A looters' apology - Total Crap I say:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Dear Vancouver, I am sorry.
Dear Vancouver, I am sorry. camillecacnioapology

I'll just comment on a few aspects. First she goes into a long winded, detailed apology to just about everybody she could think of..... then starts going into excusing her actions and blaming everybody else except herself.

(edited: since I first read this and commented on it in another forum last night, the below has since been removed from her official apology)

.....What I did was completely out of character for me, but I did it because I was influenced by mob mentality. I want to shed light onto the thought process that was in my head so that maybe you can all get a little bit of an understanding and sympathize for people like me, who made wrong decisions but have now become victims of this social media form of mob mentality.....

AKA: I'm easily influenced and wanted to be considered cool by those surrounding me. Because I was caught red handed, I figured I would turn myself in so that I might get just a slap on the wrist..... and because I got caught and tossed on YouTube, it's really the fault of current social media & current technologies.

..... I am ready to deal with the consequences in a judicial manner, and three, because (may I remind you that) I am responsible for theft – a fairly minor action compared to vandalism and arson. Please remember and understand that I am not responsible for the riot.

I did not vandalize any buildings.
I did not set fire on anything.
I did not break any glass.
I did not instigate the riot.
I did not physically harm anybody.
I did not jump on any cop cars.
I did not even plan on being in the riot.....

AKA: Although I committed a criminal act and because I don't think it's as serious as all of the other criminal acts that occurred, and because I confessed, that makes it all better.... and because you didn't catch me doing anything else on video or photo, I can easily say I didn't do any of those other things.

......At the time, being a part of the riot was simply to fulfill the adrenaline rush I was looking and hoping for – an adrenaline rush that I previously got from post-winning games: hugging randoms, dancing on the streets, honking car horns non-stop, and high-fiving just about everybody. In the same way that everybody enjoyed collectively showing pride in our team, it was enjoyable to express my disappointment in a collective manor.....

AKA: I was being nice and hippy-like the whole time, but was influenced by others doing wrong things, and thus.... it's really their fault and I'm just a brainless moron who can't think for herself.

..... I had no intentions of defiling the city.....

And lunatic serial killers had no intention of killing their victims, chopping them up and eating a little bit of their flesh.... I & they had good intentions don't forget and that's all that matters.

.... But in my immature, intoxicated perspective all I saw was that the riot was happening, and would continue happening with or without me, so I might as well get my adrenaline fix.....

AKA: I was too drunk to know what I was doing was wrong..... (Hmmm.... didn't I hear a rapist use that excuse a few years back?)

...... As bad as it sounds, the stealing was purely fun for me. I had no intentions with the product. I just wanted to get a souvenir at the time. I took two sized 42 mens dress pants. I’m a woman’s size 6-8. I don’t have any brothers, cousins, boyfriends, fathers, grandfathers or anything else of the like that are size 42 in mens. I did not plan on selling them either.......

So that makes it ok.

Stealing is fun for most people who steal.

.... bah, I'm not reading any further. If she had anything worthwhile to say she would have said it by now.

She's a dolt and figured if she came clean now, she'd get off easy, that's all there is to it.

Blah blah blah.

The consequences of your actions are not just the criminal/legal aspect in regards to the law and your punishment, the consequences also include the public humiliation & criticism she is currently getting. Regardless of how much criminal activity she got involved in, she was involved never the less and thus, contributed to the on-going rioting & damage done to the city.

In that regard, she's no better then the people burning things & smashing things.

Actually I just re-checked the above link, and it was edited to just show the apologies and she removed all the excuses and explanations..... one of which I saw last night before I went to bed, was how she's an avid tree-hugger and saw a few people trying to chop down trees, which she yelled at them to stop and they did.... and because of this, she felt like she was a hero.

And near the closing of her original post, she went on to play the race card.

I originally found this link in another forum last night, which I won't post that forum's link here due to competition conflicts, and since last night, her "Apology" was edited from when I grabbed those above quotes, because it obviously caused more backlash at her then it was meant to reduce. Many in the forum I read this in were disgusted and appalled at how she tried to blame everything and everybody else besides herself..... and tried to justify her actions & play the victim. Many were actually sharing links to her employers to send messages & demands for her to be fired or they would boycott their business.

