Casey Anthony trial

karrie
+2
I find it odd that anyone would give her so much space in their minds as to be worrying about her skin and why it does or doesn't look the way it does.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

I find it odd that anyone would give her so much space in their minds as to be worrying about her skin and why it does or doesn't look the way it does.

The pic just shocked me! Sorry... I'll get back on track.

Ariadne
The photo shows the "Bella Vita" tattoo that Ms Anthony got shortly after murdering her daughter. The tattoo artist asked where Caylee was when she got the tattoo and Ms Anthony acted as though everything was fine, saying that she'd bring her daughter in during the next visit. I must be old fashioned, because I would never take a 2.5 year old child into a tattoo parlour and expect her to wait while mom got a tattoo.

Mowich
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Seems that an important question is : How long is the media going to keep going over this ad nauseum and only adding to her celeb. status.

this is gone beyond rediculous. It is not and has not been NEWS for some time now. I guess the constant rehashing is mllking the ratings until something else comes along that can be sensationalized to the same degree.

the media is the third justice system in the US. Guilty until proven innocent is what it goes by.

One can rather safely conclude that the words "fair trial " are just words.

And yet here we are still belaboring the same old topic - the media will carry on as long as there are fools like us who are stupid enough to pay attention. About time we all moved on - soon enough there will be another 'cause' for Nancy Grace and her ilk to grab headlines again.

Ariadne
I'm curious about how much the state is going to charge her for the investigation of a child that was never missing.

Ms Anthony is going to be served papers tomorrow morning ... she is being sued by Tim Miller of Equisearch, an organization that was asked by the family to come to Florida to search for a child that was never missing. I think his costs were $112,000.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

The photo shows the "Bella Vita" tattoo that Ms Anthony got shortly after murdering her daughter. The tattoo artist asked where Caylee was when she got the tattoo and Ms Anthony acted as though everything was fine, saying that she'd bring her daughter in during the next visit. I must be old fashioned, because I would never take a 2.5 year old child into a tattoo parlour and expect her to wait while mom got a tattoo.

That's nice, but if you read what you wrote, she didn't do that either.

Ariadne
She told police, her family and her lawyer that her child had been kidnapped by her imaginery nanny. Her family requested that Equisearch look for the missing child.

Ocean Breeze

I'm curious about how much the state is going to charge her for the investigation of a child that was never missing.

Ms Anthony is going to be served papers tomorrow morning ... she is being sued by Tim Miller of Equisearch, an organization that was asked by the family to come to Florida to search for a child that was never missing. I think his costs were $112,000.

Payback is a bi$ch , ain't it?? I suspect that society will make life so unbearable for her , she will wish she was in the relative "safety " of a prison. The savage response to her and the ruling is at a level of psychological "torture".

Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

And yet here we are still belaboring the same old topic - the media will carry on as long as there are fools like us who are stupid enough to pay attention. About time we all moved on - soon enough there will be another 'cause' for Nancy Grace and her ilk to grab headlines again.

Of course that is very true. and it is rather easy for anyone to fall into that trap. Unfortunately. . The case itself is one thing....but the people's response to it is another ......from a psycho -social point of view.

karrie
+1

Payback is a bi$ch , ain't it?? I suspect that society will make life so unbearable for her , she will wish she was in the relative "safety " of a prison. The savage response to her and the ruling is at a level of psychological "torture".

Of course that is very true. and it is rather easy for anyone to fall into that trap. Unfortunately. . The case itself is one thing....but the people's response to it is another ......from a psycho -social point of view.

people's reactions to the case are completely in line with the value we as a society put on our children. There are few things that enrage as much as the discarding of a child.

EagleSmack

Poor Casey. :roll

(How do you make a rolling eye thing again?)

Ariadne
Rumour is that Ms Anthony is going to Puerto Rico, where she doesn't need a passport, and that she will live under an assumed name in disguise. For someone with such a propensity for telling lies upon lies, that seems like the perfect life for her.

Ocean Breeze

people's reactions to the case are completely in line with the value we as a society put on our children. There are few things that enrage as much as the discarding of a child.

Well, if there was as much HYSTERIA about the children killed and maimed due to the US WARS......one might consider child welfare an important part of a value system.

