Electricians in Edmonton

Moving Edmonton

Aug 15, 2012
Hello, I wasn't to sure where to go to ask this, bit I am a journeyman electrician and am considering a move o Edmonton. I know there's lots of camp jobs up there which I am not interested in. Does anyone know what it's like to get hired in and around Edmonton with a local company that stays fairly local for there work? Any info is appreciated thanks

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Camp jobs IN Edmonton? They were moved to the edge of the city ever since they got running water and electricty in the city 2 years ago.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hello, I wasn't to sure where to go to ask this, bit I am a journeyman electrician and am considering a move o Edmonton. I know there's lots of camp jobs up there which I am not interested in. Does anyone know what it's like to get hired in and around Edmonton with a local company that stays fairly local for there work? Any info is appreciated thanks

lol, there are no camp jobs in Edmonton, there are camp jobs in Fort Mac, way the hell and gone. Edmonton is a huge bustling city, and if you start Googling, I'm sure you'll find work as an electrician in no time at all.

Start at Edmonton.ca to find out a bit about where you're actually thinking of moving.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Territorial Elec is one of the larger companies in the area. They also have contracts in the Oil and gas camps.
Prinz Elec is another compnay that is good to work for.
Merrit Construction is another. Can't recall if it is one or 2 r's in Merrit or Merit. Do a search- fill out an app online.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Camp jobs IN Edmonton? They were moved to the edge of the city ever since they got running water and electricty in the city 2 years ago.

Yep they moved the camps to Gold Bar cause it floods there now and then and those nasty camps needs washing. Where is Edmonton "up" from? The north or south pole?

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
When I was there it was a process of getting the word out as wide as possible that a person existed willing and there to work.

Lot's of free-lance recruiters back then... I don't know about now... probably internet based.

If you're willing to work up north, you went to exactly the right place.