My point of view

oceandeep
For God so love the world, why did he allow the continuous power growth of the vatican and left majority of the people suffer?

gerryh
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
I think I know where this is gonna go, but will sit back for a bit and let the rope out first.

trust me.... If this is going where I think it is going... you're gonna wish you didn't give me that thumbs up.

oceandeep
i've already regret it before i gave my thumbs up....i'll just have to sit back and wait for a person's point of view....

gerryh
well...why don't you put yours out there... or are you just trolling?

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by oceandeepView Post

For God so love the world, why did he allow the continuous power growth of the vatican and left majority of the people suffer?

Ah - Attack those dammed Christians I say. Never ever been discussed here before. You had a regular brainstorm to come up with that OP. Man we are so dumb, no one ever thought of that before. We are really in need of more intelligent OP's and are waiting patiently.

Please enlighten us.

gerryh
+2
Ok...I'll give my opinion... my opinion is that you are just another troll who enjoys bashing Christians. You go from forum to forum, bashing Christians untill you are banned and then move on to the next forum. Guess what, it ain't gonna work at this forum, I'll tear you a new one faster than you can type.

oceandeep
Hey gerry, as what i used in my heading " my point of view " or should i better say it, a question that i want an answer from people here in the cc....i didn't oblige you to answer if you wereirritated by the fact that you pressumed i'm a troll or i'm just posting a senseless and provocative issue....i am christian but i don't practice it and i stopped going to church when i saw and realised that that if i really wanted for my soul to be saved, i should direct my prayers to God....If i did not made myselkf clear, then i don't think i owe you explanation since you've already judge me withour proper trial....Thank You anyway, for your thoughts.

Isn't it that the church and its deciples should focus solely on the empowerment of the spiritual aspects? then why they appear in most if not all government talks?

gerryh

Isn't it that the church and its deciples should focus solely on the empowerment of the spiritual aspects? then why they appear in most if not all government talks?

and what government talks would that be?

Niflmir

Look up apologetics. Then shake your head in dismay. Then find more illuminating discussion points.

Don't worry, I'm a recovering Catholic.

oceandeep
hey Niflmir..... thanks for that good word......i don't worry at all because afterall, it wasn't a provocative motive....i just want to know a person's point of view....but we cannot expect for good feedback always.

gerryh
answer the question.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

answer the question.

Maybe you should say please.

Niflmir
+1

hey Niflmir..... thanks for that good word......i don't worry at all because afterall, it wasn't a provocative motive....i just want to know a person's point of view....but we cannot expect for good feedback always.

You will always get the same answers. That is why I say to just look it up, no need to pretend that it is a debate. My view is that the Vatican is a corporation. If you view them like that, then everything else makes sense.

oceandeep
Quote: Originally Posted by NiflmirView Post

You will always get the same answers. That is why I say to just look it up, no need to pretend that it is a debate. My view is that the Vatican is a corporation. If you view them like that, then everything else makes sense.

a very huge corporation....

Niflmir
But yeah, to me that is a fundamental contradiction with the idea of a good god and with the way the world actually is. The typical Christian apologetics answer that I hear on the topic is that we do not understand the meaning of good. Which doesn't make any sense, seeing as we invented the concept of goodness.

oceandeep
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Maybe you should say please.

etiquette now is rare...

Cannuck

etiquette now is rare...

Especially from Gerry as you will realize soon enough. I guess etiquette is not something often discussed in church.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Especially from Gerry as you will realize soon enough.

Or from you, as oceandeep will likely learn soon enough.

I blame your admitted stupidity, for your blatant hypocrisy.

Post #1565716 - Re: My point of view (external - login to view) Bad Cannuck

Keep crying little Jimmy.

Dexter Sinister

It's not just the Vatican, no religion has ever produced an adequate explanation for human suffering. The simplest explanation is that god is a human invention and has no reality except as an idea. That's my point of view.

B00Mer
+1
The original post should be..

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

..and living on the earth is a test..

oceandeep
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

It's not just the Vatican, no religion has ever produced an adequate explanation for human suffering. The simplest explanation is that god is a human invention and has no reality except as an idea. That's my point of view.

Hello Dexter.....that's why i posted my point of view to know others thoughts......thanks for sharing yours.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Or from you, as oceandeep will likely learn soon enough.

I blame your admitted stupidity, for your blatant hypocrisy.

Post #1565716 - Re: My point of view (external - login to view) Bad Cannuck

Keep crying little Jimmy.

stupidity is less harmful when admitted rather than those people who believe they are not but shows they perfectly are.

TenPenny

Let's see, based on your post, we have to consider the following questions, in order:

1 - Is there a God?
2 - Does he 'love the world'?
3 - Did he allow the 'continuous power growth of the vatican'?
4 - Did the majority of the people suffer?

Based on No 1, I'd say that your post is meaningless. Others may differ, and get further down the list.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Adequate? I guess some people believe that we are removed or separated from God and that is where the suffering comes in. Once we find our way back to God, the suffering ends. My problem with that explanation is that it makes God (if he/she does exist) a petty little prick.

That is the problem I have with most of the major religions. I seriously doubt an all-knowing, all-seeing omnipotent being really needs anything from me. Worship me or I'll smite you is such a childish way for the lord of the universe to behave. I doubt his/her ego would be so fragile.

DaSleeper
+3
Easter is coming...they're coming out of the woodwork....as I predicted... like cockroaches

Another drive-by from our local twit...

Post #1565766 - Re: My point of view-------Bad------Cannuck
Last edited by DaSleeper; Mar 25th, 2012 at 07:51 PM..

Sparrow
+1
Here goes. I believe in God but have lost my belief in the church. God gave us FREE WILL to choose the road we take. Also it is why he will not interfere whatever road someone chooses bad or good. We were born with free will and a brain to use as we decide, the problem is some make bad decisions. Often they don't start off with very good intentions but along the way, sometimes due to outside influence they deviate from their initial path and just keep going down that road.

God doesn't let anything happen it is the human that is the cause, just look at religion.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Easter is coming...they're coming out of the woodwork....as I predicted... like cockroaches

Another drive-by from our local twit...

Post #1565766 - Re: My point of view-------Bad------Cannuck

yup.

Dexter Sinister
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SparrowView Post

...the problem is some make bad decisions.

Not that simple.

Sam Harris vs William Lane Craig the best response ever theUKatheist - YouTube

gopher
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Ok...I'll give my opinion... my opinion is that you are just another troll who enjoys bashing Christians. You go from forum to forum, bashing Christians untill you are banned and then move on to the next forum. Guess what, it ain't gonna work at this forum, I'll tear you a new one faster than you can type.

Bashing Christians? It's called equal time.

After all, bashing Muslims is not unusual here:

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...islam-yet.html (external - login to view)

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Bashing Christians? It's called equal time.

After all, bashing Muslims is not unusual here:

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...islam-yet.html (external - login to view)

and that makes it all right to bash other religions?

oceandeep
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Let's see, based on your post, we have to consider the following questions, in order:

1 - Is there a God?
2 - Does he 'love the world'?
3 - Did he allow the 'continuous power growth of the vatican'?
4 - Did the majority of the people suffer?

Based on No 1, I'd say that your post is meaningless. Others may differ, and get further down the list.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I am not questioning God's existence if i have to clear myself here....thank you.