Last edited:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Oh and here's another copy of that tree quote someone else grabbed before it was removed:

As many of you already know, I am majoring in Conservation Biology at UBC. I strongly belirve in ecological conservation and sustainability. That night, I saw a few people that were trying to knock trees down. So what did I do? I yelled at them, saying “Pleaaseee, not the treees!!!!” And what did they do? They stopped. And I felt like a hero.

Wow, a tree-hugging university student majoring in Biology...... maybe she should focus more on spelling & grammar.

Here's another:
Here’s another thing that bothers me: why is everybody so surprised that a female partook in the riot? What is with this attitude that females are incapable of doing what men can do? Maybe it takes an event like this to show you misogynists that woman are fully capable of anything you can do. And if my actions lead to that revelation in your obscure little heads, then maybe it’s a good thing that I partook in this event.

I wasn't surprised, I seen all sorts of men and women running around in the riots.

Oh and some responses from her employers back to some of the letters noted that they have indeed fired her.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When we say they get what they deserve we should be careful we have the right people.
I say that as it turns out some people being photo shopped might not have even been there,
and there are a couple of cases where this may be true.
Now having said that. the price of consequences is high and so is the price of justice. I do
believe we as a society should prosecute everyone of them and place the convicted offenders
before a special prosecutor. After that there should be a special detention center to house them
while the are put to work for a period of six months to two years depending on their attitude.
No music, no outside contact, no special privileges just work and rules and early lights out.
After a significant period of discipline then an education program. One that includes manners,
self discipline, and being responsible citizens.
In addition for a period of five years, they should be on probation, no night clubs, no drinking,
no concerts of any kind, no sports events and no contact with anyone who was with them during
the riot.
If they keep their nose clean for ten years, the criminal charges might be dropped depending on
their behavior and progress. Would this cost extra to enforce? Damn right but it would serve as
a deterrent for others. It would also demonstrate that society is prepared to punish those who are
guilty and not the entire community. If these people together or alone were ever caught in a
similar situation they would go to jail for a long and I mean a long time.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
When we say they get what they deserve we should be careful we have the right people.
I say that as it turns out some people being photo shopped might not have even been there, and there are a couple of cases where this may be true.

I'm sorry, but as someone who uses Photoshop on a regular basis and as a profession, what kind of loser would spend that much time editing a photo to be as realisitic as possible in order to get someone they may not like charged for a crime they never committed?

Indeed, it's possible for someone to edit a photo to show someone doing something they never did, but you have to find the right photo of them, as the right resolution and the right lighting, with the right post and the right angle that matches the photo you're tossing them into.... and done well I might add, to make it look at all believable.

And keep in mind, many of the really incriminating evidence against many of these people are YouTube videos and their own admission to the crimes..... and videos are even more complicated to modify to look real.

Again, I'm not saying it's impossible.... if I put my mind to it, I could do it, but it takes a lot of time to do it right and if someone went through that much trouble and time, they have some real issues.

Now having said that. the price of consequences is high and so is the price of justice. I do
believe we as a society should prosecute everyone of them and place the convicted offenders
before a special prosecutor. After that there should be a special detention center to house them
while the are put to work for a period of six months to two years depending on their attitude.
No music, no outside contact, no special privileges just work and rules and early lights out.
After a significant period of discipline then an education program. One that includes manners,
In addition for a period of five years, they should be on probation, no night clubs, no drinking,
no concerts of any kind, no sports events and no contact with anyone who was with them during
the riot.

While that all sounds nice, do you know how much money and resources would be required to enforce this on so many people who were involved?

Community service would work just as well.

If they keep their nose clean for ten years, the criminal charges might be dropped depending on
their behavior and progress. Would this cost extra to enforce? Damn right but it would serve as
a deterrent for others. It would also demonstrate that society is prepared to punish those who are
guilty and not the entire community. If these people together or alone were ever caught in a

It's doable, but considering the already existing cost of repair and adding this on top of those costs, I don't think many in the courts would seek this approach because not only would the city be paying these expenses for years to come (on top of what they already pay on a yearly basis for normal things) but tax payers would be paying for these expenses as well.... adding further anger and rage to the public that they have to foot a bigger bill for these asshat's actions.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Less of an apology, more of a list of excuses, lame as they may be. Sad, but we do seem to live an a society of victims, nothing is ever anyone's fault. A true apology is "I'm sorry, I was wrong" not " I'm sorry, I was wrong but..."

