Casey Anthony trial

bluebyrd35
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

I see statements like the above often, always presented in the rhetorical. What is the answer?

It seems to me that, statistically speaking, the answer is a very, very small number, and getting smaller by the day since DNAevidence was introduced in the mid-90s. How many people have been unjustly convicted since the use of DNA in trials? How many guilty have walked free?

lis

Well, there are many persons languishing in jail that cannot get anyone to hear them. How many cases do not have DNA done because the scene was not treated properly at the time, or the prisoner cannot get anyone to listen??

Here are statements that aren't rhetorical. Former death row Illinois inmates (9) in number were found NOT GUILTY in the 10 years since the death penality was reinstituted. Together those freed spent 52 years on death row and another 36 in county jails. During that same period the state executed 7. It took the intervention of people completely outside of the justice system to win back the freedom of 8 of the 9.

To say the Justice System failed miserably is rather an understatement wouldn't you say? More than half of those sitting death row were NOT GUILTY. One wonders if the 7 executed could not interest anyone on the outside to go to bat for them, or if there was no DNA or they had rotten representation. I imagine very few of the guilty walked free unless they had a "dream team" The question is how many innocents have been unjustly convicted?? Remember there is sometimes no DNA, or the scene was contaminated, or they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rather astounding that at least 9 out of 16 were found innocent & released. 37% only received some form of compensation. It is said it is not the mistakes that are made in the justice system that makes it reasonably but the zeal with which it corrects those mistakes.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Jul 7th, 2011 at 04:17 PM..Reason: Forgot a point.

Ocean Breeze
I have trouble understanding such bloodthirstiness. No wonder we have such a screwed up world.

Me too. That blood thirst is equivelent to the lynch mob mentality. IF the mob in the US had a chance......she would have been strung up and burned like a witch of yore..........while torch carrying audience would be cheering like the barbarians they are.

Nancy Grace would be leading the pack. She is an example of the kind of talking head that influences the highly influenced into a frenzy and you get what we are seeing. Forget anything civilized................like the legal system that was devised that way to make sure that not guilty are not found guilty and wrongfully imprisoned.

For once the system worked as it should. Sure the jurors felt upset about having to render that verdict.....but they did NOT allow their personal emotions to influence the evidence (or lack of) . IF anything......... the US should be proud that their system works.

Mind you ....... Casey is already negotiating megabuck deals. so the american way is alive and well.

NO ONE .....to my knowledge or observation has said anything about her having FUTURE CHILDREN. And what might happen in that event. Again............all they care about is immediate REVENGE...........not justice. The lack of forethought and further potential issues just escapes these vigilantes.

sorry, but that makes the society very very sick.

In the UNITED STATES , Your guilty til proven innocent!
It amazing that anyone is ever found innocent in our court system!
Everything is stacked against you here!
Also the news appears to be against most all people! Most of our news is for the democrats Always!

there is a LOT of truth in that. Just look at how this most recent case went and how the media had her convicted, how the public had her convicted.......

This does not only apply to hi profile cases. IF it were remotely legal.........the US would bring back lynching justice quicker than you can say guilty. Mind you many gun toting idiots take justice into their own hands as it is.

Those that deny any of the above live in the fabricated world of myth about the US.

karrie
+3
#183  Top Rated Post
She never proved herself innocent, they simply were unable to prove her guilty, so the blathering on about how you're guilty until proven otherwise is obviously dead wrong.

ironsides
+1
Good reply Karrie.

lThe Casey Anthony trial is over and those who continue to bash the U.S. legal system have no idea what they are talking about. Have fun.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Good reply Karrie.

lThe Casey Anthony trial is over and those who continue to bash the U.S. legal system have no idea what they are talking about. Have fun.

"She never proved herself innocent,'

It is NOT up to her to prove herself innocent. She is innocent until proven guilty. Iron: if you can say that with a straight face.....it is hilarious. She was convicted by the public and the media long before the jury did their job. The system itself is pretty good. and THIS TIME IT WORKED VERY WELL. But the ATTITUDE of the population can definately be " guilty until proven innocent"

You going to tell us that the mob reaction has true justice in mind or vengence/ and revenge. ??

