Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
The Inside Story: Female genital mutilation

06/26/2012 | CityNews.ca Staff
Share on tweet

Video
The Inside Story: Female genital mutilation

WARNING: SOME MAY FIND THE CONTENT OF THIS STORY DISTURBING

Female genital mutilation is endured by an estimated 140 million women and girls around the world - often resulting in death and devastating physical and psychological scars.

The Ontario Human Rights Commission says there is evidence that the practice is happening illegally in Canada and Ontario.

One woman, who was raised in Nigeria, Africa and is now living in Toronto, sat down with Avery Haines to share her horrific experiences with female circumcision.

The Inside Story: Female genital mutilation - CityNews

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
No it is cultural not religious based.

I was going to give a big answer, but was getting pretty offensive in the wording just explaining it.

Lack of Education between the terms: Sex, Love, Prostitution, Promiscuous, and Self-control, and their societal preceptions behind all these words and concepts.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I don't know, but male genital mutilation is alive and well in Canada, nobody bats an eye.

Not qute as hazerdous tho' I would guess and usually done in a hospital - not on a "...bench in the back yard with a used razor blade"

JMO

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Not qute as hazerdous tho' I would guess and usually done in a hospital - not on a "...bench in the back yard with a used razor blade"

JMO

But, some children still die. Sophisticated medical techneques don't make mutilations right. But, it gives some the licence to sniff.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Any thoughts about male genital mutilation?

neither one should be allowed in any part of the world, the human was born a certain way,
and should stay that way, it is natural and allows the person to live on the way they were born,
unless of course the child needs corrective surgery because of a deformity, that does not allow
he/she to have normal physical growth.

I do not understand any of these horrid beliefs for either sex, I feel sorry that many humans
get caught up in beliefs that go so far as to mutilate themselves.

My dad, brother and husband all were part of that culture, I only had girls, and if anyone had
even suggested any such thing about them, they would have been sorry, and my grandchildren, both
girls and boys have not gone under the knife for any such prehistoric procedure, and hopefully
that procedure in canada and many other places in the world is becoming less acceptable.

what the hell is matter with the human race.