Mosquito control

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Mosquito control

Seems that we all had a number of these critters so a tip on control- I had looked at this product for a number of years but this year due to the numbers I bought and used it.

I used both Mosquito Barrier and Nutri Shield for mosquito control this summer – Both work well – Like anything it depended upon how much rain you have – Edmonton had lots – found it to be an effective natural control for those pesky critters.

Both are available in the 1 gallon – US size 3.78 liter – best to go online -Much cheaper

Due to the high rates of these critters I had to do a number of sprays – Areas that are wet are a problem – same with bushes etc – I have lots of bushes – trees – My neighbor does not – I used 3 times the amount due to the amount of critters– 2 sprays 1 after the other – Used a fine mist for the grass – mist and stream for the higher trees – worked well

Spray well under and on decks – garage – around door ways – Odor was negligible and disappeared in a short time.

Before I used it you could not walk in the yard without being swarmed – after I sprayed – waited an hour – walked the yard – counted about 20 critters.

Mosquito Barrier - How To Use Mosquito Barrier

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Get a couple of pet ducks, if your zoning allows it. Nothing cleans up skeeters like ducks ... and they mow your lawn for free.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Really ducks?

I thought when it came to mosquito control the bat was the man.
Bats clean up flying skeeters. Duck eat the larva. They never get airborne. Skeeters breed in drops of water caught in blades of grass as well as stagnant pools. Ducks eat the grass and filter out the pools. A little poop in the yard is a minor inconvenience compared to the constant drone and bites of skeeters, and every time it rains the crap is absorbed into the ground, cleaning up the yard.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Bats clean up flying skeeters. Duck eat the larva. They never get airborne. Skeeters breed in drops of water caught in blades of grass as well as stagnant pools. Ducks eat the grass and filter out the pools. A little poop in the yard is a minor inconvenience compared to the constant drone and bites of skeeters, and every time it rains the crap is absorbed into the ground, cleaning up the yard.

And what I used is organic - sends them off to be eaten. Much like sending out food in droves. I rather like that.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Donkey urine is scientifically proven to repel the most aggressive mosquitoes and it also prevent West Nile

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Get a couple of pet ducks, if your zoning allows it. Nothing cleans up skeeters like ducks ... and they mow your lawn for free.

A guy I know has Peacocks on his farm for that exact reason. Two Peacocks
and several Peahens control things and make life much better for his horses.

That, and stocking his dugout with fish.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Donkey urine is scientifically proven to repel the most aggressive mosquitoes and it also prevent West Nile

How does it work with women?

A guy I know has Peacocks on his farm for that exact reason. Two Peacocks
and several Peahens control things and make life much better for his horses.

That, and stocking his dugout with fish.

Living in the burbs does prevent those solutions - The cats in the area though would be happy.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Mosquito control

Seems that we all had a number of these critters so a tip on control- I had looked at this product for a number of years but this year due to the numbers I bought and used it.

I used both Mosquito Barrier and Nutri Shield for mosquito control this summer – Both work well – Like anything it depended upon how much rain you have – Edmonton had lots – found it to be an effective natural control for those pesky critters.

Both are available in the 1 gallon – US size 3.78 liter – best to go online -Much cheaper

Due to the high rates of these critters I had to do a number of sprays – Areas that are wet are a problem – same with bushes etc – I have lots of bushes – trees – My neighbor does not – I used 3 times the amount due to the amount of critters– 2 sprays 1 after the other – Used a fine mist for the grass – mist and stream for the higher trees – worked well

Spray well under and on decks – garage – around door ways – Odor was negligible and disappeared in a short time.

Before I used it you could not walk in the yard without being swarmed – after I sprayed – waited an hour – walked the yard – counted about 20 critters.

Mosquito Barrier - How To Use Mosquito Barrier

Just an update- This stuff worked as they said it would-

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I saw this advertised on tv. I don't know if its any good.

OFF!® Clip-On™

• OFF!® Clip-On™ Mosquito
    Repellent

Mosquito protection that you
    don’t spray on

• OFF!® Clip-On™ Mosquito
    Repellent Refills

Refills for OFF!® Clip-On™
    Mosquito Repellent