The FACT remains........ it is still an ASSUMPTION that she murdered ( pre-meditated) and "discarded" the little girl. Someone knows what happened and that person ain't talking. The hard evidence does not make for a guilty verdict that warrants the death penalty.

an aside: Love seeing eaglesmacks name indicating he / she posted something. ......and having the IGNORE feature proves itself more valuable all the time. Have a nice day ES.

Rumour is that Ms Anthony is going to Puerto Rico, where she doesn't need a passport, and that she will live under an assumed name in disguise. For someone with such a propensity for telling lies upon lies, that seems like the perfect life for her.

IF she survives long enough considering the lynch mob threats. and easy access to weapons in the US.

Some just can't face reality. THere was not enough EVIDENCE to convict her. So she's a liar. So is Bush jr. (and HIS lies have killed tens of thousands in a nation that was no threat to the US ). No one has convicted him of murder........en masse for that matter.

Some perspective is urgently needed. This hysteria just inflames itself ...

karrie

Well, if there was as much HYSTERIA about the children killed and maimed due to the US WARS......one might consider child welfare an important part of a value system.

The FACT remains........ it is still an ASSUMPTION that she murdered ( pre-meditated) and "discarded" the little girl. Someone knows what happened and that person ain't talking. The hard evidence does not make for a guilty verdict that warrants the death penalty.

an aside: Love seeing eaglesmacks name indicating he / she posted something. ......and having the IGNORE feature proves itself more valuable all the time. Have a nice day ES.

I never said she murdered her. But she discarded her. As for dragging wars into it... everyone knows what a declaration of war entails. We are in Afghanistan and not innocent of the deaths of children. But to compare this to that is such a far stretch. She threw her child away, and people know it. They are reacting accordingly.

BTW, your aside is childish and rude. If you're going to ignore someone, ignore them.

Ocean Breeze

I never said she murdered her. But she discarded her. As for dragging wars into it... everyone knows what a declaration of war entails. We are in Afghanistan and not innocent of the deaths of children. But to compare this to that is such a far stretch. She threw her child away, and people know it. They are reacting accordingly.

BTW, your aside is childish and rude. If you're going to ignore someone, ignore them.

thank you.

and yes, we too are guilty of killing children. ANd that haunts me daily. Well, HOW do people KNOW it.?? IF they truly KNEW it for a FACT........she would have been found guilty. The reality is that NO ONE except a very few actually KNOW what happened , We do NOT KNOW how and what actually took place........and the kids' mom being a pathological liar has no credibility. Even if she ADMITTED it as is a confession..........how can she be believed??

karrie

thank you.

and yes, we too are guilty of killing children. ANd that haunts me daily. Well, HOW do people KNOW it.?? IF they truly KNEW it for a FACT........she would have been found guilty. The reality is that NO ONE except a very few actually KNOW what happened , We do NOT KNOW how and what actually took place........and the kids' mom being a pathological liar has no credibility. Even if she ADMITTED it as is a confession..........how can she be believed??

When it comes to children, people don't need to know, to get angry. You should know that, you talk constantly about your avid curiosity about psycho social behaviour. This whole trial, and people's reactions to it, has not been surprising, or out of the norm in any way. Yet, you are trying to spin it like there is something inherently wrong with a society that would so vehemently care.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Poor Casey. :roll

(How do you make a rolling eye thing again?)

I have no sympathy for her whatsoever.

Video of Ms Anthony, when the body was found in the swamp, was suppressed during trial because it was too prejudicial. If she really didn't know that it was her child in the swamp, she would not have had any reaction ... but her reaction was so significant it was deemed damaging to her defence.

I'm hoping that film will be released because, when it is, it should leave no doubt that she knew perfectly well that her child was still in the swamp right where she left her.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

What did Scott in was the bodies turned up at the exact spot Scott claimed he was fishing, pretty damning evidence I'd say!

That's just a coincidence. It could've been George!

Ariadne

thank you.

Today, my son mentioned something about the ovens and Jewish people during WW2. He had no idea what really happened so I gave him a brief recap ... from being herded by train to death camps, males and females separated, the healthy pulled aside for work, the rest marched into "showers" where they were gassed, then into the ovens. I told him a little bit about what happened to twins, but then realized he'd had enough to digest for a long time. Children have been victims of war for centuries ... but Caylee Anthony was a victim of filiicide, not war.