A true test of one's character is not whether or not they make a mistake or commit a wrong, but their willingness to take ownership and accept responsiblity for what they've done. This girl has quite a few more years to go before she reaches that level of maturity. Hard to say if she'll ever really get there. Hope she does, but I'm not betting on it.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Actually I could see someone going through the trouble to create an image of someone in the middle of the riot in order to discredit them. Possible motivations include competition for a job, promotion, girlfriend, sabotage a political career... The reasons for going through the trouble to frame someone are endless.

In general, people are too eager to assume someone is guilty. The police are going to have to examine all evidence for signs of tampering before taking it to court.

Regarding the subject: If what the girt says is true, she is guilty of looting. In her case, the consequences should be about the same as shop lifting.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I say that as it turns out some people being photo shopped might not have even been there,

With many of these people, there are multiple photos from different sources so the chances of a photoshop conviction are slim to none.

Actually I could see someone going through the trouble to create an image of someone in the middle of the riot in order to discredit them. Possible motivations include competition for a job, promotion, girlfriend, sabotage a political career... The reasons for going through the trouble to frame someone are endless.

In general, people are too eager to assume someone is guilty. The police are going to have to examine all evidence for signs of tampering before taking it to court.

Regarding the subject: If what the girt says is true, she is guilty of looting. In her case, the consequences should be about the same as shop lifting.

I'm fairly certain that in most cases, these suspects are captured by multiple sources and multiple mediums (video, photo). Also, it's not that easy to drop a person into the middle of a riot, especially considering it was shot at night, which means poor lighting and high ISO, which does not lend it self to the type of manipulation you speak of.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
the riot.

I think there are better solutions than prison. Spend the money that would be used supervising them in prison supervising them in the community repairing damage, picking up garbage, working in parks, cleaning up streams for 8 hours a day six days a week.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I agree with you DD. But all evidence should be checked for signs of tampering. I'm not an expert in this area, but I'm pretty sure software exists which can detect tampering. But if the police believe the evidence is tamper free, then the onus should be on the accused to prove the evidence is false. The accused should be able to examine the evidence against them before they go to court and given a chance to prove tampering. That's all I'm saying. Claiming they weren't there and that the image was tampered means nothing without supporting evidence.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
I agree with you DD. But all evidence should be checked for signs of tampering. I'm not an expert in this area, but I'm pretty sure software exists which can detect tampering. But if the police believe the evidence is tamper free, then the onus should be on the accused to prove the evidence is false. The accused should be able to examine the evidence against them before they go to court and given a chance to prove tampering. That's all I'm saying. Claiming they weren't there and that the image was tampered means nothing without supporting evidence.

I agree, any and all evidence should be verified to be legit, I imagine the Crown would so especially if there is only one photo.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I especially like the part about being intoxicated. So, did someone pin her down while another person was injecting alcohol into her bloodstream intravenously?

If so, maybe she should report the guys who did that and say that she can't control herself when drunk and so all her actions should be blamed on the guys who'd injected her with alcohol against her will.

Hmmm.... maybe that could fly?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I especially like the part about being intoxicated. So, did someone pin her down while another person was injecting alcohol into her bloodstream intravenously?

If so, maybe she should report the guys who did that and say that she can't control herself when drunk and so all her actions should be blamed on the guys who'd injected her with alcohol against her will.

Hmmm.... maybe that could fly?
Go to Provincial Court sometime and see what ****ing SPORTS FANS are charged with while drunk and then walk away with a 6 month suspended sentence. They do some reaaaaaally stupid ****.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Praxius - Indeed, it's possible for someone to edit a photo to show someone doing something they never did, but you have to find the right photo of them, at the right resolution and the right lighting, with the right pose and the right angle that matches the photo you're tossing them into.... and done well I might add, to make it look at all believable.

