i might get left in the cold if that amount
is not high enough to have a better life
in montreal.

any thoughts?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
That's an incredibly difficult question to answer because it depends entirely on the kind of lifestyle you want to be living.

Can it be done? For a single person, yeah. Of course, if you still will remain responsible for Mom back home, that changes things.

But 60K after taxes is not an unreasonable amount to live on in my opinion.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There is no such thing as too much money. $60 g after taxes ain't bad. many people raise families on a lot less. But there is a difference between surviving and living.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Is that a trick question? Quebec is one of the cheaper provinces in Canada in terms of housing costs. Since there are hundreds of thousands of Quebecois living on much less than 60 grand take-home pay I don't see why you should have the least bit of trouble.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
He's an immgrant and he's coming to take your job.

:lol::blob4:...............According to his post, he already has one...................Did someone here just lose theirs??? Grounds for deportation if I ever seed it.;-).

Next thing ya know, his mommy and all the rest of his 235 brothers and sisters will be suckin the system dry............eh.

Where the hell's Kenny McDolt when ya need him.

................60 G's should be lots. Might have to hustle a bit of weed towards the end of the month, but, what the heck.

Kidding.........60 is lots.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
:lol::blob4:...............According to his post, he already has one...................Did someone here just lose theirs??? Grounds for deportation if I ever seed it.;-).

Next thing ya know, his mommy and all the rest of his 235 brothers and sisters will be suckin the system dry............eh.

That goes without saying. Canada and our revolving door that requires boatloads of cash, a sponosor or guaranteed in writing job is just spinning in the wind you see.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
60K is pretty good. But as some have pointed out, it depends on your lifestyle.

I also don't know many French neighborhoods in the US. There are high concentrations of French Canadians in Northern New Hampshire. Louisiana also has a decent concentration but they are more like Cajun French and would bear little resemblence to French-Canadians I would think. I guess it would depend on where your new job is.

What state are you moving to?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

I also don't know many French neighborhoods in the US. There are high concentrations of French Canadians in Northern New Hampshire. Louisiana also has a decent concentration but they are more like Cajun French and would bear little resemblence to French-Canadians I would think. I guess it would depend on where your new job is.

What state are you moving to?
State of Quebec.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.

What state are you moving to?[/Q

LOL..............too funny, Eagle.

Me, A'm tink he doo quite bien well in Louisian, for sure, on dose 60 grands. Mos peoples in Lousian don be makin neer dat 'mount, hien?! Not eben maybe de Gov'nor. His French mos prob'ly fits rite in ther wit em Cajun folk.

But day play dat cool Cajun moosic. Awwwww-haw!!.............Evangaline!!!............hoo hawww.:happy7:.................bass fishin.........oh yah.:blob5:............shrimp huntin.............yah heeeeeeee!!!:toothy7:Take me witch you:wav:

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
It can be done. I've lived off 25k after taxes and I live in downtown Ottawa. Granted, to do so I need to live with a room mate to split the costs.