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

This does not only apply to hi profile cases. IF it were remotely legal.........the US would bring back lynching justice quicker than you can say guilty. Mind you many gun toting idiots take justice into their own hands as it is.

Those that deny any of the above live in the fabricated world of myth about the US.

This is about the Casey Anthony Trial... stay on topic.

How's that?

YukonJack
+1
Ocean Breeze a habitual and incorrigible Yankee-hater like you would complain just as loudly if the jury verdict had been GUILTY.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

lis
Well, there are many persons languishing in jail that cannot get anyone to hear them. How many cases do not have DNA done because the scene was not treated properly at the time, or the prisoner cannot get anyone to listen??
Here are statements that aren't rhetorical. Former death row Illinois inmates (9) in number were found NOT GUILTY in the 10 years since the death penality was reinstituted. Together those freed spent 52 years on death row and another 36 in county jails. During that same period the state executed 7. It took the intervention of people completely outside of the justice system to win back the freedom of 8 of the 9.
To say the Justice System failed miserably is rather an understatement wouldn't you say? More than half of those sitting death row were NOT GUILTY. One wonders if the 7 executed could not interest anyone on the outside to go to bat for them, or if there was no DNA or they had rotten representation. I imagine very few of the guilty walked free unless they had a "dream team" The question is how many innocents have been unjustly convicted?? Remember there is sometimes no DNA, or the scene was contaminated, or they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Rather astounding that at least 9 out of 16 were found innocent & released. 37% only received some form of compensation. It is said it is not the mistakes that are made in the justice system that makes it reasonably but the...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
The primary reason for false conviction is eye witness testimony.

If there was a high number of false convictions post Guy Paul Morin (the big eye opener for investigators and prosecutors regarding tunnel vision) and post-1995 use of DNA, then I would be very surprised. If the convictions were eye witness based and pre-DNA, then I'm not surprised. Post DNA and pre-DNA are entirely different situations, but pre-DNA false convictions are held up as a reason to doubt legal arguments today, and I think they shouldn't be. I'm very interested in national statistics regarding false convictions after DNA was introduced to legal arguments. Long ago cases have no real bearing on today's cases due to the leaps in forensic analysis.

It is NOT up to her to prove herself innocent. She is innocent until proven guilty. Iron: if you can say that with a straight face.....it is hilarious. She was convicted by the public and the media long before the jury did their job. The system itself is pretty good. and THIS TIME IT WORKED VERY WELL. But the ATTITUDE of the population can definately be " guilty until proven innocent"

You going to tell us that the mob reaction has true justice in mind or vengence/ and revenge. ??

The one juror we've heard from said that they do not believe that she is innocent. What she said is that they couldn't figure out how she died, so they couldn't determine a punishment. As Kreskin pointed out, no one knows how Laci Peterson died, but that did not interfere with the jury's ability to evaluate the circumstantial evidence and conclude that her husband is guilty. I think the jury in the Antony case was confused about the instructions. I think the woman also said something about all the evidence being circumstantial ... which tells us that this jury has watched too much CSI and doesn't understand the ligitimacy of circumstantial evidence.

Nuggler
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Did they do away with the "faint hope" clause? It used to be if you were a very good boy in jail, there was a slim chance you could get out after 15 years. I kind of thought it was a good clause for cases that are an exception to the rule (like maybe the guy who killed a politician after being lied to one too many times)

Not sure, JLM; ain't gonna check, cause i don't care. That is to say, the faint hope clause only gives useless bureaucrats somewhere to spend their time, and mess with the minds of victim's families. It should be abolished.

Think it was put in place so a "life man walking" would not totally believe that he'd hit the wall, and there was no hope, so he could kill guards and inmates alike with no further penalty.

Woops............ Actually, come to think of it, kinda like it now. Give the dirty murdering, raping, bastards some hope, then pull the rug...............gotta love it, eh. Give them all the faint hope they gave their victims.

Wat ya think???

YukonJack
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Not sure, JLM; ain't gonna check, cause i don't care. That is to say, the faint hope clause only gives useless bureaucrats somewhere to spend their time, and mess with the minds of victim's families. It should be abolished.