^ Some spelling errors....

In general, people are too eager to assume someone is guilty. The police are going to have to examine all evidence for signs of tampering before taking it to court.......

The thing is, it can take between half an hour to a couple of hours to make a fake image of someone, but it only takes a few seconds to determine if it's fake...... and once that's done, you end up making the person you wanted charged look like the good guy, and a victim..... while making you look far worse and then end up facing charges yourself.... and you'd be really stupid to even take that chance. Far more stupid then someone actually committing a crime.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Praxius; Indeed said:
That would work really well until a dozen other people show up who have taken the exact same photo, so unless you don't mind facing up to 14 years for fraud, it's probably not a good idea. :lol:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Rioter looter fired from job

LOL Don't do the crime if you can't do the time... and certainly don't play the race card.. geeeez

She got fired, good who want's a theif working for them.. I hope plenty of my heads roll, photos and names posted online for 10 years of the looters..

Power of the Internet should haunt all of these theives..

Full text of original apology by Camille Cacnio

Dear City of Vancouver and all its residents,

Yes, this is me in the picture above.

Yes, this is me in the 1:30-1:33 mark of this youtube video.

I am not proud of my actions and have made a visit to the Vancouver Police Department, over the weekend to turn myself in. This blog will serve as a public apology to those that I have offended with my actions, to clarify certain issues, and to address a few peripheral issues that I take as a concern.

My Apologies

I apologize to the City of Vancouver for participating in this riot.

I apologize to the residents of Vancouver for having to deal with the consequences of the event.

I apologize to my friends and family that have been affected by my actions.

I apologize to the Canucks for reacting in a way that is unsportsmanlike.

I apologize to Black & Lee, its employees, and all the customers who have been affected by my actions.

I apologize to Burrard Acura, my managers, my coworkers and its customers. In no way, shape or form does Burrard Acura condone this type of violence or misconduct. It is not necessary to associate my actions with the good reputation of Burrard Acura.

I apologize to Enspire Foundation, its’ volunteers, sponsors and supporters. Enspire Foundation is a reputable non-profit organization that does not condone violence or misconduct behaviour in any way, shape or form. To additionally make things clear, I have not been active with Enspire for quite some time now, so there is no need to associate my actions with the integrity of Enspire Foundation.

I apologize to UBC Athletics and Recreation and to the UBC Rowing Team, the coaches, the athletes, my coworkers and manager, its other employees, its participants and its clients. In no way, shape or form does UBC Athletics or the UBC Rowing team condone violence or misconduct, and should thus not be associated with my actions. To additionally clarify, I have not been a part of the UBC Rowing Team at all during the last term.

Lastly, I apologize to the Faculty of Science. The faculty of science in no way, shape or form condones violence or misconduct. My actions should not be reflective of the good research and work that they have performed.

My Story

I know a lot of you don’t believe me, but the truth is that I take full responsibility for my actions and am sincerely apologetic for what I did. What I did was completely out of character for me, but I did it because I was influenced by mob mentality. I want to shed light onto the thought process that was in my head so that maybe you can all get a little bit of an understanding and sympathize for people like me, who made wrong decisions but have now become victims of this social media form of mob mentality.

Why don’t I think I deserve all this treatment?

Because for one, I’ve admitted to my mistakes, two, I am ready to deal with the consequences in a judicial manner, and three, because (may I remind you that) I am responsible for theft – a fairly minor action compared to vandalism and arson. Please remember and understand that I am not responsible for the riot.

I did not vandalize any buildings.

I did not set fire on anything.

I did not break any glass.

I did not instigate the riot.

I did not physically harm anybody.

I did not jump on any cop cars.

I did not even plan on being in the riot.

On any regular day I would not condone looting.

However, at the time of the riot everything just seemed so right.

At the time, being a part of the riot was simply to fulfill the adrenaline rush I was looking and hoping for – an adrenaline rush that I previously got from post-winning games: hugging randoms, dancing on the streets, honking car horns non-stop, and high-fiving just about everybody. In the same way that everybody enjoyed collectively showing pride in our team, it was enjoyable to express my disappointment in a collective manor.

