Alberta is CRAZY!!!!

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
O.K. I'm not insulting Alberta... so take s deap breath already.

Arrived Tuesday.. have a job.. easy part. However I am currently posting this thread from a tent on my phone.

Apartments, waiting lists, 8 to 20.showings, you're on a list. This camp ground is full with displaced people

Fortunately I figured out the game and have a place for August 1st.

You see a place you like, bring a deposit.. site unseen. I was very lucky and got a very very nice unit

Most places have waiting lists with 100's of people

Geeez

Sorry for typos, fat fingers on this phone.

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
LoL close to that here, they are creating new spots for tents..

Wake up to prairie dogs running into my tent.. into the side.. not inside..

Oh yeah.. days 85f, nights don't know the temp, but burrr cold

Similar to north eastern BC, rents out of sight, exploration companies buying into the hotel business because its cheaper than paying rent for their workers, but big wages and higher cost of living do tend to balance out. People without oilfield income are out of luck though.

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
Yup. I tricked you. Whew. That was hard!

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be making fun of you, you can't follow a sentence through, let alone a conversation.

Okay since you really don't understand the concept of it being tough on people in a booming economy who don't have an income derived from the boom industry, I will explain. These would be the people who get their income from other sources. Does that help?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The ones that are employed in support services of those in the energy industry? You know those people right. The waitresses, the tire shop, grocery stores, admin, the builders, the guy who sells ads in the local coffee rag, etc etc are all losing out?

beaker

Electoral Member
Jun 11, 2012
thepeacecountry
The ones that are employed in support services of those in the energy industry? You know those people right. The waitresses, the tire shop, grocery stores, admin, the builders, the guy who sells ads in the local coffee rag, etc etc are all losing out?

Are you asking a question or trying to attribute your thoughts to me and making a statement about that? ridiculous either way you look at it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Are you asking a question or trying to attribute your thoughts to me and making a statement about that? ridiculous either way you look at it.
Are you saying those people listed aren't benefitting even thought they don't work in the energy industry?