One of The Real Conspiracies - Smart Meters

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
I was looking into this last night and came across this letter of liability that can be sent to a power company to stop the installation of a Smart Meter on the property of a home owner. It also can be modified to have a meter removed from the property. It will also have to be modified for use in Canada (EPA - Health Canada).

I was interested so I asked about renters and if landlords could be held liable. The concensus was 'yes'. I will post the responce to my question then the letter.

"The landlord is simply a liable party, obligated and subject to lawsuit for allowing an unlawful and unsafe meter to be installed on your living space. Keep record (date and time) of any harm, health effects and legal problems caused by the meter. The landlord must pay for it all."

I modified this copy already for non-concent only.

"
Energy Customer's Name
Street Address
City Province Postal Code

To:
Energy Provider
Street Address
City Province Postal Code

Date of letter

NOTICE OF NO CONSENT TO TRESPASS AND SURVEILLANCE, NOTICE OF LIABILITY

Dear (Energy Provider) and all agents, officers, employees, contractors and interested parties,

If you intend to install a "Smart Meter" or any activity monitoring device at the above address, you and all other parties are hereby denied consent for installation and use of all such devices on the above property. Installation and use of any activity monitoring device is hereby refused and prohibited. Informed consent is legally required for installation of any surveillance device and any device that will collect and transmit private and personal data to undisclosed and unauthorized parties for undisclosed and unauthorized purposes. Authorization for sharing of personal and private information may only be given by the originator and subject of that information. That authorization is hereby denied and refused with regard to the above property and all its occupants. "Smart Meters" and digital meters violate the law and cause endangerment to residents by the following factors:
1. They individually identify electrical devices inside the home and record when they are operated causing invasion of privacy.
2. They monitor household activity and occupancy in violation of rights and domestic security.
3. They transmit wireless signals which may be intercepted by unauthorized and unknown parties. Those signals can be used to monitor behavior and occupancy and they can be used by criminals to aid criminal activity against the occupants.
4. Data about occupant's daily habits and activities are collected, recorded and stored in permanent databases which are accessed by parties not authorized or invited to know and share that private data by those who's activities were recorded.
5. Those with access to the smart meter databases can review a permanent history of household activities complete with calendar and time-of-day metrics to gain a highly invasive and detailed view of the lives of the occupants.
6. Those databases may be shared with, or fall into the hands of criminals, blackmailers, corrupt law enforcement, private hackers of wireless transmissions, power company employees, and other unidentified parties who may act against the interests of the occupants under metered surveillance.
7. "Smart Meters" are, by definition, surveillance devices which violate Federal and Provincial wiretapping laws by recording and storing databases of private and personal activities and behaviors without the consent or knowledge of those people who are monitored.
8. It is possible for example, with analysis of certain "Smart Meter" data, for unauthorized and distant parties to determine medical conditions, sexual activities, physical locations of persons within the home, vacancy patterns and personal information and habits of the occupants.
9. Your company has not adequately disclosed the particular recording and transmission capabilities of the smart meter, or the extent of the data that will be recorded, stored and shared, or the purposes to which the data will and will not be put.
10. Electromagnetic and Radio Frequency energy contamination from smart meters exceeds allowable safe and healthful limits for domestic environments as determined by Health Canada and other scientific programs.

I forbid, refuse and deny consent of any installation and use of any monitoring, eavesdropping, and surveillance devices on my property, my place of residence and my place of occupancy. That applies to and includes "Smart Meters" and activity monitoring devices of any and all kinds. Any attempt to install any such device directed at me, other occupants, my property or residence will constitute trespass, stalking, wiretapping and unlawful surveillance and endangerment of health and safety, all prohibited and punishable by law through criminal and civil complaints. All persons, government agencies and private organizations responsible for installing or operating monitoring devices directed at or recording my activities, which I have not specifically authorized in writing, will be fully liable for a fee of $100,000.00 for any violations, intrusions, harm or negative consequences caused or made possible by those devices whether those negative consequences are provided by "law" or not.

This is legal notice. After this delivery the liabilities listed above may not be denied or avoided by parties named and implied in this notice. Civil Servant immunities and protections do not apply to the installation of smart meters due to the criminal violations they represent.

Notice to principal is notice to agent and notice to agent is notice to principal. All rights reserved.

Signature

"

Last edited:

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
So some secret database somewhere is going to risk leaking the knowledge that I turn my lights on at night, and only run my air conditioner on hot days.

Hmmm. I think I won't lose any sleep.

Now, if you come up with a form allowing me to threaten my credit card company for tracking what I buy, and keeping them from billing me....then you got my attention. :)

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
So some secret database somewhere is going to risk leaking the knowledge that I turn my lights on at night, and only run my air conditioner on hot days.

Hmmm. I think I won't lose any sleep.

Now, if you come up with a form allowing me to threaten my credit card company for tracking what I buy, and keeping them from billing me....then you got my attention. :)

One real good example was a guy in Vancouver area who raised tropical fish. The high power comsumption showed on the meter and the power company informed the police. They raided the guys home with a search warrant looking for pot.

Man's home 'invaded' by government search of fish tanks - British Columbia - CBC News

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Profiling purchases to target ads, spam email or bulk mail is not common place.. unfortunately. You're right, it would be nice to stop the tracking.

I think your cable companies and Internet companies do the same thing.. following what you watch or surf.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
One real good example was a guy in Vancouver area who raised tropical fish. The high power comsumption showed on the meter and the power company informed the police. They raided the guys home with a search warrant looking for pot.

Man's home 'invaded' by government search of fish tanks - British Columbia - CBC News

Hate to break your tin hat bubble but Hydro has been doing that for several years before smart meters came in. In fact there is legislation requiring them to do so. BC Hydro itself has no problem with grow ops as long as they pay for their power they are valued customers. Those that bypass meters are not only stealing power but creating a safety hazard as well.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Smart Meters....I wish I had one.

I'm sitting at home, waiting for my ride for my 3hr+ commute to work.
I checked my voicemails, & listened to one from Saskpower stating
that I haven't been billed (mailed a bill) since February of this year
'cuz they need to read my meter.

Pardon? So I called them, & let them know the hours that I keep, &
those of my kids. They don't read meters weekdays before 7am or
after 5pm or on lunch-hours or on weekends at all. "Normally" I
would have been contacted but it doesn't seem to have happened
in this case I was told. Becouse it states "dogs on premises" on
their files, they didn't come out to read the meter. Ok, whatever....

I hate to say it, but I honestly didn't notice that I hadn't received a bill.
Normally, I get them & I just pay them online. Whoops...

I read her the meter reading, and she did some calculations, & figures
that I've been overcharged monthly on the estimates (I'm told my last
"actual" reading was back in 2010) and though I haven't been sent a
bill since February....I would only owe about $100 in usage, and maybe
another $100 in fees. I got off the phone & sent them $300 within the
minute. Told her I was home right now (doesn't happen often on a
weekday) but I was leaving within the hour....but it's the whole
"don't read meters on the lunchhours" thing again.

They're still going to send someone out, during their hours, to verify my
reading. I told them to rattle my gate first....make damn sure they where
not going to be greeted at my gate by my dogs, and to be very sure that
they close the gate behind them.

CanadianLove

Electoral Member
Feb 7, 2009
Something tells me that if we had Smart Meters, you wouldn't register.

Say what you want, because I know you will be reaching the age of extermination soon. Then it will be Headaches and pains and big horse pills to plug up your liver and kidneys. And after you die we can say you drank too much and watched too close to the TV.