I had no intentions of defiling the city. I love Vancouver as much as you do – I’ve lived here since I was 7 months old. But in my immature, intoxicated perspective all I saw was that the riot was happening, and would continue happening with or without me, so I might as well get my adrenaline fix.

And what was going on my head about the stealing?

As bad as it sounds, the stealing was purely fun for me. I had no intentions with the product. I just wanted to get a souvenir at the time. I took two sized 42 mens dress pants. I’m a woman’s size 6-8. I don’t have any brothers, cousins, boyfriends, fathers, grandfathers or anything else of the like that are size 42 in mens. I did not plan on selling them either.

*FYI: The pants will be returned, but are not yet returned because the cops want to schedule an appropriate time and date to do so.

I’m a UBC student, and an adult. Shouldn’t I know the difference between wrong and right?

Well yes, I should…but in certain circumstances our perspectives get seriously skewed. It was extremely hard to see the consequences in taking a couple pants, when around me people were lighting up cars, smashing windows and inflicting physical pain on one another. My train of thought at this point was that “the place is already broken into, most of the contents of the store have already been stolen, so what difference does it make if I take a couple things?” Not convinced? Maybe Christopher Schneider, assistant professor of sociology at UBC, can convince you. In his recent quote in the Vancouver Sun he states:

“When the riot started unfolding …you have a lot of law-abiding citizens hanging around downtown who otherwise would’ve got out of Dodge…When you have a mob or riot-like activity, individual accountability tends to go out the window. People see other people setting fires and they think, ‘I’m going to set a fire too, and I won’t get caught.’ These types of people typically wouldn’t set a fire on their own.”

But still, a lot of you don’t find credibility in the theory of mob mentality

I’ve heard people discredit the theory of mob mentality in the case of the 2011 Vancouver Riot. People say that it is clearly possible not to be influenced by others, because for one, majority of people left downtown right away and didn’t participate. And further, that many people who stayed didn’t do anything but watch/take pictures/film. Therefore anybody who tries to reason out by citing the theory of mob mentality is just finding a scape goat. Not true. I would know. John Tauer, physiology professor of the University of St. Thomas would probably also know. In a Minnesota newspaper he states that “many factors…create a mob mentality — though emotion and alcohol do top the list.”

And that’s really what it was for me. I was immature, intoxicated, full of adrenaline, disappointed in the loss, filled with young rage, and have a “go-out-and-do-it” kind of personality. It had nothing to do with anarchy because I am definitely not an anarchist. I am a law-abiding citizen that has had a clean slate criminal record before this night. I had no intentions on harming the law, the city, any businesses or any people. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing and I just got caught up in the chaos.

As soon as I left the riot I knew that what I did was wrong.

As soon as I left the riot I knew that what I did was wrong. My levels of alcohol and adrenaline in my blood had seriously died down, and I was no longer surrounded by the mob. It’s a little funny to me that that was so, because this is exactly what Schneider was explaining earlier: that people lose their individual accountability when in a mob.

If I knew that I was wrong, then why didn’t I do something about it sooner?

I knew that I was going to return the pants and tell the cops that I made a mistake, but why did I wait 2.5 days instead of .5-1 day? Well, that would be out of pure nervousness…nervous to tell my parents and my sister. I was raised in a good family and I was more nervous to tell them than the cops. I had to be okay with admitting it to them before I could go out to the cops.

The infamous smile

And still, a lot of people will never find remorse for me because I had a huge smile on my face. But like I said earlier, it was fun at the time. I thought it was pretty funny because this is the only time that I would ever do something like this. The smile on my face was an “I’m such a badass I can’t believe I’m doing this!” kind of look.

If you still don’t believe I’m a good person, here’s a little side story for you:

As many of you already know, I am majoring in Conservation Biology at UBC. I strongly belirve in ecological conservation and sustainability. That night, I saw a few people that were trying to knock trees down. So what did I do? I yelled at them, saying “Pleaaseee, not the treees!!!!” And what did they do? They stopped. And I felt like a hero.

The “21st Century Witch Hunt?”