Think it was put in place so a "life man walking" would not totally believe that he'd hit the wall, and there was no hope, so he could kill guards and inmates alike with no further penalty.

Woops............ Actually, come to think of it, kinda like it now. Give the dirty murdering, raping, bastards some hope, then pull the rug...............gotta love it, eh. Give them all the faint hope they gave their victims.

Wat ya think???

What do I think? I think that you are a complete, total and uninformed idiot.

And sadistic, as well.

cranky
you should take out the word idiot so it isn't a personal attack.

Retired_Can_Soldier

They (the public) are not the justice system and that is why jury's are sequestered. The public did not try Casey Anthony, the justice system did and the onus was upon them to prove her guilty and they were unable to do just that. So whatever the Nancy Graces say, or the Jones' say is irelevant. Casey Anthony received a fair and impartial trial with the presumption of innocence.

Ocean Breeze
What is interesting here too..........is the notable lack of "opinion", "commentary" etc etc..... about any future children she might have.

THAT should be a concern given all that has transpired re: her wreckless parenting skills. , potential neglect due to a lifestyle preference.

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

They (the public) are not the justice system and that is why jury's are sequestered. The public did not try Casey Anthony, the justice system did and the onus was upon them to prove her guilty and they were unable to do just that. So whatever the Nancy Graces say, or the Jones' say is irelevant. Casey Anthony received a fair and impartial trial with the presumption of innocence.

all true. It does make one wonder why the wall to wall coverage of the case if there was not some intent to influence......as opposed to inform the public.

either way, interesting dynamic of the culture itself. Now she is speaking of herself as a celeb. Yet , she is not saying how relieved she is to be found not guilty for a crime she did not commit. and thanking the justice system. for helping her regain her freedom.

She is probably sociopathic .....at the least......and it makes one wonder just what goes on in her mind and motives.

Ariadne
I seem to recall that the faint hope clause is gone.

What is interesting here too..........is the notable lack of "opinion", "commentary" etc etc..... about any future children she might have.

THAT should be a concern given all that has transpired re: her wreckless parenting skills. , potential neglect due to a lifestyle preference.

all true. It does make one wonder why the wall to wall coverage of the case if there was not some intent to influence......as opposed to inform the public.

either way, interesting dynamic of the culture itself. Now she is speaking of herself as a celeb. Yet , she is not saying how relieved she is to be found not guilty for a crime she did not commit. and thanking the justice system. for helping her regain her freedom.

She is probably sociopathic .....at the least......and it makes one wonder just what goes on in her mind and motives.

She is talking about having more children, but I don't think she should be the primary custodian of any child for the remainder of her life ... any child raised by her will be as messed up as she is.

Ocean Breeze

I seem to recall that the faint hope clause is gone.

She is talking about having more children, but I don't think she should be the primary custodian of any child for the remainder of her life ... any child raised by her will be as messed up as she is.

and that does not cover the hi RISK (life and death........due to either accident or homicide) factor. It is this that I am thinking about.

about messed up..........from what I have seen of Caylee on the tv , the adorable little girl seemed very well adjusted and showing development on par with her age. That was probably due to the caring her grandparents gave her. They seemed to be the constant in her life.

Hope some agency is paying attention to her talk of having more kids. At least the Octomom was not charged with any homicide of any of her brood.

YukonJack
If Casey Anthony had aborted her unborn baby, she would be a heroine.

Mowich
Watched Primetime Nightline last night as they had an interview with one of the jurors, the prosecutor and the defense attorney. I found what Jose Baez had to say very interesting. He unequivocally stated that Caylee accidentally drowned in the family pool. However, he was unable to say where the body was during the 31 days before it was found. He also stated that during that time period when Casey was seen to be out partying and having a grand old time, it was simply her way of dealing with grief. And, he absolutely believes that George did indeed molest Casey, in spite of the fact that not one shred of evidence pointed to any such thing.
I thought the juror - #3 I think she was - was very well spoken and clearly understood the task before her and made her decision based on the law and the law only.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by YukonJackView Post

If Casey Anthony had aborted her unborn baby, she would be a heroine.

