Cheaper gasoline.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

In Vernon you'd be right! Think you could beat the bus by much driving from New West to Vancouver along Kingsway?

I'd go south to 49th head east and then take Rumble at Boundary and blow past all that crap WITHOUT stopping for 15 secs every block the entire way.

Lower mainland or Vernon the bus still stops every block. Vehicles don't have to.

Try reading the paper and relaxing while standing on the bus crammed in amongst the mouth breating unwashed masses.

JLM
+2
#32  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I'd go south to 49th head east and then take Rumble at Boundary and blow past all that crap WITHOUT stopping for 15 secs every block the entire way.

Lower mainland or Vernon the bus still stops every block. Vehicles don't have to.

Try reading the paper and relaxing while standing on the bus crammed in amongst the mouth breating unwashed masses.

OK Petros, you win this one, just the thought of those bad breaths coming out of Surrey, surrendered me!

Kreskin
+1
108.9 in Courtenay today.

karrie
99.9 at the Esso up the road today. Not sure of others but they usually are all in line.

petros
It's going to keep on dropping. 80 cents a L here we come!

JLM

Are prices falling in your area?

In Regina we are down to 110.9L at the lowest priced station.

How about you?

131.9 in Merritt- the citizenry are protesting, 20 cents more than Kamloops 50 miles away!

petros
+1

131.9 in Merritt- the citizenry are protesting, 20 cents more than Kamloops 50 miles away!

It's a long haul up the hill is the excuse but Johnny's On The Rez in Lower Nicola is always cheaper and if you're lucky they give you their price.

JLM

It's a long haul up the hill is the excuse but Johnny's On The Rez in Lower Nicola is always cheaper and if you're lucky they give you their price.

And you make up for it going down. LOL

petros

And you make up for it going down. LOL

I wouldn't want to go down those grades tanked up with 70,000lbs of fuel.

JLM

I wouldn't want to go down those grades tanked up with 70,000lbs of fuel.

That's where your gears come in!

petros

That's where your gears come in!

And prayers

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

The going rate is $0.51/km according to CCRA, which really isn't enough. When you use your vehicle for work you must also have extra insurance.

That never applied to me....I lived within a mile from my work place

petros
How much is fuel out your way DaSleeper?

Locutus
121.5 in T.O.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

121.5 in T.O.

Down from? Or the same as a couple weeks ago?

Locutus
Up from 119.5 last week.

petros
Well isn't that lovely? I bet the industry excuses for that are uglier than a can of smashed a**holes..

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

That never applied to me....I lived within a mile from my work place

That is for using your vehicle for work. Including going for the mail or making a delivery. The company can pay you that much without creating a tax situation.