The jury screwed up ... it happens. The jury foreman seems to think that George ... a witness regarding decomposition ... was on trial.

Ocean Breeze

When it comes to children, people don't need to know, to get angry. You should know that, you talk constantly about your avid curiosity about psycho social behaviour. This whole trial, and people's reactions to it, has not been surprising, or out of the norm in any way. Yet, you are trying to spin it like there is something inherently wrong with a society that would so vehemently care.

I guess, if you interpret THREATS to the family, and her as "caring". and find that kind of radical conduct acceptable.... it is little wonder that the mob mentality is alive and well.

I would HOPE that if such a situation happened in Canada..........we would have more common sense and a whole lot LESS Hysteria.

The situation is tragic enough , without adding more horror to it. IF people want to show they CARE.......then have candle light vigils..for the little girl. And ignore the mother as she has made herself a societal outcast.

Some calm dignity might be in order from those that care and want to memorialize Caylee. The new Caylees law is one very positive way of CHANNELLING all that rage into something constructive. Now THAT is a very positive outcome out of a horror story.

karrie

I guess, if you interpret THREATS to the family, and her as "caring". and find that kind of radical conduct acceptable.... it is little wonder that the mob mentality is alive and well.

I would HOPE that if such a situation happened in Canada..........we would have more common sense and a whole lot LESS Hysteria.

The situation is tragic enough , without adding more horror to it. IF people want to show they CARE.......then have candle light vigils..for the little girl. And ignore the mother as she has made herself a societal outcast.

Some calm dignity might be in order from those that care and want to memorialize Caylee. The new Caylees law is one very positive way of CHANNELLING all that rage into something constructive. Now THAT is a very positive outcome out of a horror story.

The people who would pose death threats are few and far between, when compared to the people holding vigils, etc. You're grasping at the few and attempting to paint everyone their colour.

Ariadne
Let me guess ... Cindy Anthony is telling people that they have received threats? What else is new. Let's not forget that Cindy Anthony lied under oath. Is she too looking for a fake name, makeover and new life in Puerto Rico.

Ocean Breeze

Today, my son mentioned something about the ovens and Jewish people during WW2. He had no idea what really happened so I gave him a brief recap ... from being herded by train to death camps, males and females separated, the healthy pulled aside for work, the rest marched into "showers" where they were gassed, then into the ovens. I told him a little bit about what happened to twins, but then realized he'd had enough to digest for a long time. Children have been victims of war for centuries ... but Caylee Anthony was a victim of filiicide, not war.

The jury screwed up ... it happens. The jury foreman seems to think that George ... a witness regarding decomposition ... was on trial.

A childs' premature death is still a horror. no matter how it happened. There are NO exceptions.

Interesting tidbit about the Jury foreman. IF true.......makes one wonder about the caliber of the Jury itself . Again, IF.

Ariadne

The same situation could never happen in Canada because we have laws preventing the release of investigative information pre-trial. There's a wonderful cooling off period between news of a crime and trial, eliminating any possibility of people getting all worked up about the crime for 1-3 years ... and we are also fortunate in that we don't have TV nuts trying to influence how people perceive crimes.

Ocean Breeze

Let me guess ... Cindy Anthony is telling people that they have received threats? What else is new. Let's not forget that Cindy Anthony lied under oath. Is she too looking for a fake name, makeover and new life in Puerto Rico.

Well, the media and other talking heads indicate that the threats are real. The legal teams both , have admitted to receiving threats.

but not to worry........this is how they show that they "care". along with the hype and hysteria. Just ask one of the posters here that fully supports a hysterical reaction to the verdict.

Ariadne

A childs' premature death is still a horror. no matter how it happened. There are NO exceptions.

Interesting tidbit about the Jury foreman. IF true.......makes one wonder about the caliber of the Jury itself . Again, IF.

There was nothing interesting about this murdering mother or her child. Casey Anthony is a nobody ... but because Cindy Anthony called Nancy Grace when she thought her granddaughter was missing, the Nasty Grace has been on the case ever since. Nasty Grace turned this routine murder into TV Murdertainment, and she would be the one to bear the responsibility for any mob reaction we see today.