Don't think so. First , it would have had to be a public event. for the media to sensationalze it. Second.......the religeous fanatics would have condemned her for murdering her unborn child. We should know by now what happens to abortion clinics in the US.

Just heard that there is concern for her safety when she is released in the next few days. Gee, that was a no brainer.....and has been mentioned here some time ago. That should make her feel even more like a celeb. Suspect that risky behavior and the thrill of it is not new to her anyhow.

Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Watched Primetime Nightline last night as they had an interview with one of the jurors, the prosecutor and the defense attorney. I found what Jose Baez had to say very interesting. He unequivocally stated that Caylee accidentally drowned in the family pool. However, he was unable to say where the body was during the 31 days before it was found. He also stated that during that time period when Casey was seen to be out partying and having a grand old time, it was simply her way of dealing with grief. And, he absolutely believes that George did indeed molest Casey, in spite of the fact that not one shred of evidence pointed to any such thing.
I thought the juror - #3 I think she was - was very well spoken and clearly understood the task before her and made her decision based on the law and the law only.

It is too bad that Baez brought up the points about the incest (which just does NOT ring true) Partying is only a method of dealing with grief is one is a sociopath and has little if any empathy. ( Scot Peterson had about the same lack of appropriate emotion and affect during the search for his wife and baby) Csey's tears are based on narcississism. , little else. She is as jaded as Scott Peterson and probably appreciates her freedom from parenthood, responsibility more than she will admit.

The question is: ;why didn't she give the baby up for adoption??? Possible answer: she would have.......except that her mom made that decision for her. Her mom certainly had a vested interest in that little girl. And in her way seemed very protective of her.

........agree, the Juror seemed very realistic about the situation. and handled the job very responsibly.

Ariadne

and that does not cover the hi RISK (life and death........due to either accident or homicide) factor. It is this that I am thinking about.

about messed up..........from what I have seen of Caylee on the tv , the adorable little girl seemed very well adjusted and showing development on par with her age. That was probably due to the caring her grandparents gave her. They seemed to be the constant in her life.

Hope some agency is paying attention to her talk of having more kids. At least the Octomom was not charged with any homicide of any of her brood.

There are several photos of her with injuries around her eyes and she has dark circles under her eyes more often than not. She was provided for by her grandmother, not her mother.

With her mother, she was hanging around with guys that smoked pot and drank lots, and a couple of guys testified that they slept with Casey and her daughter in the same bed ... that should not have been happening. As the prosecution said, it was just a matter of a very short time until Caylee was going to be telling her grandparents that there was no nanny, no job, no play mates ... nothing but imaginery friends in her mom's head.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

PS......... personally, I do think Baez was right when he said that Cayless was not missing. Casey knew where she was all along. That is probably why she did not "report her MISSING". the missing info is HOW SHE ENDED UP where she did.....WHO bagged her body and who dumped it there??? WHEN did the tragic incident happen??

Sociopaths don't have the ability for remorse. and that comes through clearly with Casey. But even that does not prove that she committed PRE-MEDITATED murder.

There are several photos of her with injuries around her eyes and she has dark circles under her eyes more often than not. She was provided for by her grandmother, not her mother.

With her mother, she was hanging around with guys that smoked pot and drank lots, and a couple of guys testified that they slept with Casey and her daughter in the same bed ... that should not have been happening. As the prosecution said, it was just a matter of a very short time until Caylee was going to be telling her grandparents that there was no nanny, no job, no play mates ... nothing but imaginery friends in her mom's head.

couple of things. Agree. the main caregivers and "parents" were the grandparents. I think they really adored that little girl.

about her starting to talk..... and revealing information about Casey's promiscuous lifestyle .......don't know how much weight that carries. Not even sure how much Casey cares. It's not like her friends and family did not know what she was doing.

IF there was child abuse , one has to wonder why it was not reported. Not saying there wasn't. Just being in that environment would have been abuse.

Seems that it is safe to conclude that there has been a lot of covering up by a lot of people AND enabling of Casey's destructive behavior.

