Money squandered by G.G. vs. money squandered in the north.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Before getting too judgmental about money squandered in Attawapiskat people should take a gander at this site

Our Fake Queen

JLM look at the dates on some of that material. This was some time ago and those trips by the G.G. were made at the behest of the PM.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM look at the dates on some of that material. This was some time ago and those trips by the G.G. were made at the behest of the PM.

The dates aren't that much earlier than the $90 million was spent. I think any squandering in the 21st century is relevant. The fact that it was at the behest of the P.M. makes it worse not better. He should know better.

Did you actually read this or just go with the buzz? This is so beyond the Best before Date.

The incident re travelling to Finland is very fresh in my mind so I went looking for it just to make sure it was as bad as I thought it was. :smile:

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If you dig just a little bit you will find massive amounts of taxpayers money squandered in all departments of all levels of government.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The dates aren't that much earlier than the $90 million was spent. I think any squandering in the 21st century is relevant. The fact that it was at the behest of the P.M. makes it worse not better. He should know better.

The incident re travelling to Finland is very fresh in my mind so I went looking for it just to make sure it was as bad as I thought it was. :smile:

JLM what do you think the Governor General's job is?

• Awards are given for achievements in sports. The governor general represents Canada in state visits out of the country and receives royal visitors, other heads of state and foreign ambassadors at her two official Canadian residences: Rideau Hall in Ottawa and the Citadelle in Quebec City. The governor general presents various awards in recognition of the achievements of exceptional Canadians. Since confederation, the Office of the Governor General has established more than 60 awards and trophies for excellence in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sports.These honors include the Order of Canada for lifetime achievement, the Caring Canadian Award for volunteerism, the Northern Medal for achievements related to the Canadian North as well as decorations for bravery.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM what do you think the Governor General's job is?

• Awards are given for achievements in sports. The governor general represents Canada in state visits out of the country and receives royal visitors, other heads of state and foreign ambassadors at her two official Canadian residences: Rideau Hall in Ottawa and the Citadelle in Quebec City. The governor general presents various awards in recognition of the achievements of exceptional Canadians. Since confederation, the Office of the Governor General has established more than 60 awards and trophies for excellence in the arts, humanities, social sciences and sports.These honors include the Order of Canada for lifetime achievement, the Caring Canadian Award for volunteerism, the Northern Medal for achievements related to the Canadian North as well as decorations for bravery.

Monarch's representative.

Her job description includes "travelling across Canada".....................not tear assing off to Finland with over 50 parasites along for the trip! :smile:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Does Finland owe its independence to wartime Germany?
PS
It was an effort to use the alternate adjective "wartime."

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Monarch's representative.

Her job description includes "travelling across Canada".....................not tear assing off to Finland with over 50 parasites along for the trip! :smile:

Obviously you don't know.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Maybe my memory is flagging but it was a big news story several years ago and I did pay fairly close attention at the time. It was a desecration. :smile:

Oh Bullsh-t! Read a bit about Canada's political workings. Any traveling the Governor General does is at the behest of the prime minister who is the G.G.'s direct boss.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Oh Bullsh-t! Read a bit about Canada's political workings. Any traveling the Governor General does is at the behest of the prime minister who is the G.G.'s direct boss.

Not saying much for him is it? :smile:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Government wastage will never cease to annoy me, even at the most basic level. I have a girlfriend at the Legislature who works in the tech department, and the stories of members and what they pull with their electronic devices would drive you mad. No other job you are hired for would you dare to lose your electronics, turn them in and demand the more popular brands/models, or abuse your rate plans, in the sheer volume at which legislative members do. But because it's 'nickel and diming', we ignore it.

The gg should be spending only what's necessary, and shuold know their spending IS our business.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

You're entitled to your opinion #Juan but it's not a reason to denigrate someone elses! I spent most of yesterday tangling a$$holes with a guy who is like that. :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You're entitled to your opinion #Juan but it's not a reason to denigrate someone elses! I spent most of yesterday tangling a$$holes with a guy who is like that. :lol:

That's some kinky **** JLM, did you really need to share?