Annexation of Canada to the United States of America.

51% of Canadians voted YES to join USA.

• Would ou fight for Canadian Sovereignty, by any means..

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Leave Canada

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Nope, join the USA and spread butt cheeks

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • other..

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Had the vote on Quebec sovereignty gone differently. It could have seceded from Canada without bloodshed.

Annexation.ca

O.K. this is an interesting topic.. Annexation of Canada to the United States of America, of course without bloodshed..

I don't know, how many CC Members here, if Canada had a vote today to join the United States today and 51% of Canadians voted YES!!!

Who here would pick up arms to fight for Canada sovereignty? With a gun if necessary?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'd be opposed to the USA annexing Canada, but a union on equal terms I could go for.

I prefer Canada's parliamentary system overall, though I could see the Governor General being replaced by a weak executive president elected by parliament or something else of the sort.

I might be open to adopting the US Constitution wholesale as long as we are treated equally (i.e. whatever standard they use for representaiotn in government woudl apply to us too), and that it be a willing union without coertion (i.e. both countries' governments meet the Constitutional requirements of their respective countries to adopt the new common cosntitution).

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Annexation.ca

O.K. this is an interesting topic.. Annexation of Canada to the United States of America, of course without bloodshed..

I don't know, how many CC Members here, if Canada had a vote today to join the United States today and 51% of Canadians voted YES!!!

Who here would pick up arms to fight for Canada sovereignty? With a gun if necessary?
What exactly does my opinion on the peaceful secession of Quebec have to do with your OP?

Are you looking for my attention again?

You know how that always ends.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think we already are, except for the formalities!

Remove the formalities and it would sure eliminate the costs at both sides of the border.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Annexation.ca

You are joking, right. We don't want your debt or your blood sport politics. Besides:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
What exactly does my opinion on the peaceful secession of Quebec have to do with your OP?

Are you looking for my attention again?

You know how that always ends.

Oh now, come on, take it easy. I found your statement odd.

Personally, as a Canadian I would not stand idly by while Quebec tries to break up Canada, nor would a stand idly by if the USA tried to take Canada..

I doubt you would either.. or maybe I'm wrong.. did you vote "bend over and spread butt cheeks." ??

If 70% + of Canadian said yes, then I think I would move to the UK or Australia. 51%, hell 60%.. I would say no way, any way.

I have lived 16 plus years of my life in the USA, and I would still fight for a sovereign Canada.

[youtube]SYAB9mK6n0A[/youtube]

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You are joking, right. We don't want your debt or your blood sport politics. Besides:

Of course a new union could include certain modifications to eliminate the blood sport politics, maybe some limits on the size of the military, etc. along with USA paying off debt first.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
No doubt, given the fact that you confused the belligerence of external communities, for secession at the end of a weapon.

...and as usual you twisted the whole statement upside down.

They were going to protest secession at the end of a weapon. In short, if Quebec separates, they would have stopped the flow of goods and people from entering/leaving "Canada"..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
...and as usual you twisted the whole statement upside down.
No I didn't.

You first implied that secession can't be done without bleeding for it.

External communities using violence to protest peaceful secession, doesn't apply. I figured you understood that when you conceded to it in the other thread.

They were going to protest secession at the end of a weapon.
Your claim aside, that isn't seceding at the end of a weapon.

That's the petty acts of people that do not support the fundamental human rights of others.

In short, if Quebec separates, they would have stopped the flow of goods and people from entering/leaving "Canada"..
Again, nothing to do with peaceful secession.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
sorry pal, I see to many similarities to the two below flags, not a big believer of any kind of peaceful succession.... ;-)

I see similarities in them as well. But that doesn't negate the fact that Quebec was on it's way to peaceful secession.

I'll cite the fact that they accepted the outcome of the referendum, without resorting to violence, as evidence supporting my position.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'll cite the fact that they accepted the outcome of the referendum, without resorting to violence, as evidence supporting my position.

Yet if the vote would have gone the other way, I think there would have been lot's of violence. Just happens they voted to stay in Canada.

If they voted to leave Jacques Parizeau would have been Canada's Marie Antoinette.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
If the majority of Canadians suddenly became brain dead and voted to join the united states of america..... I would be heading for NZ or Australia.

Last edited by a moderator:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If the majority of Canadians suddenly became brain dead and voted to join the united states of america..... I would be heading for NZ or Australia.

Hey, Ger, don't get fooled by the old adage "far fields look greener". People is people, most are alright some are sh*theads! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Hey, Ger, don't get fooled by the old adage "far fields look greener". People is people, most are alright some are sh*theads! :lol:

If I wanted to be an american...I'd move to the states. I like being a subject of Her Royal Majesty.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If I wanted to be an american...I'd move to the states. I like being a subject of Her Royal Majesty.

Probably not much to worry about in our life time. U.S. is on the ropes so they won't be buying us anytime soon.