What has not been clearly defined is the trigger . What triggered the crisis that snowballed out of control ?? The ony thing that comes to mind is Cindy wanting to take care of Cayless on a full time basis. Did Cindy threaten to report Casey to the authorities in an effort to gain full custody of the child???

Ariadne

PS......... personally, I do think Baez was right when he said that Cayless was not missing. Casey knew where she was all along. That is probably why she did not "report her MISSING". the missing info is HOW SHE ENDED UP where she did.....WHO bagged her body and who dumped it there??? WHEN did the tragic incident happen??

Sociopaths don't have the ability for remorse. and that comes through clearly with Casey. But even that does not prove that she committed PRE-MEDITATED murder.

Apparently the jury thought that it was quite acceptable to duct tape, bag and dump a body in a swamp if they couldn't figure out how the child died ... crazy stupid if you ask me, but hey, the jury has spoken. Baez may have baffled the jury with his BS, but I don't think he anticipated the financial mountain that would fall on his client if he managed to help her get away with murder. First, she said her daughter was missing. Then she said her daughter was kidnapped by an imaginery nanny. Then, she was simply missing and kidnapped, perhaps by the ex-fiance. The final story about the drowning in the pool is a good story, but when Anthony had every opportunity to offer that story at earlier times, she turned down the offer. The child drowned so now I suspect that she will be financially responsible for an awful lot of effort that was put into search, rescue, analysis and prosecution based on a "missing child" scenario.

Ms Anthony will continue to do what she has always done, so it's only a matter of time before she breaks the law again.

What has not been clearly defined is the trigger . What triggered the crisis that snowballed out of control ?? The ony thing that comes to mind is Cindy wanting to take care of Cayless on a full time basis. Did Cindy threaten to report Casey to the authorities in an effort to gain full custody of the child???

My understanding is that Cindy threatened to seek sole custody of Caylee if Casey didn't shape up ... shortly before the murder.

Ocean Breeze

Apparently the jury thought that it was quite acceptable to duct tape, bag and dump a body in a swamp if they couldn't figure out how the child died ... crazy stupid if you ask me, but hey, the jury has spoken. Baez may have baffled the jury with his BS, but I don't think he anticipated the financial mountain that would fall on his client if he managed to help her get away with murder. First, she said her daughter was missing. Then she said her daughter was kidnapped by an imaginery nanny. Then, she was simply missing and kidnapped, perhaps by the ex-fiance. The final story about the drowning in the pool is a good story, but when Anthony had every opportunity to offer that story at earlier times, she turned down the offer. The child drowned so now I suspect that she will be financially responsible for an awful lot of effort that was put into search, rescue, analysis and prosecution based on a "missing child" scenario.

Ms Anthony will continue to do what she has always done, so it's only a matter of time before she breaks the law again.

My understanding is that Cindy threatened to seek sole custody of Caylee if Casey didn't shape up ... shortly before the murder.

Yes, Casey will continue her lifestyle choices , making up for lost time. Not only that.......if she gets a windfall or two from some high paying "tell all " interview or book.........she can even enhance her lifestyle considerably....... and completey ignore her parents / family as she would no longer need to manipulate them for funds. (until she runs out of course)

Thanks for the info re her mom. I thought I heard something about that......but that makes sense. And that could well have been the "precipitating" factor......or trigger .

IF only the main question of HOW DID SHE DIE could be answered.......other answers might fall into place.

IF you were to hypothesize given what you know........what working theory would you consider as a probability?? Thx.

Ariadne
I don't have any problem figuring out how she died. She had a hot date with her new boyfriend, the one she met over the internet, and she didn't have a babysitter. She called her mom a bunch of times around 4 on the day Caylee died but her mom wouldn't answer the phone because she had late Monday meetings. Casey probably had some ruse about having to work and the imaginery nanny being in another car accident. Casey wanted her date, and the boyfriend had told Casey that he didn't think his place (drugs, alcohol, electronic gaming, etc) was the correct place for a toddler ... so Casey knew not to bring Caylee. I suppose she chloroformed her daughter and put her in the trunk. I suspect that her daughter died as a result of this. The next day, or whenever Casey came to, she discovered that she had murdered her daughter and proceeded to party hard and enjoy the freedom.

