Looks like tomorrow is his last meal

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Saba miso or okonomiyaki, DQ ice cream cake for dessert and a cigarette, so I can mock lung cancer.

I've always wondered who cooks the last meal. Sure you get whatever you want, but is it made by the prison chef? Maybe I'll just stick with the smoke.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Something high in fibre and wine. If you're going to kill me, I'm going to make your life immediately afterwards as unpleasant as I can.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I do support limited use of the death penalty but the Troy Davis case is one where I think some advocates for the death penalty have got it wrong. Guilt is beyond reasonable doubt, death penalty should be beyond ANY doubt... and (IMO) there is some doubt in this case, maybe not enough for an appeal but enough to commute death to life in prison, or at least a stay of execution while these doubts are addressed.

Last meal for me would be steak, caesar salad, baked potato washed down with a nice dark ale.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I've read that even proponents of the death penalty are for halting the execution in this case. I don't think I've ever come across proponents wanting to stop an execution before.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I've read that even proponents of the death penalty are for halting the execution in this case. I don't think I've ever come across proponents wanting to stop an execution before.

Look at my post just previous to yours. Just because you believe in something under certain conditions doesn't mean you support its use at all times and in all instances. The same is true of abortion: I don't "like" it and don't approve of some situations where it might be utilized but I don't believe it should be illegal.

There are greys in every issue.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
It doesn't look to promising for Troy. Haven't been following the case.

I'd like a medium combination pizza, please, and a cold DIET pepsi.............wouldn't want to risk putting on weight at my age.

Yep, we gots empathy............lol.

PS: I would not like to be a black man, mostly not in the US South, but, in general also.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Well he has been in prison for quite some time. Now taking that into consideration my last meal would be Twins.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
1 Boiled Lobster
A grilled porterhouse steak
steak fries
warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream
3 glass bottles of coca-cola

PS: I would not like to be a black man, mostly not in the US South, but, in general also.

Why?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Look at my post just previous to yours. Just because you believe in something under certain conditions doesn't mean you support its use at all times and in all instances. The same is true of abortion: I don't "like" it and don't approve of some situations where it might be utilized but I don't believe it should be illegal.

There are greys in every issue.

Truer words were never spoken OR "there's an exception to every rule". OR "Never say never". :smile:

1 Boiled Lobster
A grilled porterhouse steak
steak fries
warm apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream
3 glass bottles of coca-cola

Don't you think that's a little extravagant on the taxpayer, since it only has to do you for an hour or two?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Roast Turkey, stuffing, creamed potatoes, yams, peas and carrots, cranberry sauce, cornbread, and pumpkin pie, and 1 litre of cool milk