Ocean Breeze

The same situation could never happen in Canada because we have laws preventing the release of investigative information pre-trial. There's a wonderful cooling off period between news of a crime and trial, eliminating any possibility of people getting all worked up about the crime for 1-3 years ... and we are also fortunate in that we don't have TV nuts trying to influence how people perceive crimes.

good point. and that cooling off period is vital in preventing the craziness we see to the south. And you are right.... the media does not inflame, act as judge , jury and executioner, so by the time the actual trial takes place....calmer heads prevail. As it SHOULD BE. The legal system should NOT be a circus or some "reality TV" ... It , by virtue of its purpose warrants dignity and dignified conduct.

Ariadne

Well, the media and other talking heads indicate that the threats are real. The legal teams both , have admitted to receiving threats.

but not to worry........this is how they show that they "care". along with the hype and hysteria. Just ask one of the posters here that fully supports a hysterical reaction to the verdict.

Of course the grandparents and mother are going to continue trying to grab the headlines ... when this is all over, they've got nothing but their own miserable lying lives to look forward to.

Ocean Breeze

There was nothing interesting about this murdering mother or her child. Casey Anthony is a nobody ... but because Cindy Anthony called Nancy Grace when she thought her granddaughter was missing, the Nasty Grace has been on the case ever since. Nasty Grace turned this routine murder into TV Murdertainment, and she would be the one to bear the responsibility for any mob reaction we see today.

exellent post. I must have missed (or tuned out the part about Cindy calling Nancy Grace. Wow........if THAT was not the most stupid thing to do. , not sure what is. Weren't her local authorities not good enough??

( now that is a red flag piece of behavior on its own.)

Of course the grandparents and mother are going to continue trying to grab the headlines ... when this is all over, they've got nothing but their own miserable lying lives to look forward to.

Me thinks ya got it spot on. The media hysteria / sensationalism......must be very "addictive".

Even Dr. Drew....who usually is quite well grounded...... has been losing it over this situation. Not the behavior of a professional psycholgist.

Kreskin

exellent post. I must have missed (or tuned out the part about Cindy calling Nancy Grace. Wow........if THAT was not the most stupid thing to do. , not sure what is. Weren't her local authorities not good enough??

( now that is a red flag piece of behavior on its own.)

Me thinks ya got it spot on. The media hysteria / sensationalism......must be very "addictive".

Even Dr. Drew....who usually is quite well grounded...... has been losing it over this situation. Not the behavior of a professional psycholgist.

Red flag? With the daughter obviously lying and the local authorities being sent to chase fictitious leads it's understandable that someone who actually cares for the young child is desperate to find her. Why the hell didn't the daughter scream from the rooftops too? I'll give you three guesses.

Ariadne

good point. and that cooling off period is vital in preventing the craziness we see to the south. And you are right.... the media does not inflame, act as judge , jury and executioner, so by the time the actual trial takes place....calmer heads prevail. As it SHOULD BE. The legal system should NOT be a circus or some "reality TV" ... It , by virtue of its purpose warrants dignity and dignified conduct.

I'll tell you how it works. People that watch Nancy Grace and Greta van Susteren flock to a website called websleuths.com. This started in about 2002 when Laci Peterson disappeared the day before Christmas. The site is run by someone called Tricia and managed by several moderators. When Nasty Grace introduces a case on TV Murdertainment, a thread pops up at that website. Some threads gain momentum, while others don't seem to have the right mix of mystery and emotion-jerk to continue. With the case of the missing child, and the daily barking from the Nasty Grace, the murder of Caylee Anthony gained momentum. In no time, Baez was playing into it, turning it to his advantage.

When Victoria Stafford went missing in Woodstock, Ontario, a thread was introduced at that particular website (as well as the now dead InSessions web forum) and it went wild. The mother was repeatedly accused of having murdered her own child and, if the case had not been solved, people on that website - the Nasty Grace believers - would have convicted her without a trial. Because there was some history of oxycontin abuse in the family, that was sufficient for the mob to conclude guilt. It's important to note that Canadians responded with the same venom for Victoria Stafford's mother as US commenters.

Actually, it is perhaps worthwhile comparing the mother of Victoria Stafford to the mother of Caylee Anthony and looking at the fact that their actions, after their daughters disappeared, were universes apart.
Last edited by Ariadne; Jul 12th, 2011 at 08:50 PM..