In social media sites such as facebook and twitter, we have seen the following actions regarding the riot:

mass amounts of people acting in ways that they would not normally act
people thinking its okay to harm others because everybody else is doing it as well
ensuring that peoples’ lives are destroyed, by making sure everybody collectively e-mails, phones and spams their families, their jobs, their schools, and all others that they are associated with (do it for your country! no wrath! vengeance is ours! the lives of others are miniscule the actions that they have mistakenly done!)

trying to ruin the reputation of all organizations that they are associated with
threatening associations to ruin their reputation if they do not disassociate themselves with that person
exaggerating what that person did in order to make their actions seem completely unforgivable

Does this sound a little bit familiar? I don’t know about you, but to me this sounds like people are trying to retaliate by yet another form of mobbing – the thing about this form of mob mentality that astounds me is that this time they’re doing it sober. As Beer writes in a recent blog that I ran into, “Let’s hope the guilty are found and punished, but also try to make sure the online search for them doesn’t devolve into a 21st century witch hunt.”

Furthermore, the VPD does not support the negative behaviour that has been so prevalent online. In fact, many of you should even be careful of what you say online, because everything that you say online is basically written in stone. And anything that you say can and will likely be used against you in court. If not in the judicial court, then in this new-aged social media court that everybody seems so happy and willing to partake in.

The judicial court is designed to give accused individuals the punishment that they deserve based on the actions that they have made, and protect them from punishments that they do not deserve. It is made up of people that have received years of education and training. This new social-media court that we see is made up of people who likely know very little about rightful punishments. They make decisions based on emotions and try to incriminate individuals in harsh ways that are extremely unnecessary. We need to leave the decision making to the experts, who can separate themselves from emotional decisions provide just punishments.

The VPD defined harassment for me the other day: that it is multiple attempts of unwanted communication. They further advised me to file harassment on anybody who did not leave me alone.

A Peripheral Aside: Notes on Feminism & Racism

There are a few things that I have seen on social media sites that have come across to me as a major concern. First off, a little bit about racism:

Since I am a Canadian citizen, I am aware of my rights. Let me show you a little insert from the Canadian Charter of Rights:
Equality Rights

EQUALITY BEFORE AND UNDER LAW AND EQUAL PROTECTION AND BENEFIT OF LAW / Affirmative action programs.

15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

(2) Subsection (1) does not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration of conditions of disadvantaged individuals or groups including those that are disadvantaged because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Racism is not accepted in my country, so to the following people, and all others of the like, if you are going to make racist remarks, then maybe you should leave our country.

@Mo Hill, I’m glad you own a colour TV. I suggest also owning a time machine. That way you can go back to the 1960′s, when colour TVs first started selling in large numbers…and when racist remarks like yours were much more appreciated. Also, Mr. I’m-so-Canadian, learn how to spell colour right. In Canada we spell colour with a ‘u‘. It’s because we are part of the British Commonwealth. Were you aware of that? If not, try reading up on it on Wikipedia. (PS, that is what people in the kom-pyu-ter-world call a hy-per-link – sound it out, it’s not too hard!) You can click on it and it will direct you to the Wikipedia page I was talking about. You can also find other important information on there, such as, articles on stupidity, imbeciles and mental retardation. Hope that helps, xox!!!).

Here’s another thing that bothers me: why is everybody so surprised that a female partook in the riot? What is with this attitude that females are incapable of doing what men can do? Maybe it takes an event like this to show you misogynists that woman are fully capable of anything you can do. And if my actions lead to that revelation in your obscure little heads, then maybe it’s a good thing that I partook in this event.

My Theory & Thoughts on the situation

What do I think of this whole situation?

I think it has been completely blown out of control.

I think that people are all over my case for several reasons:

1) I’ve lived here all my life so I am bound to have made a few enemies along the way.

It seems abnormal how passionate some people are at trying to ruin my life. Well you know what? I think it’s sad how much you all want to ruin my life and how I have become the centre of your worlds.

2) I’m a UBC student that works two jobs, volunteers and am athletic.