I've been reading about a case in Japan where an Australian woman was chloroformed to death during a date rape, and the key was that chloroform gathers in the liver. I have wondered why, if chloroform was used, no one asked about the liver.

Ocean Breeze

I don't have any problem figuring out how she died. She had a hot date with her new boyfriend, the one she met over the internet, and she didn't have a babysitter. She called her mom a bunch of times around 4 on the day Caylee died but her mom wouldn't answer the phone because she had late Monday meetings. Casey probably had some ruse about having to work and the imaginery nanny being in another car accident. Casey wanted her date, and the boyfriend had told Casey that he didn't think his place (drugs, alcohol, electronic gaming, etc) was the correct place for a toddler ... so Casey knew not to bring Caylee. I suppose she chloroformed her daughter and put her in the trunk. I suspect that her daughter died as a result of this. The next day, or whenever Casey came to, she discovered that she had murdered her daughter and proceeded to party hard and enjoy the freedom.

I've been reading about a case in Japan where an Australian woman was chloroformed to death during a date rape, and the key was that chloroform gathers in the liver. I have wondered why, if chloroform was used, no one asked about the liver.

very interesting; and plausible. So the idea would be that the chloroform was to keep her sedated ( or baby sat) , but she either forgot about how long Caylee was in the trunk or didn't care....... Now was the duct tape applied after the choloform or after she was found dead??? OK.........let's work with that. What happened next???

Ariadne
It seems that after someone dies, especially in the hot Florida sun, bodily fluids begin to ooze out of the body. The duct tape may have been part of the "ooze prevention". She must have picked up the Henkel tape at home, because dad had it and it wasn't common. She then bagged her daughter in a couple of garbage bags, the Winnie the Pooh blanket, the Winnie the Pooh laundry bag and thought about burying her in the back yard. The smell of death was so bad she told a friend that her dad used the car and drove over a squirrel. She borrowed the neighbour's shovel, but probably thought it was too much work to dig a hole for a 2 year old so she returned the shovel and drove over to the Pet Cemetery, where she and her buddy tossed hamsters and other small animals, and tossed her daughter in the swamp/Pet Cemetery. I guess she had her own little ceremony and placed a heart sticker on the duct tape before feeding her child to the swamp creatures. Casey Anthony is a disgusting excuse for a human and should be fed to the swamp creatures when she kicks.

Florida should develop a mandatory jury course which explains the relevance of circumstantial evidence to all future jurors.

I don't think the death of her daughter was the first time she chloroformed her, or zanex/zannied her ... but this time she wanted to have the entire evening, night and day with the new beau, so she overdid it.

Ocean Breeze

It seems that after someone dies, especially in the hot Florida sun, bodily fluids begin to ooze out of the body. The duct tape may have been part of the "ooze prevention". She must have picked up the Henkel tape at home, because dad had it and it wasn't common. She then bagged her daughter in a couple of garbage bags, the Winnie the Pooh blanket, the Winnie the Pooh laundry bag and thought about burying her in the back yard. The smell of death was so bad she told a friend that her dad used the car and drove over a squirrel. She borrowed the neighbour's shovel, but probably thought it was too much work to dig a hole for a 2 year old so she returned the shovel and drove over to the Pet Cemetery, where she and her buddy tossed hamsters and other small animals, and tossed her daughter in the swamp/Pet Cemetery. I guess she had her own little ceremony and placed a heart sticker on the duct tape before feeding her child to the swamp creatures. Casey Anthony is a disgusting excuse for a human and should be fed to the swamp creatures when she kicks.
Florida should develop a mandatory jury course which explains the relevance of circumstantial evidence to all future jurors. LOL! Maybe not only in Florda.
I don't think the death of her daughter was the first time she chloroformed her, or zanex/zannied her ... but this time she wanted to have the entire evening, night and day with the new beau, so she overdid...

what you describe hangs together quite well. Yes, I too think she used Choroform etc as a "baby sitter." Too bad she was too lazy to do a better job at cleaning up and deorderizing the car. Too sloppy for a true PRE-MEDITATED situation. Wonder how long the body was in the trunk and if it has begun to decompose before she bagged it. The amount of smell described suggests that a body decomposing/ decomposed would have been in the hot truck for a peroid of time . Do you think her dad had a role in any of this??

