Best photo of Nessie yet

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

He has dedicated more than two decades of his life to the hunt for the elusive Loch Ness monster, spending 60 hours a week on the water.

And now George Edwards believes he has finally fulfilled his ambition of spotting 'Nessie'; he even photographic evidence to prove it.

Mr Edwards, who has spent 26 years on his quest, managed to capture this image of a dark hump slinking in and out of the lake's waters from the deck of his boat, Nessie Hunter, before it vanished back into the deep.

He claims the picture is the best-ever taken of the Loch Ness Monster and proves once and for all that the elusive leviathan exists - and is definitely not a sturgeon.

more

Skipper claims to have finally found proof that Loch Ness Monster exists | Mail Online

Why ruin a good story by introducing American Military photo analysts into the mix. Couldn't have it checked in Scotland?

I'm sure there is a large animal of some sort (or Aquaman) living in the lake. But but...

But sir, why only one photo? In 5-10 minutes. And no video? You're an experience Nessie Hunter.

Also, based on the size of his boat,

and the bit of a rail in bottom left of the photo, it sure doesn't seem that far away from the good cap'n.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Fun fact: His real name is Lance Goodthrust

Um, in terms of little Fred. I missed the post-timing. :p

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

He has dedicated more than two decades of his life to the hunt for the elusive Loch Ness monster, spending 60 hours a week on the water.

And now George Edwards believes he has finally fulfilled his ambition of spotting 'Nessie'; he even photographic evidence to prove it.

Mr Edwards, who has spent 26 years on his quest, managed to capture this image of a dark hump slinking in and out of the lake's waters from the deck of his boat, Nessie Hunter, before it vanished back into the deep.

He claims the picture is the best-ever taken of the Loch Ness Monster and proves once and for all that the elusive leviathan exists - and is definitely not a sturgeon.

more

Skipper claims to have finally found proof that Loch Ness Monster exists | Mail Online

Give me 26 years and a couple thousand dollars, and I will design a believable Lock Ness monster that will
swim, dive, and surface, more convincingly than Dr. Edwards' "discovery", or whatever it is.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Give me 26 years and a couple thousand dollars, and I will design a believable Lock Ness monster that will
swim, dive, and surface, more convincingly than Dr. Edwards' "discovery", or whatever it is.

Maybe someone is allready doing it via remote and just torturing this guy.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I guess if we're Nessie watching, the preferred National Enquirer gambit of posting from some obscure place that only the writer (and maybe whatever's in the picture) know about wouldn't work so well.

National Enquirer? I think maybe we're venturing into Weekly World News territory here.

LOCH NESS MONSTER FOUND | Weekly World News

It's gritty, it's grainy, they use (original television series) Batman styled kazam word balloons to impart information. Now that's a monster story! ;)

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

more

Skipper claims to have finally found proof that Loch Ness Monster exists | Mail Online.
Wishful thinking, IMO. Definitely not proof of anything other than it being an object in the water. Could be part of the bow of a sub for all anyone could tell. No hint of anything near it to distinguish size or any other characteristics.
I saw a real unicorn the other day and here's the proof;

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Wishful thinking, IMO. Definitely not proof of anything other than it being an object in the water. Could be part of the bow of a sub for all anyone could tell. No hint of anything near it to distinguish size or any other characteristics.
I saw a real unicorn the other day and here's the proof;

I never realized that unicorns looked so much like a horse's ass. ;)

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
This is my take.

There have been two sonar expeditions, and one caught something big. The second one saw nothing. That said, if you check the Wiki entry on the Loch Ness Monster, you'll see a lot of prior circumstantial evidence that there was something.

In particular,

1) prior sonar studies that showed large creatures about,

2) a photo of something that looked like the fin,

3) evidence that there was far more biomass than previously thought, which means the Loch could sustain a population of monsters,

The final sonar study showed nothing, which indicates there is nothing of major size in the Loch. But that does not deal with the prior evidence that showed something or somethings were there. So I would keep an open mind on this.