Well guess what folks? People who work hard make mistakes too. And to the guy who called me a “disrespectful spoiled little bitch,” you are completely wrong. I was raised by hardworking parents and was taught to work hard for myself. I work hard to pay for my own rent, my own groceries, my own bills, and my hobbies. I have additionally also been fully responsible for financing my own education. I have been working since I was 14 years old – as soon as I was legally able to do so. I have been responsible for obtaining my volunteer opportunities and my work opportunities. So please people, find it in your humane hearts to let the cops deal with the rest of this.

3) I have been dehumanized.

Nobody has sympathy for a picture. I have been painted out as a criminal, and not the person that I really am. Everybody associates me with all the bad things that have happened in the riot. I do not agree at all with how far the riot went. If you must know, I wasn’t even at the riot when it was at its peak. And to the girl that messaged my sister on Facebook, I sincerely apologize that your boyfriend got stabbed, but I had nothing to do with that. I wish him the best and I hope he gets better. But please separate me, and especially my family from these horrible things that have been done. Remember, the only thing that I did was take a couple things from a store. It’s fairly minor compared to the rest of the acts that were done.

4) People don’t know how else to vent their anger

I honestly think that the reason why people are so strongly targeting people like me is because people are upset. They are drunk off of emotions, and want to do everything they can to fix their city. I completely understand that and like I said, am not proud of myself! Collaborating to clean up the city? Excellent way to remediate the mess. IDing people? Very helpful for the VPD – saves time and money for the cops and in the end for our city. Harassing people, ruining their lives, and finding unlawful punishments? Not at all helpful. It gives the cops more things to deal with, and is in a way a form of anarchy. The laws were made for everybody to follow: criminals and spectators alike. So for you to disregard the laws makes it seem like you are an anarchist…starting a mob…based on social media…starting to get the picture yet?

Anyways, long story short, venting your anger on people does not make the situation better, so feel free to ID people and help in ways that you can, but don’t ruin our lives!

My Requests:

In the Canadian society that we all know and love, we are taught to be righteous individuals, to stand up for our rights, and to be loyal to society. Well great, props to everybody for being loyal to society by IDing people. They (we) will get what they (we) deserve. But you guys are completely forgetting that we have rights as well. It is completely unrighteous to be spending your entire day(s) contacting us, re-posting our pictures, and having everybody collaborate to ruin our lives. Not even the VPD spend that much time on us, so please simmer down a tad bit.

Not only that, but Canada prides itself in being a peaceful country. We Canadians are loved around the world because we know how to handle ourselves and we avoid war as much as possible. The actions that I have seen on social media sites are embarrassing to our country and our reputation. These actions do not reflect the kindness that us Canadians are all known and loved for.

So please, give me, my family, my friends, my school, my employers, and everybody else or everything that I am or was associated with a break. It’s called mistakes. I learned from my mistake, I am not proud of my mistake, and I will make sure not to be influenced by people as easily as I was. I will make sure to make proper judgements on all my decisions in life. I am prepared to do community work, pay fines, and if worst comes to worst, even a criminal record. The same goes for Nathan Kotylak, Sienna St. Laurent, Jason Li and all the others who deserve a break.

As angry as this blog is (a natural response after seeing people repeatedly trying to – successfully – ruin your life), I am again very sorry for my actions. I have reported to the VPD, will return the pants when they want me to, and am currently waiting to see what I will be punished with.

I want to save this last paragraph to my friends and family who have supported me through this difficult time. Without your help I may have lost my mind already. To those who know me and have turned their backs on me, please delete me from Facebook and disassociate yourself from me as much as possible because I don’t want to have anything to do with you.

Thank you ever so kindly for your time.

Sincerely,

Camille Cacnio

AKA: “Looter”, “Flip”, “Anarchist”, “Criminal”, “disrespectful spoiled little b--ch”, “skank”, “lowlife”, “disgrace”, “POS”, “troglodyte”, “scum of the earth”, and much much more

cranky

Time Out
Apr 17, 2011
Re: Rioter looter fired from job

dear human being that used extremely poor judgement.

STFU, You talk too damn much.

If you wanted to apologize, then do so. But, keep in mind that a good apology is meant for the benefit of the person recieving it.

Otherwise, my advice to you is simple. Don't put yourself on trial in front of the media. focus on getting your life where you want it.

You'll have your day in court, please prepare a defence for that day