Re: The duct tape may have been part of the "ooze prevention".

...maybe. OTOH......... she might have put the duct tape on after Caylee fell asleep from the choroform.(in case she woke up and started to cry) And then added more as ooze prevention when she saw what was happening.

.......if ever there was a case for having her tubes tied to prevent further pregnancies it is this one. At the very least , the suspicion of murder should serve as a legal footing for forcing her to have it done.

Ariadne

what you describe hangs together quite well. Yes, I too think she used Choroform etc as a "baby sitter." Too bad she was too lazy to do a better job at cleaning up and deorderizing the car. Too sloppy for a true PRE-MEDITATED situation. Wonder how long the body was in the trunk and if it has begun to decompose before she bagged it. The amount of smell described suggests that a body decomposing/ decomposed would have been in the hot truck for a peroid of time . Do you think her dad had a role in any of this??

Re: The duct tape may have been part of the "ooze prevention".

...maybe. OTOH......... she might have put the duct tape on after Caylee fell asleep from the choroform.(in case she woke up and started to cry) And then added more as ooze prevention when she saw what was happening.

.......if ever there was a case for having her tubes tied to prevent further pregnancies it is this one. At the very least , the suspicion of murder should serve as a legal footing for forcing her to have it done.

I'm pretty sure the decomposition was beginning by the time Ms Anthony finally decided to check on her daughter. I suspect she suspected that her daughter was dead. The fluids were leaking into the trunk cover and high levels of chloroform were found in the trunk. Although there a several causes for chloroform, the extremely high (unheard of) levels of chloroform suggested that extra chloroform, used as a sedative, was added to the mix.

I still can't figure out why the coroner didn't examine the liver for chloroform ... or was that done. I don't know, but I never heard about the liver levels of chloroform. Either it wasn't there or it wasn't tested. If it wasn't there, it could mean that Casey's first experiment with chloroform killed her daughter.

Carita Ridgeway was drugged/murdered with chloroform but it wasn't identified at the time of death. However, she was a healthy, young Australian working hostess clubs in the Japan red light district. She wasn't a prostitute, but rather an evening companion hostess that could be hired to talk with him; appear interested ... she was encouraged to arrange dinner dates with customers. She unexpectedly died of liver failure/brain dead after a "date" with a murderer.

A book was recently written about the investigation that led to the realization that Carita Ridgeway had been poisoned, and it gives interesting insights into the Japanese legal system. Casey Anthony and Amanda Knox are lucky they didn't murder someone in Japan.

Ocean Breeze
Casey Anthony Dreams in Jail of Having Another Baby

Jailhouse Letters Reveal Casey Anthony's Desire for a Baby After Caylee : People.com (external - login to view)

...Oh my.

I'm pretty sure the decomposition was beginning by the time Ms Anthony finally decided to check on her daughter. I suspect she suspected that her daughter was dead. The fluids were leaking into the trunk cover and high levels of chloroform were found in the trunk. Although there a several causes for chloroform, the extremely high (unheard of) levels of chloroform suggested that extra chloroform, used as a sedative, was added to the mix.
I still can't figure out why the coroner didn't examine the liver for chloroform ... or was that done. I don't know, but I never heard about the liver levels of chloroform. Either it wasn't there or it wasn't tested. If it wasn't there, it could mean that Casey's first experiment with chloroform killed her daughter.
Carita Ridgeway was drugged/murdered with chloroform but it wasn't identified at the time of death. However, she was a healthy, young Australian working hostess clubs in the Japan red light district. She wasn't a prostitute, but rather an evening companion hostess that could be hired to talk with him; appear interested ... she was encouraged to arrange dinner dates with customers. She unexpectedly died of liver failure/brain dead after a "date" with a murderer.
A book was recently written about the investigation that led to the realization that Carita Ridgeway had been poisoned, and it gives interesting insights into the Japanese legal system. Casey Anthony and Amanda...

