the train that derailed into crowsnest lake a while ago?

machinery

Mar 25, 2012
I grew up in the crowsnestpass and i was surrounded by rumors of a train that fell ino the lake because of the cliff collapsing. It was also said that they had illegal rum on board and its still down there (that might just be a rumor though cause the barrels should have broken down) i have searched everywhere and i can only find a few articles on it. Its something major, people died who were on the train, wouldnt that make a few headlines in newspapers a long time ago or somebody reseaching it? I don't know why im so interested in it, it might be the lack of interest thats got me hooked. Its odd. If you have any info on it or any links to an article on it, it would be helpful. :)

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I grew up in the crowsnestpass and i was surrounded by rumors of a train that fell ino the lake because of the cliff collapsing. It was also said that they had illegal rum on board and its still down there (that might just be a rumor though cause the barrels should have broken down) i have searched everywhere and i can only find a few articles on it. Its something major, people died who were on the train, wouldnt that make a few headlines in newspapers a long time ago or somebody reseaching it? I don't know why im so interested in it, it might be the lack of interest thats got me hooked. Its odd. If you have any info on it or any links to an article on it, it would be helpful. :)

Oh it is there but there is no rum on board,you can see it on a sunny day by climbing the cliffs above the tracks where it went in the lake,right above the big cave which also has a different history to it.

Diver uncovers submerged artifacts of forgotten Alberta communities