love you. No you don't. Fuk off.

During these uncertain times. They're all uncertain spaz. Quit trying to make us all nervous and everything ok

Movie star. There's probably been 20 of them since the whole thing began.

Mogul. See movie star.

Diva. See mogul.

Exclusive/limited. Yes, to the number they can make or sell.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
*mainly due to media/advertising douchebags of all varieties:

Happy Monday (and all other days of the week)

Hello 'my friend'. Look, I have a couple of friends, the rest of you arseholes are acquaintances. Quit giving people that much credit.

I/we love you. No you don't. Fuk off.

During these uncertain times. They're all uncertain spaz. Quit trying to make us all nervous and everything ok

Movie star. There's probably been 20 of them since the whole thing began.

Mogul. See movie star.

Diva. See mogul.

Exclusive/limited. Yes, to the number they can make or sell.
Wishing you a Fabulous Friday my friend, remember we all love our mods and I just want to reassure you during these uncertain times that we feel that you are absolutely just the STAR of the forum and let me reassure you that comes from quite the diva and it truly is an exclusive comment limited only to you Loc. ♥♥♥

innovative, daunting, challenging, so
I am totally f u k ing stealing the word daunting... thanks beav!! Off now... I have a daunting task to perform.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Wishing you a Fabulous Friday my friend, remember we all love our mods and I just want to reassure you during these uncertain times that we feel that you are absolutely just the STAR of the forum and let me reassure you that comes from quite the diva and it truly is an exclusive comment limited only to you Loc. ♥♥♥

I so admire you. Lol.