Rick Mercer for Prime Minister

View Poll Results: Do you think Rick Mercer would be a good PM?
Yes 8 57.14%
No 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

B00Mer
One fifth of Canadians want Rick Mercer to be Prime Minister

VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - The latest political poll puts Rick Mercer on top, followed by Don Cherry. News1130 is on the street looking at who Canadians feel would be best for the job of Prime Minister (other than those currently campaigning, of course).

A survey by Monster.ca says number one, at 22 per cent, is funny man Rick Mercer. Voters say he's not just funny, "He has balls, that man. He has a good head on his shoulders. I'd like to see someone with a sense of humour up there," says Cory.

Hockey loudmouth Don Cherry has 11 per cent support. "I'll roll with Cherry. He's a good Kingston boy and I'm a Kingston guy myself," admits Jack.

Steven says he's more of a hockey fan than a Rick Mercer fan, so he would vote for Cherry. "He's not afraid to voice his opinion. I guess he's charismatic and outspoken. But he's a little bit headstrong so I'm not sure how he'd fare."

Hockey golden boy Sidney Crosby had 10 per cent support and, despite his popularity with swooning tweenies, Justin Bieber trailed at just one percent. Baby, baby, baby, oh! He will be old enough to vote next year.

source: One fifth of Canadians want Rick Mercer to be Prime Minister - News1130 (external - login to view)

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I am one of those 1/5 I guess.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rick-...02397419779696 (external - login to view)

taxslave
+1
Being famous is not necessarily a desirable trait for a PM. Look how the US fared with ronnie raygun.

relic
In three years you may be surprised who you'd vote for to get rid of ol' smarmy face

WLDB
He might be ok. But good luck convincing him to make a run. I'll doubt he'll ever stand for any political office.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by relicView Post

In three years you may be surprised who you'd vote for to get rid of ol' smarmy face

What makes u think anyone wants to get rid of Harper?

L Gilbert
+2
#6  Top Rated Post
I think Mercer would do ok, but I think he's too intelligent to run.

WLDB
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I do. I imagine the opposition and a good portion of their constituents do as well. Otherwise the Conservatives would have won all of the seats.

MHz
He should be made to give the rest of Air Farce high positions of power, I'm pretty sure every Province had at least one Representative there that had their thumb on the pulse of the way things really worked.

B00Mer
Mercer is brave and say's how it is, he is truly patriotic and intelligent. It would be a change to actually have someone in politics with those qualities.

Yup; would be a nice change from the typical self serving, cover your ***, political power grabbing politician.

Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!! I have been sent by God to represent you poor Canadian peasants. Your savior is here.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Mercer is brave and say's how it is, he is truly patriotic and intelligent. It would be a change to actually have someone in politics with those qualities.

Same qualities JFK had, .... need I say more??
Perhaps the Harpster will treat the country like he does his hair some wild colonial day. He's certainly in the right position to stab somebody in the back, don't see why it has to be us.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

At only 37% of people approving of Harper, I would say 63% of people would like to see the schmuck hit the road.

Bar Sinister
+1
A couple of interesting choices. A wit and a halfwit. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

petros
+2
The current flammer burns blue.

Hate me now, love me when it settles in.

B00Mer
Just don't forget to get your T-shirt to promote the idea

RICK MERCER for Prime Minister Tee Shirts at Zazzle.ca (external - login to view)

...and he loves puppies..

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Perhaps the Harpster will treat the country like he does his hair some wild colonial day. He's certainly in the right position to stab somebody in the back, don't see why it has to be us.

Was JFK gay as well?

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

I'd say thats another point for Mercer.

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

I'd say thats another point for Mercer.

You got my thumbs up for that statement WLBD.

This was filmed March 29, 2011, before the RoboCall scam.. if he only new how targeted we would be from the Conservatives. lol