World's most expensive camper van

Cliffy
Not sure if this is the right place for this but:

World's Most Expensive Campervan (external - login to view)

The world's most expensive [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]motorhome (external - login to view) is up for sale - with a price tag of 1.9million.
Austrian company Marchi Mobile is behind the 40ft long palace on wheels, called the eleMMent palazzo, which comes complete with a pop-up roof terrace measuring 215 sq ft, underfloor heating and a bar.
The space-age vehicle has a huge master bedroom with 40-inch TV, an en suite bathroom, rainfall shower, separate toilet, lounge (external - login to view) and driver's cab complete with bunk bed.

Last edited by shadowshiv; Nov 17th, 2011 at 01:29 AM..

shadowshiv
If I had that kind of money to burn, I certainly wouldn't spend it on that monstrosity. If I was rich, I would like all the toys I could get, but that is one toy that I wouldn't even want to bring out of the box. It is one of the fugliest things I have ever seen.

VanIsle
There are a lot of motorhomes around (used ones) that to me, are a lot nicer than that one and carry a price tag that almost anyone could afford. I cannot see what is quite so special about this one. It looks cold and un-welcoming where as the ones we were looking at (and I stress the looking as opposed to possible searching) were warm and inviting. Since we do own a travel trailer it's natural to have a look sometimes at what's out there. It's actually quite amazing to see what is out there right now and people are not asking that high a price. High enough but in comparison to the one above, the price is above fantastic. We figure that the low prices are because it does cost a small fortune in gas to drive one of those any distance and we think people are getting rid of them for that reason alone. I guess there is the chance also that Snowbirds may reach a time when they quit going south for the winter and sell their unit.

damngrumpy
Ugly as sin i wouldn't give you anything for it

Cliffy
Well I did throw it out there because it is the ultimate in ridiculous. It may be all high tech but it sure is grotesque and ostentatious and outrageously expensive. If I had that kind of money I would be globe trotting not driving around in that monstrosity.

VanIsle
Agreed. If I had that kind of money I sure wouldn't waste it on that thing. As I said though, you can (if one was looking) buy a super nice motor home for pennies in comparison to the cost of that thing. I think it will be a long time before it sells or some odd ball will buy it thinking they actually have something.

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Well I did throw it out there because it is the ultimate in ridiculous. It may be all high tech but it sure is grotesque and ostentatious and outrageously expensive. If I had that kind of money I would be globe trotting not driving around in that monstrosity.

Not to mention the fact that it would be a magnet for thieves.

gopher
Looks a lot better inside than out.

Kreskin
Pics look fake.

Ron in Regina
+1
#10  Top Rated Post
The RV in the OP is butt-ugly. For that kind'a $$$$, there is much better.
Check out these RV's from Anderson: Anderson Mobile Estates (external - login to view)

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Check out these RV's from Anderson: Anderson Mobile Estates (external - login to view)

They are trailers. Not Motor Homes.

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

They are trailers. Not Motor Homes.

They are RV's. Travel Trailers are RV's, 5th Wheel RV's are RV's, Drivable
RV's are RV's.....just different classes. These are much sweeter than that
Blinged out Mad Max meets BattleStar Galactica thing in the O.P.

gerryh
+1

They are RV's. Travel Trailers are RV's, 5th Wheel RV's are RV's, Drivable
RV's are RV's.....just different classes. These are much sweeter than that
Blinged out Mad Max meets BattleStar Galactica thing in the O.P.

Ron, do you have a motor home? There is a BIG difference. I have had tents, tent trailers(soft and hard top) travel trailers, 5th wheels, and now, a Motor Home. Trust me, there is a difference.

Cliffy

Ron, do you have a motor home? There is a BIG difference. I have had tents, tent trailers(soft and hard top) travel trailers, 5th wheels, and now, a Motor Home. Trust me, there is a difference.

The Magic Bus that was on that site is a motor home. Check it out again. You just missed it.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

The Magic Bus that was on that site is a motor home. Check it out again. You just missed it.

Yup, you're right. I missed it.

Ron in Regina

Honestly Gerryh, at his point, I don't even have a tent, though I did spend 6yrs as
a compliance officer for a transport company hauling RV's from Indiana to points
all over Canada.

I didn't say Motor Home, I said RV. Maybe the O.P. stated Motor Home & I missed
that. If so, my bad. RV's don't have to be self propelled to be RV's, and a two story
RV is just so cool.

Would I want one? No....but I still think they're pretty cool.

JLM
What the hell, it's just a place to eat and sleep while you are travelling! Think I'll just carry on with my 1997 Aristocrat 5th wheel for the rest of the duration. It's fairly low maintenance. It's one thing to impress people with a house but most of the people who see your R.V. only see it once!!

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

What the hell, it's just a place to eat and sleep while you are travelling! Think I'll just carry on with my 1997 Aristocrat 5th wheel for the rest of the duration. It's fairly low maintenance. It's one thing to impress people with a house but most of the people who see your R.V. only see it once!!

Unless you are Will Smith or Vin Diesel.

Ron in Regina
Test (just try'n to get past the blue ink thing)

Cliffy

Test (just try'n to get past the blue ink thing)

It must be you cause I ain't got no blue ink.

Ron in Regina

You're right. The O.P. say's Camper Van...& I crossed my wires & just ran with the
RV idea.

karrie
Obviously just a concept vehicle as the pics of the interior don't match up with the pics of the exterior. The wiper blades give it away. As do the words, will, and would, peppered generously throughout the article. They've probably yet to build one, or, if they have built one it's probably nowhere near as polished looking as their renderings imply it will be. Their pop-out photo for example, is completely ridiculous. There's no way they're going to get such a polished, jointless look when they actually build a motorhome with a pop-out.

petros

Looks like something HLS would have for a control center. The type of thing they'd send out if somebody forgot their bag lunch at the ATM.

Cannuck
+1

Honestly Gerryh, at his point, I don't even have a tent, though I did spend 6yrs as
a compliance officer for a transport company hauling RV's from Indiana to points
all over Canada.

I'm a hotel guy myself and would never buy an RV of anykind so I don't know much about them but I did stay at a holiday Inn once.

spaminator
i think its also reffered to as a 'glampervan'.