Incase you missed it: Most of Greenland melted in July.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Here is some interesting news for the greenies in Greenland.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Last January 100% froze solid. Seasons are funny like that.

Ice cores from Summit station [Greenland’s coldest and highest] show that melting events of this type occur about once every 150 years on average. With the last one happening in 1889, this event is right on time," said Lora Koenig, a Goddard glaciologist and a member of the research team analyzing the satellite data.

Read more: Skeptics put the freeze on NASA 'hot air' about Greenland ice | Fox News

Interesting news nonetheless..

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The other day I heard an interview on RadioOine with a cilmatologist. The interviewer was trying to goad him into linking this summer's drought to AGW. He refused. I was impressed.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The other day I heard an interview on RadioOine with a cilmatologist. The interviewer was trying to goad him into linking this summer's drought to AGW. He refused. I was impressed.

There is an old saying- "A swallow does not a summer make" (Not that I'd expect any swallows to be moving in there anytime soon) :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
So there is a lot of melt going on in Greenland this summer... but not necessarily "melted" completely.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Didn't I read somewhere that if all Greenland's ice melted, the oceans would rise four feet or something. Which
leads to the question; "How much did the oceans rise?"

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Didn't I read somewhere that if all Greenland's ice melted, the oceans would rise four feet or something. Which
leads to the question; "How much did the oceans rise?"

Exactly the same amount as if you had pissed in it! :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
On NPR the scientist was saying this thawing was due to weather. No matter how much the show's host tried to get him to say it was climate change.

I am wondering why the GW enthusiasts are so bent on using weather as a proof of climate change. What has happened?