To the smokers out there: E-Cigs

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I just bought one tonight in lieu of actual smokes. I've come to the conclusion I really need to quit as my cardio is that of a 60 year old man. I've had a couple puffs so far and it seems to do the job.

Does anyone have experience with these? I know I can take the route of "suck it up" but my personality does not allow that, especially after being locked out for 6 weeks, I am a stress machine.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
That's my guess, but physically looking at me you woudn't even wonder... my insides are rotten.

All that drinkin' and going after 60 year old women, Durk!;)

Glad to hear that you're trying to quit. Better to attempt it while you are still relatively young.:)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I just bought one tonight in lieu of actual smokes. I've come to the conclusion I really need to quit as my cardio is that of a 60 year old man. I've had a couple puffs so far and it seems to do the job.

Does anyone have experience with these? I know I can take the route of "suck it up" but my personality does not allow that, especially after being locked out for 6 weeks, I am a stress machine.

Awesome. I just ordered one.

it does, it is vaporized though opposed to incineration.

I ordered mine with the mint cartridges.

I've been on the nicotine patch for three weeks I've been rationing myself 3 cigarettes a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening and I force myself to go outside to have them. I do absolutely fine during the day at work. If I get an urge for one, I'll have a mint. But I'm freaking sick of mints by the time I get home! And I've been 'slipping' lately while at home.

My worst time for smoking was always sitting and watching tv or sitting at the computer. This thing has a usb connection. Seems like kismet to me.

Best of luck. I'll let you know how it works for me.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
About twenty eight years ago I quit for the last time. Before that I had tried just about everything.
I would quit for a day or two and eventually the habit would dig it's claws in and I would be back
smoking again. When I finally did quit, everyone thought I would start up again like every other
time but I stuck to it. After about two weeks the awful longing for a smoke eased off. To this day,
when I see somebody having a morning cup of coffee and a cigarette I want to go rip the cigarette
out of his hand and have a drag. So far I've resisted the impulse.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Awesome. I just ordered one.

I ordered mine with the mint cartridges.

I've been on the nicotine patch for three weeks I've been rationing myself 3 cigarettes a day, one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening and I force myself to go outside to have them. I do absolutely fine during the day at work. If I get an urge for one, I'll have a mint. But I'm freaking sick of mints by the time I get home! And I've been 'slipping' lately while at home.

My worst time for smoking was always sitting and watching tv or sitting at the computer. This thing has a usb connection. Seems like kismet to me.

Best of luck. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Let me know how it goes!:)

And if you keep "slipping" you'll be in trouble!;)

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I got an e -cig a while ago. Works good, tasty nicotine, brandy flavour, three or four puffs and you feel like you,ve had half a pack. 30 mg of nic. Now nic and I can live happily ever after together without the nasties. Nicotine is your friend nicotine loves you.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
Has anyone tried that 'new' Nicorette QuickMist mouthspray? If so, what is your opinion? How about the lozenges?
I tried the patch and had a reaction to it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
A couple of co-workers from my former job here in Australia had them.... quite interesting. I may pick one up myself, though rumour was that they were going to ban them for some stupid reason like it promotes smoking for kids.

Frig, a Volcano promotes smoking these days.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Got mine today. So far it seems pretty good, I'm on the nicotine patch so I ordered mint cartridges. It seems to be satisfying the need to "puff" that I was struggling with.