Mountie responsible for Dziekanski incident has resigned.

Vancouverite

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2011
How about a bouncer? That's all he'll be getting, after the bad publicity. And I wonder what about the other three who were equally responsible.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Maybe a security guard inside a federal prison for killing someone
This guy is a low life regardless of what job he does. His was an
embarrassment to the force.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just for the sake of how this all looks to the taxpayer, he has to do some considerable time in jail (at least 3 years) as for a job after that, he will have to move to another province as everyone and his dog will recognize this thug. The best he can hope for is scrubbing sh*thouses for minimum wage.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I am still at a loss at the mob mentality people get about this case when clearly the people who were responsible for this mans death were never held accountable or even mentioned.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I am still at a loss at the mob mentality people get about this case when clearly the people who were responsible for this mans death were never held accountable or even mentioned.

So who was responsible for this mans death Retired Can Soldier??? I'm guessing the ones that tasered him.

Look, if I walked up to you and didn't understand English, tapped my hand on my chest twice and said German, then pointed to you.. what would your answer??? Canadian right??

A simple kind hand jester, anyone could have done.

Then when he answers "Polish" you get on an intercom at an International airport and ask if anyone speaks Polish to translate.

Problem solved.

If we live in a multicultural society, that so many people are proud of... I would say that we need to try and communicate a little better..

[youtube]sWmue9ixN00[/youtube]

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com

Yes, and I heard on the radio this morning, that RCMP management, when they saw the tape, still let these cops lie and tell us,

"That's not what happened. What you see on the tape did not happen. We RCMP are good men, despite numerous instances of brutality and improper conduct. Continue to trust us."

Much of the public still buys this BS, which is why they got another 20 year contract to be BC's police force. They are still so arrogant, and no senior RCMP manager has come clean yet on this incident. They are a dysfunctional organisation and need a reboot. Shut them down, start a new one that modern and efficient.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yes, and I heard on the radio this morning, that RCMP management, when they saw the tape, still let these cops lie and tell us,

"That's not what happened. What you see on the tape did not happen. We RCMP are good men, despite numerous instances of brutality and improper conduct. Continue to trust us."

Much of the public still buys this BS, which is why they got another 20 year contract to be BC's police force. They are still so arrogant, and no senior RCMP manager has come clean yet on this incident. They are a dysfunctional organisation and need a reboot. Shut them down, start a new one that modern and efficient.

And in the meantime while the new group is getting trained, how do we deal with law enforcement and apprehending criminals? :lol:

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
This post does have me a little baffled. :smile:

That is because like most of the public you ignore the obvious.

Dziekański's flight was two hours late, and arrived at about 3:15 pm on October 13, 2007.

According to official sources, Dziekański required language support to complete initial customs formalities. After he completed initial immigration processing, his whereabouts between 4:00 p.m. and about 10:45 p.m. remain unclear, though at various points he was seen around the baggage carrousels.

Dziekański's mother, Zofia Cisowski, had told him to wait for her at the baggage claim area but it was a secured area where she was not allowed to enter.

At 10:45 p.m., when he attempted to leave the Customs hall, he was directed again to secondary immigration as his visa had not yet been processed.

Dziekański's immigration procedures were completed at about 12:15 a.m. on October 14.

After 30 minutes in an immigration waiting area, he was taken to the international arrivals reception area.

Cisowski had been making enquiries of airport staff since the early afternoon.

Airport staff told her Dziekański was not at the airport and she had returned to Kamloops at about 10 p.m., believing her son had missed his flight.

When Dziekański left the Customs hall, he became visibly agitated. Bystanders and airport security guards were unable to communicate with him because he did not speak English.[citation needed] He used chairs to prop open the one-way doors between a Customs clearing area and a public lounge and at one point threw a computer and a small table to the floor before the police arrived.

Mr. Dziekański was left to languish in that airport for approximately nine hours. In that time no one from Canada Customs or Immigration bothered to assist this man. In addition to being utterly derelict in their duties they created a situation where in Mr. Dziekański became so frustrated that he began to act in a violent manner. Had they gotten off their fat lazy asses and found an interpreter as well as done what we pay them to do the situation never would have gotten to the point it had.

Instead Dziekański died after being tazered by RCMP who airport officials called because they failed in their duties. And as a result the tunnel vision of the media and the public completely overlooked the reasons that led up to this mans death. So the RCMP bears the full brunt and Canada Customs and Immigration gets a pass.

You're an idiot. No video required.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That is because like most of the public you ignore the obvious.

Mr. Dziekański was left to languish in that airport for approximately nine hours. In that time no one from Canada Customs or Immigration bothered to assist this man. In addition to being utterly derelict in their duties they created a situation where in Mr. Dziekański became so frustrated that he began to act in a violent manner. Had they gotten off their fat lazy asses and found an interpreter as well as done what we pay them to do the situation never would have gotten to the point it had.

Instead Dziekański died after being tazered by RCMP who airport officials called because they failed in their duties. And as a result the tunnel vision of the media and the public completely overlooked the reasons that led up to this mans death. So the RCMP bears the full brunt and Canada Customs and Immigration gets a pass.

Actually I made that point very strongly several times shortly after the incident and I still agree just as strongly, BUT that is a matter for another day, let's get this thug dealt with and then we can go back to cleaning up loose ends.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So who was responsible for this mans death Retired Can Soldier??? I'm guessing the ones that tasered him.

Look, if I walked up to you and didn't understand English, tapped my hand on my chest twice and said German, then pointed to you.. what would your answer??? Canadian right??

A simple kind hand jester, anyone could have done.

Then when he answers "Polish" you get on an intercom at an International airport and ask if anyone speaks Polish to translate.

Problem solved.

If we live in a multicultural society, that so many people are proud of... I would say that we need to try and communicate a little better..

It's not the RCMP's job to facilitate interpreters. That's customs job and they had a whopping nine hours before the cops were even called. Problem is that we have developed some serious tunnel vision on this. Am I defending the cop? Nope. Why are we paying immigration officials if they can allow something like this to happen? Where's the public outrage over that? Why isn't the media putting their top boss in the hot seat? What of the people who handled this case? Did they lose their jobs? Should they be charged with manslaughter?

Actually I made that point very strongly several times shortly after the incident and I still agree just as strongly, BUT that is a matter for another day, let's get this thug dealt with and then we can go back to cleaning up loose ends.

This thug is just the end result of a much larger problem that has been virtually ignored and will continue to be as long as we focus soley on the RCMP.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's not the RCMP's job to facilitate interpreters. That's customs job and they had a whopping nine hours before the cops were even called. Problem is that we have developed some serious tunnel vision on this. Am I defending the cop? Nope. Why are we paying immigration officials if they can allow something like this to happen? Where's the public outrage over that? Why isn't the media putting their top boss in the hot seat? What of the people who handled this case? Did they lose their jobs? Should they be charged with manslaughter?

This thug is just the end result of a much larger problem that has been virtually ignored and will continue to be as long as we focus soley on the RCMP.

So what you're saying is that the RCMP isn't innocent, but it's not the only
ones that are guilty in this instance.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
So what you're saying is that the RCMP isn't innocent, but it's not the only
ones that are guilty in this instance.

You're not going to be able to undo what the RCMP Officers did, nor can we undo the ignorance of this particular officer. So yes, in a nutshell I am not overlooking the Officer's culpability, I am just aghast that the people who are responsible for this tragedy have not been held to account at all, simply because everyone is so focused on the RCMP.

Actually you're an idiot. I repeated what a man said who has written a book on the RCMP, and he said the RCMP is dysfunctional, like you are. He's informed, you're not.

Well done.