Canada Post can pound salt

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I went in to the post office today to send out a copy of my book to my niece who lives in Grand Prairie Alta and almost fell over when I paid the shipping bill. $14.27 with taxes to send a 6 X 9 paperback from the Niagara region to Grande Prairie Alta. Up 2 bucks from the last one I shipped. I said to the postal worker. "I guess it's time to start taking my business to the couriers."

"They're more expensive," she replied.

When I ship from my publisher in Wisconsin and North Carolina it cost me half that.

I think it's time to do away with this overpriced crown corporation.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What I find interesting is, why I got your book in days, while the managed to lose the lure DaS sent me.

Then claim they delivered it to "a recipient safe location".

But no one at Canada Post can tell you what that is.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Supporting all those high paid union employees comes at a cost.
****ty isn't it that it is Teamsters or Railway Unions who front the courier workers instead of the CUPW. Even Wal*Mart can give low prices and 100% of their freight is distributed by Union freight companies.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I went in to the post office today to send out a copy of my book to my niece who lives in Grand Prairie Alta and almost fell over when I paid the shipping bill. $14.27 with taxes to send a 6 X 9 paperback from the Niagara region to Grande Prairie Alta. Up 2 bucks from the last one I shipped. I said to the postal worker. "I guess it's time to start taking my business to the couriers."

When I ship from my publisher in Wisconsin and North Carolina it cost me half that.

By the time your book gets there, your niece will have learned to read and promptly place your literature in its proper receptacle..

You should be thankful you got to help organized labour in its struggle to maintain decent wages, pensions, et al. Very few care. Canada Post probably thanks you. If they take time away from screwing over the workers to thank you.

Ingrates! We are becoming a nation of ingrates.

I mailed my sister in Hongcouver a cap and scarf my wife knit for her..........cost........$12.00......Postage = .50. Storage $11.50. All the way from the little have not province of Ontario.

Proud to do my bit I was..........................................:-((me on me little canada post pension.........oh the irony)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I went in to the post office today to send out a copy of my book to my niece who lives in Grand Prairie Alta and almost fell over when I paid the shipping bill. $14.27 with taxes to send a 6 X 9 paperback from the Niagara region to Grande Prairie Alta. Up 2 bucks from the last one I shipped. I said to the postal worker. "I guess it's time to start taking my business to the couriers."​

"They're more expensive," she replied.​

When I ship from my publisher in Wisconsin and North Carolina it cost me half that.​

I think it's time to do away with this overpriced crown corporation.​

Its the law. No courier can undercut Canada Post even if the want to.

BTW: We still have not received your book. Was shipped via Canada Post (by your publisher) on 07/14. I believe they are still using ponies.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Its the law. No courier can undercut Canada Post even if the want to.

BTW: We still have not received your book. Was shipped via Canada Post (by your publisher) on 07/14. I believe they are still using ponies.

The ponies went on strike. Didn't cha hear?? Stevo ordered them back to work, but it was like flogging a dead horse........(moannnnnnnnn)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
More and more people are moving away from Canada Post and the reason is price now
a days. Most of Canada Post is in fact privatized as far as outlets are concerned. True
there are union employees and I have no problem with that. Remember price issues are
management decisions not the union. In order for the union to get paid what they are,
management had to agree with the contract. Neither party is innocent to be true but to
simply blame the union is more about frustration than actual fact.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I went in to the post office today to send out a copy of my book to my niece who lives in Grand Prairie Alta and almost fell over when I paid the shipping bill. $14.27 with taxes to send a 6 X 9 paperback from the Niagara region to Grande Prairie Alta. Up 2 bucks from the last one I shipped. I said to the postal worker. "I guess it's time to start taking my business to the couriers."​

"They're more expensive," she replied.​

When I ship from my publisher in Wisconsin and North Carolina it cost me half that.​

I think it's time to do away with this overpriced crown corporation.​

I ordered the same book (via LULU) and I don't think I paid more than a couple of bucks.
Maybe 1/2 of what Canada Post chaged if I had to guess, & it was in my mailbox within
maybe 1/2 a week or so.

annabattler

Electoral Member
Jun 3, 2005
I ordered the same book (via LULU) and I don't think I paid more than a couple of bucks.
Maybe 1/2 of what Canada Post chaged if I had to guess, & it was in my mailbox within
maybe 1/2 a week or so.[/QUOT

It cost me $75.00 to send a 28 ounce package to Australia,via Canada Post. UPS claims it does not ship "personal" items to Australia....FedEx cost $260.00 !!!

I'm always irked at Christmastime...the postage costs more than the card!!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
It cost me $75.00 to send a 28 ounce package to Australia,via Canada Post. UPS claims it does not ship "personal" items to Australia....FedEx cost $260.00 !!!

I'm always irked at Christmastime...the postage costs more than the card!!

What about ordering online and have it sent directly to them and not to you?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

I know CPC is not cheap but don`t forget your publisher ships lots-o-stuff and gets volume discounts. Oh, they own Purolator so don`t go there.