Pizza a vegetable

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Now ask my why I think americans are retarded.Who else would pass a law making pizza a vegetable,and to say that to not pass it would be bad for the republic.Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea,in a country where obesity in children is rampant.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Who would pass a law? Those who want to be able to sell pizza in schools and have it funded as a vegetable.

Morgan Spurlock made a lot of sense.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
What do you expect when you let the government feed your kids in a country that doesn't want to pay taxes? You think the government will be able to feed the children well? Potatoes and ketchup also count as vegetables for the purposes of public school feed troughs btw.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
The standard pizza in Canada is atrocious. I used to dislike eating pizza because of how greasy the cheese usually is. Now that I know what proper mozzarella is, my opinions have changed.

Pizza can be a really healthy food when it is made in the traditional fashion from: flour, yeast, stewed tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil and a pinch or three of salt.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Now ask my why I think americans are retarded.Who else would pass a law making pizza a vegetable,and to say that to not pass it would be bad for the republic.Who in their right mind would think this is a good idea,in a country where obesity in children is rampant.
Pizza is NOT a vegetable. Learn to freaking read. Pizza sauce, which is tomato sauce with some spices added, IS A VEGETABLE.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pizza sauce is not a vegetable, it is a sauce. Made from fruits and vegetables (tomatoes are not vegetables, they are fruit).

A sauce is not a vegetable.
Neither is a Pop-Tart but some assholes think it counts as a portion of fruit for the day.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Our homemade pizzas could probably qualify as a vegetable since along with the homemade tomato sauce there are mushrooms and peppers. And no yeast.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Pizza a vegetable? I wouldn't classify it as food! :lol: I'll bet there's at least 7 or 8 pizza joints in Vernon alone. No wonder every second person is fat and 2 out of 3 are probably constipated.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Pizza sauce is not a vegetable, it is a sauce. Made from fruits and vegetables (tomatoes are not vegetables, they are fruit).

A sauce is not a vegetable.

Tomatoes may be fruits but they taste like vegetables and sauce is a vegetable if the McCain folks say so.:lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hmm perhaps we can now name poutine a vegetable. :p

Under the US classification for school lunches poutine would count as vegetable, as they included potatoes so that they could feed the kids 'vegetables' for less money. And the ketchup would be a second serving of vegetables.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Under the US classification for school lunches poutine would count as vegetable, as they included potatoes so that they could feed the kids 'vegetables' for less money. And the ketchup would be a second serving of vegetables.

Makes sense, they are not animal or mineral! :smile:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

The thing that really gets me is that they're using a fruit to justify calling pizza (or hypothetically poutine) as a vegetable.