Mom gouges out son's eyes during ritual

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Mom gouges out son's eyes during ritual

REUTERS

First posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:24 PM EDT | Updated: Friday, May 25, 2012 07:28 AM EDT

Medical personnel transport a young boy, whose eyes had been gouged out, to the hospital after he had been brought in by helicopter in Mexico City May 24, 2012. (Alejandro Dias/REUTERS)

MEXICO CITY - A mother in Mexico has been arrested on suspicion of gouging out the eyes of her 5-year-old son during a ceremony.
Police said on Thursday they had arrested seven people, including the boy’s parents, after his eyeballs were pulled out during the ritual in Nezahualcoyotl, a working-class neighborhood on the eastern flank of Mexico City.
“There was some kind of ceremony inside a house,” said Laura Uribe, a spokesperson for state prosecutors in the State of Mexico, a populous region that borders much of the capital.
She did not give details of what the ritual involved.
The mother is believed to have removed the eyes with her bare hands because the boy refused to close them during the ceremony, police told a news conference.
Officers found the mutilated boy in the house on Thursday morning, before rushing him to a hospital in Mexico City for treatment.

Mom gouges out son's eyes during ritual | Weird | News | Toronto Sun

i can't imagine how painful that was.:shock:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's one of those I really shouldn't laugh but oh my god, that's so bad it's good, lol.
I'm a terrible human being, my go basket, is packet at the door.

On a more serious note though, this 'person' is no mother. She's a monster. That poor kid.
Tis the downside of fundamental religious beliefs.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Figure you're going to cross that permanent line one day eh? Lol, well at least you're prepared.

That goes well beyond any normal human beings definition of religious beliefs and well into the realm of madness. It wasn't, I don't think, a ritual for the religion, it was essentially because he wasn't behaving during a ritual.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Figure you're going to cross that permanent line one day eh? Lol, well at least you're prepared.
Always.

That goes well beyond any normal human beings definition of religious beliefs and well into the realm of madness. It wasn't, I don't think, a ritual for the religion, it was essentially because he wasn't behaving during a ritual.
Nah, I think it's safe to blame this on religious fundamentalism.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
To me this is the same kind of mentality of a parent who pours scalding water on their kid "to teach them a lesson". Honestly, the fact that they were in the middle of a religious ritual is probably incidental.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
To me this is the same kind of mentality of a parent who pours scalding water on their kid "to teach them a lesson". Honestly, the fact that they were in the middle of a religious ritual is probably incidental.
Maybe. I wonder if it will end up in the statement of defence.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Who can say? I think if it was on trial in the U.S. or Canada, it would definitely be part of the defence. It would be a lame part but it would be there.

At least in the US she would get two consec. life terms.

In Canada,,,,,,,,,,,mehhhh; time served and community work....30 days probation

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I have to nitpick your statement, because it's not unique to religion. Every day, all across the world, kids die because of control freaks. The excuses I've heard for parents doing **** like this to their kids are too many to count.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have to nitpick your statement, because it's not unique to religion. Every day, all across the world, kids die because of control freaks. The excuses I've heard for parents doing **** like this to their kids are too many to count.
fair enough.