TD Bank Closing All Accounts Of Iranian-Canadians!

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... td bank has been caught illegally harassing its customers yet again. but this time it's not just an isolated incident -- it's an entire ethnic group ...

... in another instance of td bank's blatantly illegal business practices, the bank has been caught unlawfully closing the accounts of all iranian-canadians. story here: BANK ACCOUNT CLOSURES ...

... the message is clear -- don't go near this bank. and the message isn't coming from me, it's coming from the bank itself ...

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... after all those convictions in the u.s. td bank must be bankrupt by now, appropriately so ...

... seems to me td bank is desperate for quick cash and they're illegally confiscating cash from (supposedly) easy political targets to make up for the shortfall ...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... td bank has been caught illegally harassing its customers yet again. but this time it's not just an isolated incident -- it's an entire ethnic group ...

... in another instance of td bank's blatantly illegal business practices, the bank has been caught unlawfully closing the accounts of all iranian-canadians. story here: BANK ACCOUNT CLOSURES ...

... the message is clear -- don't go near this bank. and the message isn't coming from me, it's coming from the bank itself ...
Hmmm, closed by order of the Economic Measures Act of Canada.

Translates into the TD Bank arbitrarily closing Iranian Canadians accounts, in wizzy's world.

Interesting, lol.

... after all those convictions in the u.s. td bank must be bankrupt by now, appropriately so ...
They were convicted?

... seems to me td bank is desperate for quick cash and they're illegally confiscating cash from (supposedly) easy political targets to make up for the shortfall ...
No, they're just following a law that they must comply with, lest they be subject to sanction themselves.

I noted that they have attempted to open some accounts of some the affected, if they can. But they will have to justify why they are subject to the Economic Measures Act.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... it's funny how in other international jurisdictions td bank gets prosecuted and convicted of fraud. yet in canada td bank has actually been recruited by the harper government to strong arm and commit crime against innocent parties ...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... it's funny how in other international jurisdictions td bank gets prosecuted and convicted of fraud. yet in canada td bank has actually been recruited by the harper government to strong arm and commit crime against innocent parties ...
They were convicted?

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
They were convicted?
... it's not a question of were they convicted? the question is how many times were they convicted?

... this is an instance of the transformers being deployed by the government. when a war breaks out you see these supposedly neutral, peaceful institutions like the banks suddenly transform into instruments of terror as has happened with td bank ...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... it's not a question of were they convicted? the question is how many times were they convicted?
No it's a question of 'were they convicted'.

Simply because of your own standards. Although, I'm going out on a limb here, I bet you don't know how.

... this is an instance of the transformers being deployed by the government. when a war breaks out you see these supposedly neutral, peaceful institutions like the banks suddenly transform into instruments of terror as has happened with td bank ...
Sure, if you say so.

I imagine there were mistakes made. But they were following implemented legislated acts. They really don't have a choice.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
... in many instances the accounts are being closed for no other reason than td bank didn't receive a reply to a letter. that doesn't constitute legal grounds to seize privately-owned cash and close accounts ...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... in many instances the accounts are being closed for no other reason than td bank didn't receive a reply to a letter. that doesn't constitute legal grounds to seize privately-owned cash and close accounts ...
Under the Economic measures Act, it can be.

Like I said, mistakes happen. TD is attempting to reopen accounts that may have been closed in error. Given the wording of SEMA, I can understand how the mistakes were made.

By the way, the bank doesn't hold seized funds. The gov't does. The bank just happens to be the middleman.

Welcome to the real world.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I guess you must have missed the first paragraph where it stated the closings were government ordered.

wizard

Time Out
Nov 18, 2011
Welcome to the real world.
... here's the real world for you: read all about a recent td bank fraud conviction to the tune of $67 million dollars at this link HERE ...

... yes, td bank has been found guilty of perpetrating serious fraud on an international level ...

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

So you spoke with every Iranian in Canada- man you are a talker.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
... here's the real world for you: read all about a recent td bank fraud conviction to the tune of $67 million dollars at this link HERE ...
That's not a conviction.

They were found liable, guilty, of culpability in a civil suit.

Which of course brings us back to your own mangled standards, lol.

... yes, td bank has been found guilty of perpetrating serious fraud on an international level ...
No, they were found guilty of being party to. The person found guilty of committing the fraud is serving a 50 year sentnce for it, lol.

Now that's reality.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Funny that is not what the link you posted said at all.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Say here is a new Avatar for you Wizard.. thought you would like it..