Seems that the decomposition was so advanced that there was not much left of that little body. The inner organs would go very quickly. I think just some skeletal portions remained ...So there was probably no liver to examine.

Wonder how much longer she would have gone on ignoring the fact that she no longer had a child , if her mom had not demanded some answers and called the authorities???

Ariadne
I agree that more Henkel duct tape was probably added over the next few days while the ooze dampened the tape, and the car trunk cover got more stained. I think it was around June 24 that she actually went to the house looking for a shovel. This was after the car really started to stink, friends noticed, she blamed it on her father having driven over a squirrel and it being attached under the hood or frame of the car. This was before she drove her car to the same credit bank her mother used, parked next to the dumpster, and abandoned the car. She told friends it was being serviced by her father.

As the prosecutor so aptly put it, she tells a lie to achieve a result - a convenient result for her.

She's actually a scary person to release with the message that she can get away with murder. Joran van der Sloot may have gotten away with murder in the case of Natalee Holloway, but with the murder of Stefanie 5 years later to the day, he got really sloppy. I guess we'll have to wait for Ms Anthony to do it again.

Casey Anthony Dreams in Jail of Having Another Baby

Jailhouse Letters Reveal Casey Anthony's Desire for a Baby After Caylee : People.com (external - login to view)

...Oh my.

Seems that the decomposition was so advanced that there was not much left of that little body. The inner organs would go very quickly. I think just some skeletal portions remained ...So there was probably no liver to examine.

Right, thank you. What am I thinking! I do that from time to time ... forget a critical premise ... is that alzheimers or just plan stupidity.
Chloroform wouldn't show up in her bones as far as I know ... and if I had to guess, I would guess that the liver would give out sooner than say the heart or brain ... so the oozing may be moreso from the liver, intestines and stomach first. I understand that the uterus is the last to decompose based on the Laci Peterson case. If the liver decomposed and oozed between June 16 and June 24, when Ms Anthony's activities correlate with feeding her child to the swamp creatures, that would explain the exceptionally high levels of chloroform on the trunk liner.

Actually, I watched the judge's ruling today, and I was wondering about how the judge primarily addressed Mr Mason as looking after the case. He also made it clear that Baez will be dismissed as soon as any appeal is filed, if Ms Anthony decides to appeal today's ruling.

I wonder if and when Mr Baez will face sanctions for what he did before and during the trial. There is also question about filing perjury charges against Cindy Anthony. Her testimony attempted to eliminate the pre-meditation of computer searches, but it was proven that she was in another place - that the only person that had access to the computer at the time was Ms Anthony and her mother tried to lie and claim that she did the search. In terms of the defence case, this reinforced the argument put forth by Baez that Ms Anthony grew up in a lying, dysfunctional home.

Ocean Breeze

I agree that more Henkel duct tape was probably added over the next few days while the ooze dampened the tape, and the car trunk cover got more stained. I think it was around June 24 that she actually went to the house looking for a shovel. This was after the car really started to stink, friends noticed, she blamed it on her father having driven over a squirrel and it being attached under the hood or frame of the car. This was before she drove her car to the same credit bank her mother used, parked next to the dumpster, and abandoned the car. She told friends it was being serviced by her father.
As the prosecutor so aptly put it, she tells a lie to achieve a result - a convenient result for her.
She's actually a scary person to release with the message that she can get away with murder. Joran van der Sloot may have gotten away with murder in the case of Natalee Holloway, but with the murder of Stefanie 5 years later to the day, he got really sloppy. I guess we'll have to wait for Ms Anthony to do it again.
Right, thank you. What am I thinking! I do that from time to time ... forget a critical premise ... is that alzheimers or just plan stupidity.
Chloroform wouldn't show up in her bones as far as I know ... and if I had to guess, I would guess that the liver would give out sooner than say the heart or brain ... so the oozing may be moreso from the liver, intestines and stomach first. I...

May I ask you a question?? Do you have some legal background as in training?? You present your ideas and observations in very well articulated format.

...... there sure is a lot of blowback from the verdict. The anger is palpable..... Don't recall it being this volatile after OJ 's first verdict. But memory being what it is....